Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:siren:DEAR SANTEE:siren:

Read the greeting card first, then plug the device into hdmi and power. Do not connect it to your network. You may want a keyboard handy but plug it in after it boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

el dorito posted:

was it two packages, all books?

Oh dang, i thought you got them all today, you'll be getting one more thing soon according to UPS.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

el dorito posted:

:siren:DEAR SANTEE:siren:

Read the greeting card first, then plug the device into hdmi and power. Do not connect it to your network. You may want a keyboard handy but plug it in after it boots.
:stare:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Oh dang, i thought you got them all today, you'll be getting one more thing soon according to UPS.

We’ll do it live!!!

SWEET CYBER CULTURE BOOKS from Optimus_Rhyme!!!

I’m really gonna enjoy The Friendly Orange Glow... this kind of nonfiction is what I usually read. Shatter reminds me of the William Gibson books that I read before (I still have to pick up Snow Crash sometime!). And as a closet Trekkie and a fan of 90s X-Men, the crossover book is going to blow my mind.

Thank you very much Santa!

I’ll post again when the UPS package comes in.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

well, you can plug it into network but I think the power consumption should be kept to a minimal until the bare essentials are known working

I am assuming that the MAC doesn’t bother pulling power (or at least too much power) unless a link is detected

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
got an incoming tracking number and it's just a state away so i will be assembling the pieces of the doomsday device soon

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
someone got they gifts!
makes me exited for when my gifts arrive! cant weight for my gifts !!
🌲🎁

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I got my gift and haven't sent mine and now I feel bad

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
oh man, a package arrived at the local branch of YOSPOS MANUFACTURING CONCERN

There's treats inside!

There's so much good stuff in here!

There's a bunch of love!

honestly it's the best timing for all of this. Fiber is being pulled to my place tomorrow so I can finally migrate off of xfininitywifi. I've been loving around with using HomeBridge to duct-tape things to Siri so the 3-pack of ESP8266 devices from Dongguan xiangshang smart Technology Co.,Ltd can probably be made to work.

I'll figure something to do with that access point, don't you worry. Even if it's just to broadcast a network named '𓂺' as far as I can.

The soldering iron with a USB port on it says that you can load your own splash screen on but I gave up after about 45 minutes of trying to shove a 96x16 pixel BMP onto the thing. Can confirm it gets toasty tho.

I have a spare lovely TV that I'm now going to duct-tape to ADSBexchange with that fire stick so that I know what plane overhead is causing me sleep deprivation.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
lmao guess the white shipping pouch kinda gave up the ghost too soon.

BTW you have visited by the :iiam: ghost of yosmas past :iiam:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=467917644
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=468349956

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
what the

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

CrazyLittle posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=467917644
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=468349956

:ms:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Dear Achmed Jones,
Where Da Pics At? ;)

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

CrazyLittle posted:

I used that ubiquiti AP to make my parents' wifi at their house better, and that compute stick (which only runs 32-bit windows lol) I use as a steam link stick. I was traveling heavily for like 4 months so I would spin up an EC2 GPU instance and play Fallout 4 remotely thanks to that bad boy. I made colde brew with the beans.

it was a Goode gifte.

here's the inside of one of the gifts btw https://fccid.io/2AL65-XSSSA01/Internal-Photos/Internal-photos-3424613

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

el dorito posted:

I’ll post again when the UPS package comes in.

It’s here!

The books themselves were pretty rad, and these stickers make everything better

Gonna have to trick out my laptop with these now

I don’t have a personal smartcard reader but I’ll get my hands on one and try out the challenge. I’ll be listening to the music as I do it... it feels pretty chill, and they’re actually pretty local! Gonna have to make time to see them live if possible.

There is a separate page that has the components of the included letter. It’s the last thing that was not pictured, and I have an idea that I want to try as an alternative to simply taking a photo.

EDIT: I was so amazed by everything that I forgot to say Thanks again Santa!

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 13, 2018

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shatter really does have that MacPaint vibe, it’s an incredible example of how versatile that tool was. Games like Deja Vu, Scepters, and other MacVenture games had really good art.

Dunno if you’ve heard of it, but the 2018 game Return of the Obra Dinn makes it the entire aesthetic. Here’s a brief demonstration of the gameplay for those that are interested.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

el dorito posted:

Shatter really does have that MacPaint vibe, it’s an incredible example of how versatile that tool was. Games like Deja Vu, Scepters, and other MacVenture games had really good art.

