Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Coolguye posted:

The writing is indeed really on point. The Subdomina of the Skitarii is the best because she is the queen of quiet snark.

I love Scaevolla and Videx constantly making GBS threads on each other. Scaevolla in particular, she's just such a cheerfully unapologetic sociopath who doesn't give a single gently caress about anything other than aquiring technology and knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

inscrutable horse posted:

Granted, I've only played a handful of missions because my laptop sucks, but the time limit seems pretty generous. And if worse comes to worst, it looks like the doomsday counter is easily edited through the save-file.

You should be cautious about that, though, because the doomsday counter also regulates what missions are avaiable, so you can deadlock yourself by overdoing it.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Look at these two Skitarii. They've achieved peak bullying:

The Immortal can't attack when it's at melee distance. Every time one of the two has a turn, he takes a step back, shoots it in the face and then moves back into the blocking square again. :allears:

Gauss Immortals are a bad surprise the first time you meet them, though. Just the sheer toughness and damage output you're faced with when you're up against a group of them can get pretty horrifying.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Flamethrowers make me happy - I don't care that it costs 4 CP to use.

Secutor at full tree plus a Kastellan is just all kinds of :flame: hilarity. The Reinforcement ability means you can bring in the Kastellan for one measly CP and drop it anywhere on the map. And then you can buff it up with the Secutors servo-skull, Command and potentially a Cortex Canister for some serious BBQ time. If brought in this way, it will always take its turn right after the Secutor, too.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, if you think the Solar laser is stupid OP, you gotta try the Techpriest version of the Torsion Cannon.

:magical:

Yeah, uh, I might refrain from using this thing from now on. Because holy poo poo, this is just stupid even by the low-difficulty standards of this game. And because you can't even use it on smaller maps without blowing up your own team - I can't target the Necron on the left in this picture without everyone across the chasm getting friendly-fired. :v: