Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

:frogsiren: NO SPOILERS :frogsiren:

If you're here, you probably know perfectly well what Red Dead Redemption is, especially with all the hype over the 2018 sequel... prequel... the one with the 2 at the end, but just in case you've lived under a rock for the last ten years I'll just mention that RDR is an open world western game by Rockstar San Diego, released on PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2010. A Wild West GTA, if you will.

Set in the dying days of the old west in the year 1911, Red Dead Redemption tells the tale of former outlaw John Marston, who has been forced by government agents to hunt down the known surviving members of his old gang. As you might expect, a lot of horse riding and gunfighting ensues, along with some more mundane old west activities such as taming horses, herding cattle, and getting eaten by bears or cougars.

This is a playthrough of the Xbox 360 version of the Game of the Year Edition, recorded on Xbox One (Xbox One X from episode 7 onward, which is why the game suddenly starts to look a lot better) using backwards compatibility. The first 21 episodes are my solo commentary that someone somewhere might possibly find informative, after that ChaosArgate joins me for the rest of the LP. We (mostly) won't be talking over cutscenes and do our best not to talk over any important dialogue, although there is a whole lot of talking in this game so sometimes we might slip up a bit on that front.

I'm doing the story missions, all Stranger side missions, and all Legend of the West ambient challenges (hunter, sharpshooter, herbalist, treasure hunter - the DLC adds some additional ones, but these were the ones in the original game and they're the ones I'm gonna be doing) in the game. 100% completion in RDR requires a bunch of grindy bullshit, so I'm not bothering with that. You get some bonus outfits and other cool junk, but nothing hugely exciting.

As for the Undead Nightmare DLC, that's a bit of a problem. While I do obviously have the DLC as it's part of the GOTY edition, it has serious technical issues and is practically unplayable thanks to Title Update 1.08 introducing a couple of game-breaking glitches back in 2014 and Rockstar being too busy swimming in piles of GTA shark card money to bother fixing the issues. I suppose I could run it unpatched on my 360 if people in the thread REALLY want to see Undead Nightmare, but we'll see how that goes. The main game is the priority, anyway, and this LP has already taken long enough. If I do Undead Nightmare, it'll probably get its separate thread down the line. EDIT: No, gently caress that, we're doing it right here. :zpatriot:

As for spoilers... well, this game is ten years old and I'm sure most of you know by now what happens in the story, but please don't spoil anything because ChaosArgate is actually coming to this blind. With all that out of the way, it's time to do some cowboy poo poo!

[Playlist]

Chapter 1: New Austin

Episode 1: Exodus in America
Episode 2: Political Realities in Armadillo
Episode 3: Justice in Pike's Basin
Episode 4: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Bandit
Episode 5: Wild Horses, Tamed Passions
Episode 6: A Tempest Looms
Episode 7: Stranger Things
Episode 8: You Shall Not Give False Testimony, Except for Profit
Episode 9: Liars, Cheats and Other Proud Americans
Episode 10: Let the Dead Bury Their Dead
Episode 11: Can a Swindler Change His Spots?
Episode 12: Born Unto Trouble
Episode 13: The Hanging
Episode 14: Lights, Camera, Action
Episode 15: The Assault on Fort Mercer
Episode 16: We Shall Be Together in Paradise

Chapter 2: Nuevo Paraiso

Episode 17: Far Away (click HERE for cut version in case YouTube blocks the original because of the music)
Episode 18: Landon Ricketts Rides Again
Episode 19: Civilization, at Any Price
Episode 20: The Demon Drink
Episode 21: Still Strange
Episode 22: The Other Train Mission
Episode 23: Must a Savior Die?
Episode 24: John Marston, Genius
Episode 25: The Other Other Train Mission
Episode 26: Adios :nws:

Chapter 3: West Elizabeth

Episode 27: The Accountant
Episode 28: Legend of the West
Episode 29: Wreck of the Serendipity
Episode 30: At Home With Dutch
Episode 31: Just Like the Old Days
Episode 32: Our Days Are Over

Epilogue

Episode 33: The Quiet Life
Episode 34: John Marston and Son (and Uncle)
Episode 35: The Day John Marston Stopped Shooting
Episode 36 (FINAL): Violent Hearts

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Red Dead Redemption was a huge success and one of the most acclaimed games of 2010. In the months following its release, millions of fans anxiously awaited a single-player story DLC announcement, because the Episodes from Liberty City DLC for Grand Theft Auto IV had been leaps and bounds above most other companies' DLC offerings and were basically full-fledged GTA storyline campaigns without the lack of focus the main GTA IV campaign suffered from. Surely, Rockstar would follow up Red Dead Redemption with similar DLC episodes, perhaps exploring what happened after the events of the main storyline or simply offering a new perspective on the main plot.

