Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
May I play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

fine, i'll play.

huzzah!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Asiina

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

third vote scum vote

##vote bee movie

bminus would you do such a thing?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

at this point it seems inevitable, and I'd like to leave my vote before heading to sleep for the night.

##vote toalpaz

haha you had one vote on you in a game where everyone is voting everyone for no apparent reason. Why give up so soon?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I laughed, mission accomplished.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Honestly, I forgot you were you because it was late at night, and was thinking it might have just been a Mills-style test to see who would jump on a bandwagon.

Also, good morning. How did everyone sleep?

other than the nightly ritual of my cat waking me up way too early in the morning so I can kick her out my room and return to bed for like an hour before i have to get up anway, pretty good, you?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

hal and db, take it to scumchat

no u

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Its a slow day so I thought I'd pick out some posts that pinged me.

First of all, Asiina refers here to herself. Beginning a sentence with the letter I, coincidentally, or not, also signifying the word I. This kind of duplicitous and ambiguous claims making is what scum thrive on.

Did? Did what? What did the letter I do? Or are you referring here to yourself. Well. Which is it?

Ah... now the meaning of this post becomes clear. Either the letter I or Asiina 'did' the call out? But to what end?

The embarrassing truth is revealed. I will do the play. 'I did the call out so I will do the play.' Of course. This is obviously a sentence from a town perspective. Of course, I'm being sarcastic here. The play in question that this unknown 'I' is doing, is a scum play. Can't wait to see who Asiina thinks this "I" person is.

This also struct me as interesting. So I'm breaking it down into it's component parts.

W. A consonant, great start to a word or sentence. Sounds like Wuh when spoken. Nothing inherently duplicitous.

a. A vowel. Or a word. Sounds like Aah or Eh when spoken. Odd number, but I personally think that the number used here by B- is appropriate.

We see here three zs. A consonant. Pronounced Zed but humorously as Zee in American English. Another odd number are used. A rather difficult letter to grasp and evaluate. However, I think this ultimately reads as town so far.

a. A vowel. Sounds like Aah or Eh when spoken. Thirteen instances of the letter. Odd once again. I like B-'s consistency and tone here. I'm feeling a soft odd doctor claim here at this point, as odd has been a running motif of the post. This may be seen as an excessive number of a's in a row, but I think this is to draw attention to the soft claim. Before anyone else counter claims here or says its poor play to draw out the soft claims of town power roles, I just want to say that this academic exercise would be compromised if I made those kinds of omissions in my thinking. In the interests of walking you through my reads in this game I'm going to be honest and plain in my reading.

p. A consonant. Sounds like puh or pff when spoken. Another odd number. There are three ps in a row, concluding B-'s statement. This post has a wonderful internal consistency that I think lends itself to being town.

This one also pinged me, like Asiina's.

Other. The only reason why I could think of DB using this word choice is because DB is intensely self aware of the other personality that DB is forced to hide from us. Scum.

You can see here the burden of being scum has forced DB to alleviate that pressure by hinting to his other nightly 'ritual' of doing the night kill.

The cat, is DB's dark personality, relegated to only 'waking' them up at night. The cat serves no purpose at day, even must be hidden. This metaphor allows DB's consciousness to be cleared while its meaning being lost on the masses. Not, however, I.

Having accomplished the vile act of murder, DB's cat, can however briefly let DB's personality enter the 'sleeping world'. The sleeping world is the world that DB is trying to present to us, the facade of town, while his true scum personality rests.

DB's grim work continues regardless, and the killing will go one until they're stopped or have murdered everybody else. Anway.

Ahn Wae.

What does it mean? Another symptom of DB's fractured personality coming to surface? Or breadcrumbing for some other nefarious purpose? Please respond to me DB on my Asiina case.

i love your case on me. your case on asiina is a joke

##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

:thunk: :stare:

##vote pmush

are you implying that pmush knows cpig is VT somehow?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
yeeeaahh....

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
pmush seems a bit defensive

maybe overly so

##vote PMush

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Dick Bastardly, the bad mean mafia player

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i didn't know we're calling scumbros "bitchfriends" now

how the times do change

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Dick Bastardly is my favorite mafia player

........to kill Day/Night 1!?

:colbert:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

We’re not gonna kill town don’t worry

killing is bad and wrong. it is badong.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

peramene posted:

deeply, deeply aroused

finally someone has a word that captures just how wrong and bad killing is

it is never too late to know about badong

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Votecount for Day 1

PMush Perfect (2): b-minus1, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, b-minus1, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly
b-minus1 (1): CapitalistPig, Asiina, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): b-minus1, Toalpaz, b-minus1
Toalpaz (1): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, PMush Perfect
peramene (0): Asiina, Asiina
Dick Bastardly (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Asiina (0): Dick Bastardly, peramene, b-minus1, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, peramene

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, flerp, peramene, PMush Perfect

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 21st, 2018 at 10 p.m. CST -- that's in about 8 hours, 32 minutes.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
holy cow

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

##vote Toal because he loving deserves it

:thunk:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
im mean that post was just down right fucky, but that vote seems fucky to me as well :thunk:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
maybe it's pera and toal... hm..

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
oh wait kill page 5 :yeah:

good job pera

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Hal

lurking and known town b-minus was pinged by Hal.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

flerp posted:

are those your only reasons for voting?

flerp posted:

are those your only reasons for voting?

yes and yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fwiw i think asiina is town

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

lol im the black lady at the end

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rude, I was busy yesterday.

Pretty sure B- called at least half the game scummy why don't you go harass them

oh yeah AND ALL YOU OTHERS THAT BEENUS SAID ARE SCUMMY ARE TEH SCUm TOOOOOO :c00lbert:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don’t think you can presume DB knows this whole PMush backstory. I mean I didn’t know all that

I know very little about Pmush's personal stuff. As far as that relates to playing mafia, I am also unaware of any incidents or controversy involving pmush.

Pmush, if you read this, I have no ill will toward you, I really did think you looked a little rattled and thought it might've been a tell. Please continue to play maf games with me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I didn't read or see the maf discusso thread post before joining this game.

maybe I thought pmush looked defensive because I lacked the meta context, i don't know

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
pera, what's your opinion on flerp at this point?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
my availability from now till deadline is spotty.

I think asiina is town.

I feel better about Hal.

lean town on flerp.

sort of null on toal

not sure how if feel about cpig or pera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

• Locked thread