Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
she's 2000% Misato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Erpy posted:

- If you like making horse-talk innuendos, keep talking to Lambert (the riding club captain) throughout the game. It doesn't take long to conclude that that guy is probably waaaay too much into his horse.

I knew it. Thank you.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Also good news, I've re-finished Lightning Returns, so I'll stop comparing everything to it in videos.

The bad news is I just installed Disgaea 2 and Cyberdimension Neptunia though. Look forward to that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Wow, you really sound like you hate Blade because you wanted to hate it. Is there an actual reason you don't like it? I personally found it to be an enjoyable diversion.

While I cannot speak for my co-host, I feel I can sum up a very similar mindset with the example of Gwent, in the Witcher games. It's not required, but it's got just enough mechanics tied into it that you feel obliged to do it and if you're not into the base concept, but suddenly have to do this irritating busywork to unlock quests/social scenes/whatever, you go from "Well, maybe sometimes" to "gently caress OFF with this GAME god drat" real quick.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Level 1 Thief posted:

This episode is brought to you by Lunaria Nature Park. Lunaria Nature Park: Get Lost.

This joke is how you know he writes these taglines, because if we were gonna do a "brought to you by" joke for this episode, I would have run instantly to the obvious joke: the Bird Box challenge

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That was a good choice of music. A word of warning though, it may not be a good idea to look up Cold Steel music, there could be spoilers in either the title or images for certain things. If you want, I could find you some good choices of light reading music which are spoiler-free and pass those along.

Don't worry, I've got this covered since I already bought the album. :v:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

NGDBSS posted:

At some point you two need to start archiving all your crazy speculation to see how wildly off track most of it gets. And to see which parts actually landed by blind chance.

Good news, there's some of that poo poo in the video we just recorded!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Get ready to hear me start referring to all sorts of other freak-on-a-leash JRPGs than just "hey so Lightning Returns" over and over!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- The hidden quest on this field study is way out of the way. Most people miss it, and I can’t really blame them.

Do me a favor and PM me info on this and I'll see if we can't cover it, if our recordings aren't ahead of this already.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
We're gaining on it, but we were told in time. I was given a nice hint of when I should start looking these up in future.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- Interesting comparison between Machias and (FF13’s) Hope. Keep that in the back of your mind for much later.

You do realize you've opened a horrible pandora's box by telling this to the dude who drove most of a podcast about the FF13s, right?

(They're not good.)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

I didn't really know that about Wing. On the one hand complete immunity to status effects is nice, on the other hand, you would need to be using Wing forEVER to max it out. MQ's take a long time to level up from 1 to 5.

Clearly it'll be worth it when we transfer our gear via saves to CS2, though.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Boy I wish literally any of that cool advice extended to Sky.

My phone keeps trying to correct that title to "Trails in the Ska" and I think that means it's haunted.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Cool, thanks, I'll abuse this to further snap the game over my knee. It's been a week of accidentally breaking every game I touch. Did you know Stardew Valley crashes if your stamina goes over 5 digits?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Erpy posted:

If you made it past the half-way point FC, you actually HAVE met the weird guy before. You just didn't know it was him.

For the record, as of this moment, he's finished all three Sky games, and I'm in chapter one (apparently still the prologue according to my save? I have been grinding too much) of the first but was told to wait for a little so something he suspects is coming isn't spoiled for me.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Level 1 Thief posted:

It's not a spoiler exactly (actually if anything it's more likely to spoil Sky than the other way around) but I want to capture the purity of a first experience on recording.

I feel like I need to point out that I have spent an absolutely shameful amount of time grinding while I avoid progressing the plot. So much so that I'm censoring this screenshot.

I'll bet nobody is surprised to learn I've opened everyone's slots. (Or that this is not 100% serious.)

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 1, 2019

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Level 1 Thief posted:

Speaking of which, the next one isn't going to be until next weekend at the earliest. Fletcher's in the middle of moving and our schedules just aren't going to mesh well for a little while.

We remedied this. I hope you like monkey's paws.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Level 1 Thief posted:

you could have teased the good video and not the awful one but that's a choice i guess

99% of them are good! Why tease the consistent parts when you can go "hope you like table flips"?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Look, as one of the blind people here, all I can add to balance chat is this: I play Warframe, and nobody in Cold Steel sucks like Vauban or a pre-rework Wukong. This game is fair.

Also gently caress Vauban. Beefeater motherfucker.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- Aida? What's that a reference to? All I can think of is Aida Wong from Resident Evil, but that's probably not it.

