Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m glad I was able to liven up d2 with an obvious joke post. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

I don't think B- is scum, because yesterday it looked like B- would be the lunch, and they claimed VT and sounded annoyed/exasperated that they're the most likely target over thanksgiving weekend.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

REGGAE PARADE posted:

I don't think B- is scum, because yesterday it looked like B- would be the lunch, and they claimed VT and sounded annoyed/exasperated that they're the most likely target over thanksgiving weekend.

Uh, that’s not accurate at all. I repeatedly said that I was ok with being the d1 lunch. And I was being sarcastic in that post of mine you quoted. I thought that was obvious

This post + toal’s post/vote are pinging me hard right now :raise:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

REGGAE PARADE posted:

I don't understand how you can seriously play with a narrative like that. Trying to link a whole scum-team on Day 1.5 is just careless and lazy? :P

This is your case on KB? That KB voted you after Hal voted you?

that’s a fairly simplistic readign of what I’ve posted which is not what I’ve come to expect from Veteran mafia player REGGAE PArade.

Hal was voting me Yesterday which of itself is not alignment indicativw, early d1 votes don’t count for much. But then Hal tried to build pressure on me when he said “well who is scum if not you HawkE.

Then today KB said that Hal’s contemt didn’t contain much of value, which is an odd thing to say about a flipped scum who made Votes and reads, to wave away their posts like that,
and then the real crux of my case is not that kb voted me, but that the vote is allegedly because Hal’s vote on me was a bus, which it absolutely 100% was not.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yes, day 2, well known for being mafia joke phase.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Uh, that’s not accurate at all. I repeatedly said that I was ok with being the d1 lunch. And I was being sarcastic in that post of mine you quoted. I thought that was obvious

This post + toal’s post/vote are pinging me hard right now :raise:

You went from jokey to not:

b-minus1 posted:

Sounds like I STUMPED you :allbuttons:

b-minus1 posted:

I wish I was jester becuase I would kill you. This vote is scummy af

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t have to imagine. That’s what I just did.

This gameis dead rifgt now due to thanksgiving if you all wanna lynch me for shitposting then I’m fine with it. I’m vanilla town so it’s no big loss.

b-minus1 posted:

b-minus1 (4): SalTheBard, Max, Asiina, SalTheBard, chaoslord, King Burgundy,

SHAMEFUL

But I guess you're right and I'm wrong, that there's a reason your behavior around the deadline yesterday would have made me think you're townie? :P

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

that’s a fairly simplistic readign of what I’ve posted which is not what I’ve come to expect from Veteran mafia player REGGAE PArade.

Hal was voting me Yesterday which of itself is not alignment indicativw, early d1 votes don’t count for much. But then Hal tried to build pressure on me when he said “well who is scum if not you HawkE.

Then today KB said that Hal’s contemt didn’t contain much of value, which is an odd thing to say about a flipped scum who made Votes and reads, to wave away their posts like that,
and then the real crux of my case is not that kb voted me, but that the vote is allegedly because Hal’s vote on me was a bus, which it absolutely 100% was not.

Thank you for the clarification. To clarify my question: The most damning piece of evidence against KB is that they're misrepresenting a bussing situation, which according to you, from your perspective, it wasn't. But you can't see how KB might think that?

Also, I don't think Hal left much behind either. Either KB is waving Hal's posts or he's not. You're saying he is, but regarding Hal's content on you he's using Hal's posts?

It's all very circular reasoning...

I think KB is scummy, but I don't think he's scummy because he is trying to read a hard-to-read post history. Don't read this as me defending KB.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I’m glad I was able to liven up d2 with an obvious joke post. :getin:

##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
KB tends to be a blind spot for me. It's hard for me to look at him objectively, but I did think the hand waving of Hals posts was kind of strange, but I'm not sure if it's enough for me to go on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Will KB follow my vote?

##vote KB

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Toalpaz posted:

Okay I pressed reply when I saw CLord's new post.

Blah blah blah don't give people excuses or answer for them. (Ironic coming from me right?)

Faaaaaaaaaair, and the being busy stuff basically checks out.

But if you were going to policy vote anyone though wouldn't it be the literal scum claimer? I guess B- is confirmed town then. Being unfun to play with is worse than being a bad player though, so I generally agree.

You didn't comment on how you came up with your read of my play.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

KB tends to be a blind spot for me. It's hard for me to look at him objectively, but I did think the hand waving of Hals posts was kind of strange, but I'm not sure if it's enough for me to go on.

When I read Hal's posts initially nothing super stuck out. But keep in mind, I changed my own read of him within about 10 minutes of digging through posts in context. Something Hawke totally ignored so he could come up with a reason to vote me. So just so this doesn't go anywhere, please don't treat that as a real thing unless you have reread that section of posts yourself and have come to the same conclusion somehow.

Max posted:

Will KB follow my vote?

##vote KB

I would have for most of D1 when I was doing that. :) At a certain point you have to actually play though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

When I read Hal's posts initially nothing super stuck out. But keep in mind, I changed my own read of him within about 10 minutes of digging through posts in context. Something Hawke totally ignored so he could come up with a reason to vote me. So just so this doesn't go anywhere, please don't treat that as a real thing unless you have reread that section of posts yourself and have come to the same conclusion somehow.

I would have for most of D1 when I was doing that. :) At a certain point you have to actually play though.

For sure. It didn't feel like enough for me to go on, however I can freely admit that you tend to be a blind spot for me. I'm just voicing my opinion on it.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

It’s no doubt harder to explain to Others my reaction to d1 but also, what other reads/cases has KB made that day: this is A Towm Player

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

King Burgundy posted:

You didn't comment on how you came up with your read of my play.

