Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Today Alex Smith broke his leg 33 years to the day after Joe smashed his. They were playing for the same team. RG3 also broke his leg badly while playing for the Redskins. It seems that the Redskins, as an organization, have something against functioning legs. As well as First Nations people and their own fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvrBX87uzEA

This is a violent game and week by week people are putting their livelihoods on the line for a game with very few guaranteed contracts. Right now Earl Thomas is working at Walgreens because he didn't have the balls of Bell, and that's just how it is.

I think it's worthwhile to remember what's at stake in this game we call Football as well as remembering that watching people hurt themselves can be stimulating and life affirming in ways that would only make sense to our primate brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!
I am glad that the Redskins are hosed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

I am glad that the Redskins are hosed.

On one hand, this prevents Washington from being in the most unwatchable playoff game on wildcard weekend.

On the other hand, this means the Cowboys will be playing in the prime time slot on Sunday of Wildcard weekend.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Oh, my dear Alex. You spent so many years being terrible for my team, but then Harbaugh fixed the world for you. On an otherwise great team, you were almost good enough. He showed you the door at his first excuse, and I knew it was the right decision — but I never forgot you, and every time you flashed one of your great games for Kansas City, I remembered those times you shone for us, and I was happy for you. For me it was always that one night in Candlestick against the Saints.

Farewell, sweet prince. Please just retire.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What if Kaepernick paid JJ Watt to make that hit?

I'll stay on and listen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

like jj would do anything remotely woke

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

As a Browns fan I look forward to watching Colt McCoy play again. I hope he can somehow get the Redskins into the playoffs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
mother fucker i don't know what i expected when i clicked this thread

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
maybe desecrating a million dead natives curses you somehow eh whatever how bout dem cowboys!

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Good news for Alex, there is a cure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXAw7zfuCVk&t=46s

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Real live reenactment of what Alex Smith's foot did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKuRT1qEJWE&t=237s

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When I hit the green turf, you know I'm doin' the Stanky Legg

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
McGahee's injury still gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Also Napoleon Kaufman...

:barf:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

Also Napoleon Kaufman...

Don't ever look up Napoleon McCallum

e: quoted before your edit, but yeah it's McCallum

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 19, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation

Also Napoleon Kaufman...

johnny knox is still the only thing I can't watch.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

Don't ever look up Napoleon McCallum

I think that is actually who I meant. Was he the former Raider whose leg snapped in half?

e:

Just saw your edit. Yeah...that's the one I was thinking of!

FizFashizzle posted:

johnny knox is still the only thing I can't watch.

Yeah, that is a good one too. I remember seeing that live and thinking he died on the field.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think that is actually who I meant. Was he the former Raider whose leg snapped in half?

Yeah and for whatever reason I don't remember seeing his name in your post, did you edit him in? Or am I just blind?

Also that Alabama WR, Prothro I think

e: This one was bad and resulted in a lawsuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcqVloclNNI&t=36s

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

Yeah and for whatever reason I don't remember seeing his name in your post, did you edit him in? Or am I just blind?

Also that Alabama WR, Prothro I think

I didn't edit. There was a Napoleon Kaufman tho...apparently also a Raider which is adding to the confusion for me lol

Was that Alabama WR the one who ran knee first into the cart?

I am asking a lot of questions because gently caress googling that poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No the Houston WR was the one who ran into the cart, Prothro was a straight up jumpball in the endzone into a leg break

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

No the Houston WR was the one who ran into the cart, Prothro was a straight up jumpball in the endzone into a leg break

I don't know if I've seen that one. Reminds me of Zach Miller's injury though that nearly cost him his life and leg :stare:

I also remember seeing Ed McAffrey's shin snap in half on (iirc) a MNF game against the Raiders way back when.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ellis Hobbs with bonus Collinsworth being a dickhead commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7gTRT8_0qI

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
Ellis Hobbs was such a good return man.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Napoleon Kaufman always makes me cringe, but now thanks to this thread I witnessed the Johnny Knox injury. Th....that's not right.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I heard on some sports talk show that they both had 301 attempts when they got injured and were both on the 40 yard line when it happened. this is some Lincoln-Kennedy poo poo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm still amazed this was the outcome, it could have been so so so so much worse.

quote:

Knox required immediate surgery to stabilize an injured vertebra, but maintained sensation in all limbs following the incident.[7] Hargrove later personally apologized to Knox for his role in the injury.[8] The Bears placed Knox on injured reserve the following day.[9]

Knox started the 2012 NFL season on Chicago's 'physically unable-to-perform' (PUP) list.[9] He was unable to fully recover from the injury even after extensive rehabilitation and therapy.[10] After the injury, Knox walks with a limp and is unable to stand without discomfort.[11] The Bears released Knox on February 12, 2013.[12] He announced his retirement on February 13.[13]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Friends, I did a lot of studying and a lot of thinking and I must now share the results of my research with you.

This is the graph that most closely resembles Alex Smith's leg now. Thank you.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I can't watch any of this poo poo. I liked the graph though

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
They really do need to get rid of 90% of people on the sidelines, and certainly those right on the touch line should only be the coaching staff.

I don’t understand why there are so many people standing around down there on every side of the pitch - contrast to any European sport (soccer).

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

We have a new contestant!

https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1066092698501734400?s=19

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

We have a new contestant!

:stonk:

Jesus Christ

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

His leg looks like a halloween costume fake leg made out of stuffing a pillow into a tube.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP Victor Cruz

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation

Korranus posted:

McKinzie Milton is in emergency surgery to save his leg, he had arterial damage and a bunch of internal bleeding along with the knee break and shredding of all his ligaments.

Korranus posted:

Kinda stitched together from these two, I really hope for his sake that's overstating. My sister had a similar injury about ten years ago playing lacrosse, they did have to go in and fix arterial damage to stuff going to lower regions of the leg, like the ankle. Took her about 16 months to fully recover, and never played lacrosse again.

https://twitter.com/Ry_Bass/status/1066159393174142976

https://twitter.com/DrDeBerardino/status/1066115589440241665

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

My god that's awful. I hope they save his leg :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm the wide eyed kid saying "That's bad!" at the end

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

What, that didn't look so ba- HOLY SWEET JESUS!!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RIP tiny cool-rear end QB

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe UCF will now lose and can shut up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/JKepnerWFTV/status/1067495360493469696

The fact that he didn't have blood flow in his legs till now is :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/loglesbee/status/1081727742519980033