This joker.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Hwurmp posted:

Ah yes, that one, as in singular, bad Vita game with the questionable touching

There's a reason you hear me go NOPE loudly as the search goes on

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- And you called the OTHER team "Team International Incident." :allears:

To be fair, we don't know that something those other idiots did didn't kick off the war and spill it over onto our boys and girls.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I agree but it's a pity the dungeon is a five foot long tunnel

I imagine it was hilarious for everyone who played this before as we get one fight in and realize that exact thing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Level 1 Thief posted:

I can't speak for Fletcher, but...

Yeah, I don't know poo poo about poo poo, which is why the inevitable yin to this LP's yang is when I run David through Unlimited Saga and my fluent Kawazu comes out.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- "I'm the one who didn't realize a character had a bust until a cutscene called it out." Is that a reference to Persona 4?

Nah, it was me making fun of myself for legit not noticing Emma was curvy until the event with Rean highlighted it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- Huh, you're right, he was called "President". I never noticed that mistake until now.

One of my side jobs is freelance editor, and if I did not catch a mistake like that, I would be a very piss-poor freelance editor.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Cyouni posted:

I'm curious as to exactly what you think is going on re: intention of Class VII.

They're 100% bracers under a different name.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Ohhhhhhh, we're all talking about Elise and not Alisa. This explains the negativity.

In my defense I'm only pouring my first coffee of the day right now.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Veryslightlymad posted:

~ Thank you for the Gelato bit. I had a right giggle fit. I also had to pause the video to get ice cream.

Yeah, so did I.

Veryslightlymad posted:

~ Scud Ripper is really good. Its chances of either KO or Faint aren't very high, but they're probably the two best status in the game, and a surprising amount of bosses can be fainted. Remember, every hit against a fainted enemy (including combination hits) is a critical hit, and unlike "Asleep" or "nightmare", a fainted enemy won't wake up from being hit. You can pile a lot of damage onto enemies this way.

~ And Laura also gets a faint ability here, which faints at the same amount, and you'd think it would be just as good, but somehow, it's just not. Although, the other feature of her attack makes it pretty great in some circumstances.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I am still no-foolin' mad days later.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Level 1 Thief posted:

Certain people who shall remain nameless would probably try it.

This is not even a joke, my lunch today is a salmon salad and a can of cold brew.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Veryslightlymad posted:

~ How in the world have neither of you ever seen a kebab/shawarma/gyro spit before?

I definitely have, there was a great Greek place near my old office which depressingly became a Buffalo Wild Wings when we moved. But that's not as fun as riffing on the meat tower unmoving.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Also as a bonus, when you hear us discuss something exceedingly cursed mid-video, please enjoy at your own pace.

Maybe turn down your headphones first.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I just want to point out I'm 4 hours into a podcast recording about Shadow Hearts right now that WILL NOT END and I will never mock the Old Schoolhouse energy again, this is the most miserable mic'd JRPG event of my life.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- I don't think anyone hits 10,000 HP in this game.
When I'm no longer held back from doing my own broken run of this, I'm taking this as a build challenge.

- The "again" was the best part of "I got coffee in my hair again."
I started tying it up for recordings with the other person who caused this, I just didn't expect it on this one!

- No, 50 Mira has never really been worth anything. You could buy half a newspaper, or a handful of ingredients. At most, 12 Milled Flour/Kibbled Salt in the Sky games. Here you can get 5 ingredients at most.

fun fact: this was my job for years

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Veryslightlymad posted:

~ You can't beat Victor. You can knock him down to half-way, and then he'll S-break you and hit you for 50,000 damage (Actually, it's set at 49,999). He's unbeatable in a completely different way than C and Sara were.

That owns and is just such a perfect flex.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Veryslightlymad posted:

I've never thought to test and use Adamantium Shield before getting him to that point, but I strongly suspect that after blocking it, he'll act immediately and do it again. My reasoning is there's a boss in CS2 that does this exact thing. THAT fucker actually S-crafted me 4 times in a row, once.

We call that the Mot Effect.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm actually shocked you didn't leave in the Alf adventure game digression, which makes me wonder if that has been un-scrapped in another video.

He's really not kidding about how much I've been Alfing it up lately.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- You missed talking to someone near the lakeshore.

Hwurmp posted:

e: I don't know if this is welcome news but I think you guys walked right past a hidden quest after you agreed to stop worrying about them

Good news: directly after we stopped recording I dropped the pretense and went "I KNOW THERE'S A HIDDEN QUEST HERE" and we found the person we both skimmed over on the map and walked past twice. It'll be in the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

The people need to know about this meta masterpiece.