So, naturally, Rockstar released a zombie DLC.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare is a huge departure from the main game in both gameplay and tone. Instead of a somber tale about redemption, cycles of violence and the dying days of the old west, this is a cheesy Weird West B-movie romp set in a zombie apocalypse. Everything that happens in Undead Nightmare is completely non-canon to the main story, as the DLC is set during the game's epilogue in an alternate timeline where certain things are a bit different. This also means Rockstar could go crazy with their writing, so there will be plenty of shenanigans going on.

If you want to play Undead Nightmare these days, you might have some problems because the last title update for Red Dead Redemption six years ago introduced serious bugs that can and will completely break the game on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 (and Xbox One). You can technically work around them, but it's a massive pain in the rear end and Rockstar is never going to fix the bugs because doing so doesn't involve microtransactions. Basically, what happens is that the zombie models fail to load and in their place you get invincible, headless gunmen (edit: not actually invincible, just really annoying to kill). Once this happens, you basically cannot progress and have to kill Marston or restart the game (which you'll probably have to do anyway because the game crashes if you try to save when the glitch is active) to fix the issue... until it inevitably crops back up shortly afterward. There are many other bizarre bugs as well, but this one is the most glaring.

In order to avoid these problems, I am running Undead Nightmare on an Xbox 360 instead of Xbox One X, unpatched (which is impossible on Xbox One systems because they require downloading the latest version of the game to play), from the standalone disc included with the Game of the Year Edition. The fact I have to do this to ensure a playable experience on a DLC that Rockstar is still more than happy to sell to you for $9.99 is frankly ludicrous. Playing the game at a 720p internal resolution with frame drops is a pretty major downgrade from the BoneX's native 4K/locked 30 fps (and even the 720p native res/locked 30 fps of the regular Xbox One) as well, but there's not much I can do about that. :rockstar:

VIDEOS

Undead Nightmare Episode 1: Love in the Time of Plague
Undead Nightmare Episode 2: You Can't Eat Me, I'm Herbert Moon
Undead Nightmare Episode 3: Zombie Clown Car
Undead Nightmare Episode 4: Dead Sled
Undead Nightmare Episode 5: Mother Superior Blues
Undead Nightmare Episode 6 (FINAL): Bad Voodoo

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 1, 2020

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Episode 1: Exodus in America

John Marston arrives in New Austin and meets some old and new friends.

Now, I mentioned the Game of the Year Edition's Hardcore Mode at the start but didn't go into detail. If you're only familiar with the non-GOTY release of RDR, here's what the Hardcore Mode changes:

Red Dead Wiki posted:

Aiming is permanently set to Expert.
Maximum health is reduced by half.
Health regenerates more slowly and begins refilling after a longer delay.
Dead Eye Targeting does not automatically fill over time. It must be earned by killing enemies or using items.
Horses do not regenerate. If killed, the player must purchase, steal, mount, or break another horse and then Hitch it to a post to earn the right to call it by whistling. Horse Deeds are still available and unlimited use, but are twice as expensive.
Store items cost more. Sell values are lowered.
Reward/drops/looting amounts are lowered (ammunition and money).
Pardon Letters are more rare.
Fame and Honor gains are reduced.
Mini-game buy-ins are lowered to match the scarcity of money.
The War Horse deed is not automatically provided to the player and must be purchased instead. It is available to be purchased for $10,000 in any General Store.
The Deadly Assassin Outfit increases the amount of Deadeye gained from kills, rather than over-time regeneration.

It's basically one of those hard mode romhacks that makes everything a pain in the rear end because that's "challenging". Prepare to spend a lot of time sitting in cover if you choose to play this mode.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 14, 2018

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I remember playing Red Dead Revolver, but I never picked up this one.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Episode 2: Political Realities in Armadillo

Today, we engage in some horseplay and gunplay, as we do favors for Bonnie MacFarlane and Marshal Leigh Johnson respectively. There is one point in this video where I actually had to splice in audio from another recording and also do some video editing trickery to get rid of an Xbox notification that popped up on the original recording. Can you tell what that point is? If not, I've done my job properly. :clint:

Oh, and speaking of separate recordings, there's this outtake from the Marshal mission that I thought was pretty funny. The reason I didn't use this take in the episode was that the lighting was a bit different from the original run and it would've looked weird.

azren posted:

I remember playing Red Dead Revolver, but I never picked up this one.
I remember being interested in Revolver when it came out and really liking its presentation (especially the soundtrack, which featured licensed music from the likes of Luis Bacalov and Ennio Morricone), but never actually got around to playing it. From what I understand, it has no connection to Redemption aside from the Dead Eye mechanic and the fact some of the characters reappear in Redemption's multiplayer DLC.

