Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fantastic Foreskin

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

:toxx: I will get banned for this post.

I just don't have the time to be lurking on the forums. Thanks for helping me buy a bike that one time, BYOB.

(Also, is :banme: just like, gone or something?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
maybe just stick around

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
can you even do banme requests on byob?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

can you even do banme requests on byob?

i don't think so without the proper thread tag, like any other forum yeah, poster needs to stick around

joke_explainer

What a clever logic loop you've locked the moderator in! Unfortunately, our main moderator is immune to such manipulation and would just narrow her eyes with the sneer of cold command and ignore you. I'd recommend just not doing this. If the website is giving you problems, just stop visiting it for a while. You don't need to spend someone else's time to make you do that. If you depend on everyone else moderating your behavior every time you are acting in a way you feel uncomfortable with, eventually you could get into some pretty terrible situations.

FactsAreUseless

There's no dilemma, OP. Just walk through the logic. You would get banned for the post, but not banned a second time for the toxx.

Farecoal

There he go
how many mods could a mod mod mod, if a mod could mod mods

FactsAreUseless

Farecoal posted:

how many mods could a mod mod mod, if a mod could mod mods
Mods can't mod mods, only admins can mod mods.

Over There

by Azathoth
So either you get banned for this thread or you get banned for the toxx. Sound logic I suppose.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'm curious about the bike that magical that byob built for the op and would like to see a picture

wearing a lampshade

Post the bike

alnilam

albany academy posted:

Post the bike

ty manifisto

google THIS

Posting a banme in BYOB is like trying to kill yourself with one of those cartoon guns that have a "BANG!" flag inside.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
possible image of the bike in question:

op can you confirm/deny that this is the bike that byob crowd sourced for you?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

Posting a banme in BYOB is like trying to kill yourself with one of those cartoon guns that have a "BANG!" flag inside.

Dungeon Ecology

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's no dilemma, OP. Just walk through the logic. You would get banned for the post, but not banned a second time for the toxx.

but what if, while both bans are on the stack, i pay :20bux:?

MockingQuantum

if you're not careful you can end up with the very rare and secret "doubleban"

when doublebanned, you actually have to pay :10bux: as well as post for a month on another forum besides SA. but you don't get to pick the forum, it's drawn out of a hat, and if it's a forum about a subject matter with which you're familiar, you're legally obliged to fess up and redraw. during your month, you must cultivate a well-liked and believable posting persona, to the best of your abilities

some say it's worse than a permaprobe, their thousand-yard stare affixed on something none of the rest of us can see, as they mumble "you don't know man, you weren't there"

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

google THIS posted:

But that is actually possible. You can choke on the flag if you aim in your mouth. I assume that's why people on TV always do that, in case it's a flag or t-shirt gun.

FluffieDuckie

joke_explainer posted:

What a clever logic loop you've locked the moderator in! Unfortunately, our main moderator is immune to such manipulation and would just narrow her eyes with the sneer of cold command and ignore you.

This is literally what just happened

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

also:

albany academy posted:

Post the bike

FactsAreUseless

Dungeon Ecology posted:

but what if, while both bans are on the stack, i pay :20bux:?
Pay it to who?

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Pay it forward

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I want the bike provided it's a good bike

kalel

post the danged bike you fool

e: is there such a thing as an inverse ban where someone who wouldn't normally post is then compelled to post?

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

e: is there such a thing as an inverse ban where someone who wouldn't normally post is then compelled to post?

Moderator challenge.

sig by owlhawk911

kalel

pixaal posted:

Moderator challenge.

👌 Sweet

FluffieDuckie

ok this your mod challenge:

post the bike

(and a cat)

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok this your mod challenge:

post the bike

(and a cat)

this is now a double mod challenge, which is extremely powerful

ty manifisto

FluffieDuckie

So that’s a total of 2 bikes and 2 cats you owe us

kalel

ohhhh shhhhhhhhhhucks

google THIS

Better watch out for that 100% daily interest too. Take it from me, it gets really tough past the 256 mark. I'm just lucky there was a bike-a-thon and a cat owner's convention in my town on the same weekend.

HornyBoy123
lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i voted this thread a 5 bc there will soon be a bike and cat post

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

What a glorious mount.

Twenty Four

Luvcow posted:

possible image of the bike in question:

op can you confirm/deny that this is the bike that byob crowd sourced for you?

If I saw someone riding this bike in the current year, I would genuinely be impressed.

This one would worry me, and for more reasons then the safety of the hammock cat.

wearing a lampshade

Has the bike been posted yet

TheDestructinator
banh mi, more like ban me. someone please ban me i spend too much time on this dumbass forum.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

TheDestructinator posted:

banh mi, more like ban me. someone please ban me i spend too much time on this dumbass forum.

[USER WAS BLAND FOR THIS POST]

What's your favorite soup?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Splatmaster posted:

[USER WAS BLAND FOR THIS POST]

lol

• Locked thread