Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

cptn_dr posted:

Mr Mime is just a horrible little man

Tbf there are enough of these that 'just a horrible little man' should be the next new type. weak to fire super effective against my imagination of how they'll be rendered in this film

Honestly Mr. Mime is a pretty great choice to feature in the trailer to communicate exactly what the design direction is going to be for rendering the pokemon and get people over the hump of accepting it.

So what pokemon does everyone most want to see translated? My vote goes would be for everyone's favorite 8-ft long bug centaur Scolipede:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Beyblades do also have the advantage of being an uncomplicated and fun casual real-world toy that TCGs kinda can’t match.

Worst battle catchphrase by a mile, though—“It’s time to duel!” > “I choose you!” >>>> “Let it rip!” imo
(And the instruction booklet that comes with beyblades explicitly commands you to shout that as part of the game procedure :lol:)

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 5, 2019