EDIT: It turns out I still missed part of the conversation with Bonnie in "This is Armadillo, USA" despite driving that wagon like a blind and deaf old lady. I have no idea how the game expects you to ever hear this dialogue (maybe if you somehow fail the mission and have to retry, which actually almost happened because that dog at the ranch nearly got run over :shittydog:), so here it is:

quote:

Bonnie: How well do you know New Austin?

Marston: I don't. We talked about coming down here many times but we never made it.

Bonnie: Who's "we"?

Marston: Me and the folks I used to, used to work with. Yeah, New Austin, the last real outlaw country. Where the old ways still hold true. You do a man wrong, he'll shoot you for it. You do a man right...well, he still may shoot you for it. But at least you have an idea of what's right and what's wrong here.

Bonnie: Dear oh dear, Mr. Marston... What dreadful novel did you get that romantacized drivel out of? Those days are long gone, if they were ever here at all. According to Pa, those days were just people shooting each other because they lost at cards. We'll be lucky if our ranch survives another 5 years. Businessmen are the new cowboys.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 14, 2018

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I think I still have a digital copy of this from a PS3 game share, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. Looking forward to watching someone play this game I never got around to!

divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011
This is great! I'm a huge fan of this game, in fact I'm up to my elbows in RDR 2 right now, but it's been so long since I played the first game that I've forgotten a lot of details, will be good to revisit. I didn't realize that the Undead Nightmare content was bugged, I really loved that DLC - having to keep all the towns protected from invading zombies added a fun base management aspect to the game. Looking forward to more videos!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I keep reading the title as Blessed are the Pacemakers.

Anyway, shaping up for a good LP.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

divedivedive posted:

I didn't realize that the Undead Nightmare content was bugged, I really loved that DLC - having to keep all the towns protected from invading zombies added a fun base management aspect to the game. Looking forward to more videos!
It seems to still work okay for some players (maybe the Xbox One X patch somehow fixed the problems), but the last time I attempted to play the DLC around the time I recorded the first part of the main game for this LP, I was able to get maybe 20 minutes in before I was getting shot at by unkillable, headless (actually completely invisible aside from their clothing) NPCs instead of being attacked by zombies. Then the game crashed and my Undead Nightmare save got corrupted. Fun times.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Doc M posted:

As for the Undead Nightmare DLC, that's a bit of a problem. While I do obviously have the DLC as it's part of the GOTY edition, it has serious technical issues and is practically unplayable thanks to Title Update 1.08 introducing a couple of game-breaking glitches back in 2014 and Rockstar being too busy swimming in piles of GTA shark card money to bother fixing the issues. I suppose I could run it unpatched on my 360 if people in the thread REALLY want to see Undead Nightmare, but we'll see how that goes. The main game is the priority, anyway.

Undead Nightmare is amazing, though, so it'd be great if you could show it off.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Episode 3: Justice in Pike's Basin

Today we're hunting some critters, plants, and treasure as we get started on the Legend of the West challenges, and we'll finish things off by shooting a gang of cattle rustlers. A very productive day in the life of John Marston, seen in glorious fake 4K (to keep YouTube from destroying the video quality -- I recommend using the 4K option even if you're on a 1080p display)!

Pay no mind to the abrupt ending, something weird happened in encoding and the video doesn't smoothly fade out at the end like it should. The episode's duration is correct, though, so you're not missing out on anything.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 18, 2018

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Well that was about the most GTA-like mission I've seen so far, the only difference is the lack of automatic or semi-automatic weapons.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Cooked Auto posted:

Well that was about the most GTA-like mission I've seen so far, the only difference is the lack of automatic or semi-automatic weapons.
Yeah, strictly mechanically speaking, a lot of RDR is pretty much just GTA with an old west skin and not that much more exciting on paper. That means a whole lot of shootman missions, and you might've already noticed the old Rockstar standby of "quest givers give vague hints they might help you if you do them a bunch of favors first" pop up in these early story missions. However, missions like Justice in Pike's Basin are still really cool in my opinion because it's such an old school western setup, riding with a posse to take down a gang of cattle rustlers in a canyon.

The awesome music helps sell the atmosphere as well, and the fact you barely ever have to use cover makes RDR a lot more exciting to play than GTA if you ask me. I actually recorded this first batch of episodes while I was in the middle of my GTA IV LP a couple of years ago, and the difference was kinda staggering.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Also let's not forget the usual Travel & Talk sequences that are an essential mainstay of any Rockstar game these days.

