Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

The Dennis System posted:

I call him Cliffy B.

hell - same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
More like Cliffy Beamusement Park.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh no the guy who invented Cliff bars made videogames!? Brand ruined.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cliffy

needs to

B

in some other industry because his games aren't very good!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

The Dennis System posted:

More like Cliffy Beamusement Park.

way down in potomac within maryland
up in the office parks among the suits and brands
was a little city office made of steel and wood
where lived a fratty boy named Cliffy B Goode
he never learned to read or tweet so well
but he could code up a game just like ringing a bell

go! go!
go cliffy go!
[repeat 5x]

Cliffy B Goode

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Cliffy B, best known for sleeper smash hit passion project Radical Heights.

Come on Cliffy, just because you might get laughed out of the venture capital meeting doesn't mean you shouldn't give it another go!

Next time you can make your game all wire frame to save costs and claim its artistic or something.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can I just say I liked Gears of War but Gears of War 2 was the biggest piece of poo poo I ever played

Every 5 minutes it rips your guns you were saving away to give you a loving chainblade for a QTE, most of the things you do literally don't matter (I don't mean in a philosophical sense, I mean shooting enemies that are actually no threat to you because they're practically just cutscene fodder) and the story went from stupid simple action movie to loving convoluted trainwreck

Also after an on-rails sequence you literally can't lose on the hardest difficulty the final loving boss was your vehicle 5 minutes ago. Yes, the big end boss of the game was your goddamn ride.

In conclusion Gears of War 2 was a wet fart.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine if GTA San Andreas finished in a climactic boss battle with the bicycle you start the game with.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
cliffy b should give me his money to make a game IT WOULD BE GREAT

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DancingShade posted:

Imagine if GTA San Andreas finished in a climactic boss battle with the bicycle you start the game with.

This sounds like an improvement.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

He did work on Unreal and UT and participated in JeffK's Smarty Man Game Designer Survivor, so he has a place in my heart

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Cliffy B has such a shitass personality it’s a wonder he ever made anything good

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Can I just say I liked Gears of War but Gears of War 2 was the biggest piece of poo poo I ever played

Every 5 minutes it rips your guns you were saving away to give you a loving chainblade for a QTE, most of the things you do literally don't matter (I don't mean in a philosophical sense, I mean shooting enemies that are actually no threat to you because they're practically just cutscene fodder) and the story went from stupid simple action movie to loving convoluted trainwreck

Also after an on-rails sequence you literally can't lose on the hardest difficulty the final loving boss was your vehicle 5 minutes ago. Yes, the big end boss of the game was your goddamn ride.

lol if you play singleplayer.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hell Yeah posted:

Call of duty dev spotted.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Quoting for some prime Cliffy B action.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah I thought the thread would be about Cliff Yablonski too. Disappointed. I read the Cliff Yablonski pages for years before I realised these forums existed on the same domain.
https://www.somethingawful.com/cliff-yablonski/i-hate-you-01

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
This kinda reminds me of Phil Fish except if Fez was terrible.

Note, I never played Fez. Was it terrible?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

He quit the games industry so he could spend more time with 17 year old girlfriends.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Goodguy3 posted:

It's good, unique platforming gimmick for that time it came out. Now theres zillions of flash clones.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hell Yeah posted:

DancingShade posted:

Call of duty dev spotted.

I’m one of the 9 people on the planet who plays Call of Duty games only for the singleplayer and couldn’t give a poo poo about the multiplayer.

That’s right, fight me. :colbert:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is the first CoD game I won’t be buying in, like, a decade.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Haha, wow. I love this kind of stuff where it comes out publicly that outspoken, "tough" strongman business dudes are exactly as hypocritical, amoral, and gross as you expect them to be.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

i would but it's impossible to 1v1 in a single player game hope this helps.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://www.somethingawful.com/feature-articles/what-cliffy-bud/

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Unreal had a handful of nice setpieces, a cool tracker-based soundtrack, and some of the most tepid gunplay I've ever experienced in an FPS.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Kuato posted:

Too bad op won’t do everyone a favor and never make a post or thread again. :smuggo:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

I’m one of the 9 people on the planet who plays Call of Duty games only for the singleplayer and couldn’t give a poo poo about the multiplayer.

How? Can't find you in multi.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
heres an image i made after me and a friend played radical heights together

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Putty posted:

heres an image i made after me and a friend played radical heights together

Heh

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hell Yeah posted:

i would but it's impossible to 1v1 in a single player game hope this helps.

Sounds like I win by default. :smug:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Jazz Jackrabbit sucks

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I used to troll him all over Neogaf a long time ago because I could.

I feel bad because dude had good intentions and wasn't really a malicious rear end in a top hat. I enjoyed Unreal and was happy to see competition to Doom and Quake.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
UT 2003/4 ruled

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Goodguy3 posted:

haha phil fish, there's a name i haven't heard in a long time

i'm shocked he hasn't gone and shot up his local post office or something yet. dude has some serious screws loose

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Sounds like I win by default. :smug:

you can't win if you don't play. -Wayne Gretzky

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Gears of War is game design cancer.

"Let's make the same 1 button do everything, hurrr" "Oh, you wanted to start running when you were close to a wall? gently caress you! Welcome to crouch town, dummy!"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Gears of War was a lovely, on-rails gray/brown cover shooter with bullet-sponge enemies, but it sold well because there was basically nothing else to play on the 360 in 2006 and the entire industry took that as a cue to spend the next 5 years making boring gray/brown cover shooters.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Blazing Ownager posted:

Just lol if you play Gears 2 and 3 for anything but Horde/beast mode.

Judgement was actually really fun (and post Cliff).

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Horde mode on 3 was fun. 4 seemed like a bunch of robots in horde mode and was lame.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Haha, wow. I love this kind of stuff where it comes out publicly that outspoken, "tough" strongman business dudes are exactly as hypocritical, amoral, and gross as you expect them to be.

i mean the bar isnt high but at least he didnt brad mcquaid them and sell the property to his old boss take his golden parachute and flip everyone the bird as they were fired in the parkinglot. 3weeks severence is better then 0 weeks severence.

Cliffy B paying people is an A + move in my book but he is still a garbage human being

edit: just realised im praising him for doing his job as a boss. state of the loving world dude.

snergle fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the problem is he was trying to take credit for paying them for months when he only paid them for weeks. a bullshit move by a bullshit person imo