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I don't have a firm grasp on when KB is acting scummy or not tbh so I'd have to trust other reads there. A lot of KB's posting is just :lofty: statements and votes that I find somewhat incomprehensible but end up being decently well reasoned later. (Because he likes playing word games and actually setting traps rather than playing the good town strat of just being honest.)

I said I found you hard to read cause I don't understand your posting on a meta level. So I don't have a solid read of you this game. If you don't like my comment about word games that's really outside the bounds of this game, and isn't necessarily connected to any one thing you wrote in this game.

I've seen you play scum and town and I can't really notice the difference like in the same way I feel I can with certain players, thats all.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

REGGAE PARADE posted:

As usual this is a misrepresentation of what I said. I didn't say your suspicion was unfounded. Here's literally my post on D1 about your posts on D1:

That's not a misrepresentation though, stating my play is "yeah i'm cool with any reason for voting someone" or "yes-anding" is essentially equating my suspicion to unfounded.

Who did I yes-and? where's the implied mimicry of a more established case?

You are basically saying my casework was poor and not articulated with hypothetical air-quote distillations about my play.

Quit making me think you're actually scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
As I stated previously, all day 1 conviction was about as detailed as my own. What stands out here is reggae is tunneled in on some perceived scum play on my part, but not only am I not seeing it, other players aren't seeing it... lends towards slapfight, but obstinate scum is also an easy play to make.

Push a tunnel while still tossing shade.

I think it's an optimal scum strat really.

Be scum. Share opinions and "hunt scum". Choose an innocuous target to tunnel on so you look like you hold conviction, hopefully don't get caught out arguing semantics.

I think you're on that last step parade.

Don't get caught out.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Reggae

Let's tear the roof off this mutha'

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Reggae

I can get behind this. ##vote Reggae

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

##vote Reggae

You were already voting me. And pretending to go back and forth doesn't do anything to change my mind.

I'm still waiting on your post from yesterday explaining things more clearly.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

*crouch*-*probe*-^stat-jump*

aA what if

Reggie

is a crystallime mask

but like, a Meta version

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Quit making me think you're actually scum.

Either you think I'm scum, or you don't. If I tunnel on you, that shouldn't make you change your mind over whether I'm mistaken or malicious, especially because my logic hasn't changed at all. Threats like this sound like bargaining more than actual engagement.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Either you think I'm scum, or you don't. If I tunnel on you, that shouldn't make you change your mind over whether I'm mistaken or malicious, especially because my logic hasn't changed at all. Threats like this sound like bargaining more than actual engagement.

We have firmly landed on the "you are scum".

I call for unofficial thunderdome

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

*crouch*-*probe*-^stat-jump*

aA what if

Reggie

is a crystallime mask

but like, a Meta version

:thunk: hmmmm

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

:twisted: :w00t: :parrot: :bubblewoop:

but really, i can;t get over this feeling that reggae and nepnep have been trying to pocket me by calling me their strongest town read.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

:twisted: :w00t: :parrot: :bubblewoop:

but really, i can;t get over this feeling that reggae and nepnep have been trying to pocket me by calling me their strongest town read.

That's how I feel about toals big post, but then I think... could they really be scum again?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I don't like this post. There is no reason to thunderdome

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

I don't like this post. There is no reason to thunderdome

This adds nothing of value.

Elaborate why.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Sal is really anidaving it up this game. not reovlver, just the regular kind

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

This adds nothing of value.

Elaborate why.

Personally I feel that limiting the conversation to just two people is counterproductive (for the most part) I do like the idea of only having to focus on 2 people, but if both of those people are town then we are just going to run around in circles trying to figure out which town is the most scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Personally I feel that limiting the conversation to just two people is counterproductive (for the most part) I do like the idea of only having to focus on 2 people, but if both of those people are town then we are just going to run around in circles trying to figure out which town is the most scummy.

Whoa, that's a fantastic response.

I retract my call for unofficial thunderdome, but if you feel like one of reggae or I are scum, then you should vote there. I'll leave it at that.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

That's how I feel about toals big post, but then I think... could they really be scum again?

I just read Toal's post history and was prepared to quote a bunch of his posts and bold the parts I found scummy. But I've changed my mind after reading them in isolation, I think he's town. Earlier today his case/vote seemed fake AF. But I missed this part of an earlier post, which strikes me as sincere:

Toalpaz posted:

B- seems to be advocating for a lot of really terrible play and even scum claiming. I'm not sure if you can call it ironic or a joke on Day 2. Like that's either scum or we have another jester role like the mega mans and B- is desperate to get lunched. Including the calling people scum and taking it back immediately it reminds me of what that other person did to get lunched, vote and unvote repeatedly, but more subtle.
for the record, i don't actually think everyone should fullclaim today. and I admit that I threw around a lot of accusations/votes yesterday, but as we approached deadline I actually started to game seriously haha.

I still think nat20 should reveal their n1 target.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i wish i had a dayvig

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I still think nat20 should reveal their n1 target.

Why do you think Nat 20 has any sort of targeted ability?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

Why do you think Nat 20 has any sort of targeted ability?

Asiina posted:

I was roleblocked which frankly is rude af

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Touche

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If I had to vote one of AA/Reg, I'd vote Reg.

But I'm not super feeling that vote.

Would still rather vote Hawke. Would also prefer a Nep vote.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

not oicking up a real scum vibe from TOal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i really hope the scumteam isn't lurking this badly. jimmy's game deserves better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krMk8IV4cVE

• Locked thread