Yeah the music is pretty solid. Which makes sense when you can't really rely on a ingame radio or something as previously.

My only real issue with that mission is that it feels a bit too long for its own good.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Doc M posted:

That means a whole lot of shootman missions, and you might've already noticed the old Rockstar standby of "quest givers give vague hints they might help you if you do them a bunch of favors first" pop up in these early story missions.
Stick a pin in that one - we'll be getting back to it very often.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Just want to say thanks for doing this Doc M. RDR is probably in my top 5 games but with it never getting a PC release I'm not sure if I'll ever get a chance to replay it.

I think it's the feeling of wild open space that lived in memory the most but after these 3 episodes I'm reminded of the excellent writing too. I've got a bit bored of GTA's gurning nihilism and the type of characters it produces but people like Bonnie, the Marshall and Marston himself still feel well written and actually likeable.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I'm not convinced the writers know what a Marshal is.

They've got him operating out of a sheriff's office with no sign of an actual sheriff (I could see the town being too small for it to be worth having a separate office, but marshals != sheriffs), and complaining about the feds (a US Marshal works for the federal government). It's kinda bugging me.

Edit: I guess it's possible for a Marshal to also be the local sheriff - Seth Bullock (as immortalized by Deadwood) was.

malkav11 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 19, 2018

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Working for the federal government and hating it aren't that uncommon.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

malkav11 posted:

I'm not convinced the writers know what a Marshal is.

They've got him operating out of a sheriff's office with no sign of an actual sheriff (I could see the town being too small for it to be worth having a separate office, but marshals != sheriffs), and complaining about the feds (a US Marshal works for the federal government). It's kinda bugging me.

Edit: I guess it's possible for a Marshal to also be the local sheriff - Seth Bullock (as immortalized by Deadwood) was.

Maybe he's a Sheriff who's name is Marshal ?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

White Coke posted:

Working for the federal government and hating it aren't that uncommon.

Being a fed and talking about them in the third person, less so.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Episode 4: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Bandit

Well, that got pretty dark all of a sudden.

I mentioned in the video that there was some business I meant to take care of to the east of MacFarlane's Ranch. Basically, I was going to buy some unique items in the town of Thieves' Landing, but for some reason the shopkeeper I was looking for didn't spawn so I just figured I'd head back to the ranch and come back later. Not much of interest happened on that trip, so I just cut it all out to keep this video under the 40-minute mark.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I just noticed that the mouth of the third hostage never closed.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Cooked Auto posted:

I just noticed that the mouth of the third hostage never closed.
Huh, yeah. That's a weird glitch. I wonder if that always happens (like another mission cutscene glitch we'll see a bit later) or if I just had bad luck on this recording.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Jesus goddamnit, could I just have one video game without cannibalism in it?! Rockstar?!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Episode 5: Wild Horses, Tamed Passions

As the title suggests, we've got a lot of horse-related action going on in this one and we even manage to tame ourselves a new steed. We also meet Bonnie's father and his glorious, glorious mustache.

I slightly misspoke in the episode when talking about the three-star horses. I said there were three of these, but obviously with the War Horse now part of the main game there's in fact four. Speaking of the War Horse -- our new horse, which I've named Lord Saddler, actually has slightly worse stats so he's a bit of a downgrade at this point. In the original game, you started with a basic two-star horse that had less speed and stamina than Lord Saddler, so getting him in this mission was actually a nice upgrade. Of course, we could've just kept using the War Horse and never hitched Saddler, but since Bonnie was nice enough to let us keep him I figured I might as well do that.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Papa MacFarland is a proto-CHUD

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Papa MacFarland is a proto-CHUD
He's no Herbert Moon

Come to think of it, we haven't met Herbert Moon in the LP yet. I'll be sure to get to that the next time I record.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Episode 6: A Tempest Looms

I think we've just about paid off that $15 debt to the MacFarlanes. This episode also marks the last video from the original recording sessions back in 2016, so from the next episode onward the game should look even nicer as I downsample the Xbox One X's native 4K output to 1080p for the recording and then upscale that back to 4K. Technology! :shepface:

Some notes about the episode itself: I noticed the one cow that seemed to get lost simply stayed behind and despawned, and I also stood right between two rattlesnakes (which can and will bite your horse and kill it) at one point during the mission.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

2016? man that is a long time to hold onto footage, then again I can understand with all the early missions and tutorial stuff

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I think the original plan was to start this LP right after the GTA4 LP in 2016, but then I never got around to doing it for various reasons and ended up doing nothing but SSLP stuff until this year.