Dunno if you’ve heard of it, but the 2018 game Return of the Obra Dinn makes it the entire aesthetic. Here’s a brief demonstration of the gameplay for those that are interested.

play in 5151 ofc

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Doc Block posted:

Dear Achmed Jones,
Where Da Pics At? ;)

I’ve got em, but I still wanna scrub all the metadata, and for that I’ll need to use a computer. but tomorrow I work from home so that’s my target (not a promise tho, work has a way of making me work :mad:)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

I’ve got em, but I still wanna scrub all the metadata, and for that I’ll need to use a computer. but tomorrow I work from home so that’s my target (not a promise tho, work has a way of making me work :mad:)

imgur scrubs Metadata

scrublord

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

throughout the year whenever i saw something sorta cool i'd buy it specifically for yosmas

it seems like a good idea and probably is

but there's this like psychological thing where it feels like im sort of just, like, sending off crap i have sitting around

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

syscall girl posted:

imgur scrubs Metadata

scrublord

oh for real? that’s great to know, thank you!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

oh for real? that’s great to know, thank you!

only question is do they keep it themselves

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

edit: all is ok, ignore this message

(the same way u ignore all my bad posts)

Samuel L. ACKSYN fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 14, 2018

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

el dorito posted:

It’s here!

The books themselves were pretty rad, and these stickers make everything better

Gonna have to trick out my laptop with these now

I don’t have a personal smartcard reader but I’ll get my hands on one and try out the challenge. I’ll be listening to the music as I do it... it feels pretty chill, and they’re actually pretty local! Gonna have to make time to see them live if possible.

There is a separate page that has the components of the included letter. It’s the last thing that was not pictured, and I have an idea that I want to try as an alternative to simply taking a photo.

EDIT: I was so amazed by everything that I forgot to say Thanks again Santa!

Yessssss.

Hope you enjoy it. Teenage me enjoyed that tng crossover.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
when what to my surprise

dem typefaces :allears:

precision wrapping feat. bb8 and others

this pic is a little shaky just thinking about a young mcafee and holding this, can't wait to open this up and experience "Huntertm Technology"

these people are so happy to compute, makes me think of the computer lab back in gradeschool with the big rainbow apple of the 80s

grapple makes me sad

elementary indeed ZAP

this is my speed

and for speeding up my computer in 5-minute!

i didn't do any more unboxening but i can assure y'all this is still in some kind of anti-static mummy bag ready to handle my larger data files

also santa didn't cheap out, the box checked on the side says it's the 384k one :sweatdrop:

muchos gracias santa baby! this stuff is sweet

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

my package is close :ohdearsass:

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

the one i sent got through customs today :o

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
good poo poo, op. nice to see things starting to arrive.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

el dorito posted:

my package is close :ohdearsass:

Santee, I left out part of one item sections of cardboard due to package dimensions but I can ship it separately. Go ahead and post the package contents and I’ll PM to coordinate the rest of the stuff.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

welp i guess ill ship soon, my diy project hasnt turned out so well.

turns out if u are bad at PCB design and bad at programming you shouldn't attempt a rush project that incorporates both.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i got the thing in the mail so i can ship

one thing i bought that is not compute but v yospos is odd shaped but i think it's worth the shipping cost associated

hopefully it can make up for all of my old computer junk being in storage

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
dude, yr not getting a dell :ohdear:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it wont be long until my gifts arrive !! !!
😘🎁

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
ordered a gift for santa from amazon and usps said it delivered it but they most certainly did not

loving poo poo

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i got amazon to send the item again but its guna push my shipping date farther back, sorry santee

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Doc Block is a very good Santa, and unboxing his gifts was quite the adventure!

The first thing I saw was a nice letter and a Cold Stone gift card for $2.45!

What riches! Who knows what other treasures could be inside!

After unboxing, we had some chips perfect for planet-hacking. I will be implanting them into my body and/or brain at once so that I can send a spike:

As promised, there's also some STUFF!

The stuff includes a toy rocket/dart launcher, a cell phone fan, some gum, and a travel water bowl.

Poodle Jones very much approves of his new travel bowl. It is much better than his previous one, which didn't hold near enough for a fluffmonster of his stature:

Toddler Jones is also quite fond of his new toy:

That's not all, though! There are also holiday libations:

Ms. Jones (not pictured) and I enjoyed them very much. I'm normally not into dark beers, but these changed my mind. A+ beer, would drink again!

So that's a pretty great Yosmas. But that's just the extra stuff. The main event:

A completely badass custom vaporwave dehumanize shirt! I love it and I love Doc Block.

Thanks from all of us, Doc!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
You're welcome! Glad you liked the shirt! :woop:

They make that beer right around the corner from me. I was worried it wouldn't arrive intact, glad to see the cans didn't get crushed or ruptured.

edit: Good doggo!

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

:eyepop:

• Locked thread