Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Oh, seems there's a reason Draga didn't read the fourth wall in the crypt.

It seems that the preview before picking a path is surprisingly direct. Do Ratika's path and kill Indrik, don't redo Draga's path without a way to break a Seal of Rodentia, it makes little sense to show Ludomir the Omensight.

So of course we're going with Ludomir now :)

I'm guessing the preview is a thing because the investigation is set to guided. Without that, the game wouldn't spell things out to quite the same level and you'd need to make those connections yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

Torrannor posted:

He's quite a bit stronger than he was in the fight against Ludomir. That's your first death this playthrough!

Not much new information to be had. If deathless Ratika hadn't advised the Harbinger to flee because "You, Voden must never see", then I would suspect her of being complicit in the void conspiracy.

Ratika seems to feel guilty about something, she might have unintentionally helped cause Vera's death. Or rather, she might think she has. Most likely, the next omen will be about what happened between those two and will be used to send people Ratika's way to forcefully investigate her.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
A big point to remember, Indrik became the firebird because that's apparently the only way to control Kladen. Maybe Ratika grabbing it like she did was a very very bad move. Beyond that, though, finding out what caused Vera to die was only ever half of the puzzle, her -soul- is the important thing to find and that's still completely unknown.

NHO posted:

I just want to point out that stabby part of Kladen is same color as Firebird, while handly part - as Deathless. Also, great big statue of previous Harbringer handles it. Are the both needed?

That's a good point, the Harbinger might be the only other living person that -can- safely wield Kladen.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

Torrannor posted:

It seems we can say with certainty that neither Indrik, nor Draga or Ludomir belong to those who want to bring back Voden. Ratika is apparently involved with them, but I don't think she knew their full intentions when she helped them/worked with them.

Apparently, Ratika did stab Vera out of her own volition. But she says she panicked, so it wasn't premeditated.

Yet Vera survived. Someone apparently dressed her wounds. And the most likely people able to do that would be the void cultists. It's clear that it's a secret society consisting of both Rodentians and Pygarians, as we see when Indrik's own soldiers attack him.

And even the Godless Priestess becomes more suspect with each repeat of the last day. What exactly was her involvement with the void cultists? Something's not right here at all. Perhaps she was just used by them. Or she voluntarily worked with them. Did Vera know their goals?

Also, what wiped out Vera's birth family? That disaster has not yet been fully explained.

And Ratika's memory that we got in this episode is super disturbing. I guess that's the work of the void cultists as well? No wonder she was willing to go to extreme lengths to fight against Pygaria.

By the way, there was this one void seal up the stars after that Rodentian seal, it would sure be nice if Indrik could have blasted this open, as he did with the Rodentian seal in front of the vault.

The void cult is clearly a mix of Pygarians and Rodentians, that memory makes me think that was secret indoctrination and training of the Rodentian arm of the cult from Pygarian soldiers. I'd have to rewatch the videos but there's likely other people that say things that sounds weird if you think about it, like those soldiers referring to the ciphers as friends. I expect the bunch of Rodentians that expected Ludomir to die (and attacked at the end of that one day) were cultists too. As for Vera's survival, I think it may be a case that the cultists saved her life only so they could move her to somewhere more convenient for her to die at, so they could seal up her soul. They probably took the sword at the same time.

As for breaking the seal, Indrik has made it clear that he won't allow the Harbinger to order him around, so unless he wants to go in there, he never will.