I didn't scrap the footage because I also had these first few episodes already edited and I'd only need to record commentary when I finally got around to doing the LP.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Doc M posted:

I think the original plan was to start this LP right after the GTA4 LP in 2016, but then I never got around to doing it for various reasons and ended up doing nothing but SSLP stuff until this year.
Did you ever ask baldurk to archive your Jade Empire LP?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Xander77 posted:

Did you ever ask baldurk to archive your Jade Empire LP?
Ah! I should probably get around to that at some point. :v:

e: Just sent in the archival request for Jade Empire as well as the Saturn port of Resident Evil. :toot: The other LP I've finished, which of course is GTA4, is still not getting archived because frankly I'm not sure I want people to watch that at this point.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 17, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Wow. Bonnie really loving flipped on her opinion of John in like... 0 seconds.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Wow. Bonnie really loving flipped on her opinion of John in like... 0 seconds.
Yeah, that sort of thing happens in the game a few times and it's really weird and abrupt. "You know, John Marston, you're pretty great!" *five seconds later* "gently caress YOU JOHN MARSTON YOU ARE THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD" *another five seconds later* "Well never mind, let's get on with this mission then!"

At least in this case you can kinda understand Bonnie lashing out at John because she's had a really bad day.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Episode 7: Stranger Things

And we're back. Today, we're taking a short break from the main story to try and help a few of the more... interesting individuals inhabiting Red Dead Redemption's old west. That old man seemed alright at least, we'll meet up with him and his wife in a later episode once we have all those flowers for their anniversary.

My efforts to get poor Jenny back to civilization might have gone just a tad less smoothly than intended (speaking of which, maybe we shouldn't have judged that kidnapper in Thieves' Landing quite so harshly, he might just have been trying to help the lady :pseudo:), but at least I didn't accidentally kill her with the lasso like Organic Robot somehow managed in his LP many years ago. I think that might even have been the last episode he did before his computer melted. (edit: Now that I think of it, did that bit of unfortunate lassoing happen in OR's LP or in the later one by Belgaer? It's been a long time...)

This is of course the first episode I've recorded on the Xbox One X, and the massive jump in image quality should be apparent even though I don't have the means to record at true native 4K.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 20, 2019

divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011
Holy crap - it's been years since I played the first game, but I did not realize that the events that kicked off the sequel, with Dutch murdering a girl on the ferry, were referenced way back in this game. That's kind of wild.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
And there we see the difference between Thieves Landing and the rest of the map. Somebody lassos a girl and drags her off most places gets a county wide bounty/manhunt, do it in Thieves Landing and it’s another Tuesday :D.

divedivedive posted:

Holy crap - it's been years since I played the first game, but I did not realize that the events that kicked off the sequel, with Dutch murdering a girl on the ferry, were referenced way back in this game. That's kind of wild.

Honestly given how popular that “I Remember You” quest was it’d be a miracle if they HAD failed to reference that in the prequel. Though sometimes I think part of the reason that quest was so popular was because it was one of the few that did not involve a crazy person. Seriously just watch, the guy wanting flowers probably is giving them to a girl tied up in the basement - (“It puts the flowers on its skin!”). Then again he’s near Thieves Landing so maybe that would be normal behavior for the region. Red Dead Redemption teaches us the Old West was a looney asylum.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MadDogMike posted:

Seriously just watch, the guy wanting flowers probably is giving them to a girl tied up in the basement - (“It puts the flowers on its skin!”).

I get the feeling we're dealing more with a Norman Bates situation with that guy, as in she's a skeleton sitting in a rocking chair. Feels like they telegraphed that a bit too heavily.
I mean if the Old Lady one had a dead husband then why not the reverse?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

MadDogMike posted:

Red Dead Redemption teaches us the Old West was a looney asylum.

makes sense, a lot of these homesteaders are out on their own, have to rely on themselves to survive in a not-so-hospitable place (what with bandits and the environment), and need to figure out how to cope in order to survive. Jenny is just naive and bound to be carried off by some creeper and either get brutally murdered, or become an old west sex slave :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

I get the feeling we're dealing more with a Norman Bates situation with that guy, as in she's a skeleton sitting in a rocking chair. Feels like they telegraphed that a bit too heavily.
I mean if the Old Lady one had a dead husband then why not the reverse?

Yeah that's exactly the vibe I got off of it. I mean I have played this game before and might well have done this mission but it's been so long I've forgotten. But yeah everyone's a nutcase, amoral or both. Except for Bonnie of course.