Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

OKKKK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't played in like a month. Nice Mafia break. I'll play here.

:witch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb9By-lODgk

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

DAMMIT JIMMY YOU HAD ONE JOB, TO MAKE ME SCUM, I AM SICK OF BEING TOWN

Another open and shut case of mafia. Pack it up folks. ##vote solus

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lots of interesting data right here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

Next content question: why should we vote to lunch you?

My general demeanor.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

Final content question: who would be on your dream scum team with you?

MAX ECCO JIMMY GULAG

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

Hmm if I analyze that, I am the only one on that list in this game. Ipso facto, we are on a scum team together, but checks notes I’m not scum. How do you explain this discrepancy?

Uh lack of internal consistency typically indicates scumatude. You or I or both must be scum????

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

Who is nep-nep?

nep nep

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:gbsmith:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

REGGAE PARADE posted:

I wanted to play a game without any meta, RIP that grand idea.

Hey, everyone.

can you explain to me your meta in detail?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm sad Revolver Anivdan (??? gently caress forgot how to spell it) isn't here. Now that's a scum hunter and a half.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote SHALASHASKA HAWKE

One game ASF will live past day 3, that game is this game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I wont vote b-.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

cult me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Don't worry, I'm here.

Also Hawke one day you'll come to realize my mafia genius.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

B- was definitely joking and AA was joking in response Nep Nep.

I think most games I've played recruiters will definitely fail/die when they recruit scum.

I will not vote B-.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

i find it strange That you’re talking on behalf of people. could be, a “Scumdoc Coordination’

I always find a way to sneak that into every game I get into. Its less scum doc coordination, and more I read interactions and offer my interpretation on them and see if I'm right or wrong.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-4

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hottake,the voting bloc that Max leads is open scum team.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I will never not vote hal.

##vote hal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Isn't it meaningless in the end? A day one claim to be unkillable is empty.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Remember when me claiming vanilla town d1 almost got me lunched. Good times.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Solus would never intentionally lurk.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

You're all taking an ez d1 lunch. Solus is a dewdrop on a leaf. Refreshing. Mega.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Let's do the hard Hal vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Solus lunes could definitely be scum though

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Alas, it's the crimson mallet for ye Solus Lunes ##vote SolusLunes :redhammer:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm inclined to believe Sal because this reads as a honest Sal play. For now it means that AA and Max look good in that there was one kill last night and one Sal kill. So everything seems to check out third party wise.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

It's really strange playing with people I've never played with before. What do you think I'm lying about? Nobody else is claiming the vig on Hal, so I'm not lying about that. I'm not lying about being a Miller, I will Cop scum now, but why would scum kill their godfather unless it was some insane 4th dimensional chess where I was trying to get the ultimate town cred.

This is also ignoring the fact that clever and daring scum could have actually killed Flerp, and some other party killed Hal. Hal's death led to you opportunistically claiming to have killed Hal. You survive, and whoever kills Hal doesn't kill you yet because they're x-shot or 3rd party trying to blend in.

But that's just :tinfoil: theory.

Honestly believe the Sal is prob town, I just think that you and others shouldn't consider it outside the realms of possibility that Sal could be scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What a terrible thing to have happened to us and Asiina. I'm logged on and will commence the posting sequence.

B- seems to be advocating for a lot of really terrible play and even scum claiming. I'm not sure if you can call it ironic or a joke on Day 2. Like that's either scum or we have another jester role like the mega mans and B- is desperate to get lunched. Including the calling people scum and taking it back immediately it reminds me of what that other person did to get lunched, vote and unvote repeatedly, but more subtle.

Nep-Nep posted:

First you claim you believe Sal but make no alignment call. In your followup post you indicate a theory as to how it's possible Sal might not be lying, then claim you do believe Sal is probably town. You hedging? By posting and highlighting your own tinfoil theory it comes off to me like you're curious, sure, but just kinda spitballing content that isn't provable and therefore hard to justify engaging with.

I just mentioned it a couple of times because there were 10+ posts about the masonry and Sal and those things are actually distracting when all signs point to nothing shady happening. Sal has a history of playing the game in odd ways (imo). I've also played a lot of games where Town convinces themselves of one thing and never returns to it. I think Sal is town but if odd things start to happen or we miss scum a lot I think we should return to examine Sal, like another double kill night basically. I think that your post was basically contentless and you added nothing and made no assertion about my alignment, and Hawke rightfully comments on that here:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

was there a point to this post or?

So that's kinda susp for reasons that Nep Nep has mentioned.

My top town pick I think is AA for nearly getting himself mod killed but also communicating about the Masonry so frankly. Seems like a town thing to do.

I think the Reggae and AA back and forth is more likely to have scum on Reggae side of things than AA. AA's been an easy push in the past for the statements he makes and the lack of reasoning he shows, but I think AA is town this time.

I do think that Asiina's play so far looks like scum play but her being busy can also account for that.

Town lean AA, Sal

Scum lean Nep Nep, Reggae, Asiina/Nat 20.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

I’m waiting for someone to claim odd rolecop

Why are you like this :U?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think the meta that I don't provide reasons is bunk. Ernie acting like my day 1 suspicion was unfounded when all other day 1 suspicion was identical is the flimsiest of arguments.

However, I do like his back and forth some today, and I don't think he's scum. SO, reggae, I'm sorry, but I'll have to disengage from you at this time. You can think me scummy for it if need be, but until further notice, I'd just be stuck on a tunnel and that's not fun.

Anyhow, I explain plenty!

:colbert:

That's fair, there are plenty of town slap fights. However, as scum though I've knownly dug myself in thinking it might come across as a slap fight (With little to no effectiveness, so that's kind of a moot point).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I don't have a firm grasp on when KB is acting scummy or not tbh so I'd have to trust other reads there. A lot of KB's posting is just :lofty: statements and votes that I find somewhat incomprehensible but end up being decently well reasoned later. (Because he likes playing word games and actually setting traps rather than playing the good town strat of just being honest.)

About CLord. Reading through just CLords post and it looks extremely low content effortless posting. Could easily be scum, but also remedied by just CLord coming back and posting real reads and opinions on stuff. I think that the posting so far is scummy outside of anything else.

Chaoslord just post, lets see what thoughts you have.

chaoslord posted:

##vote sal

This is an okay place to start, why vote Sal? Whats the reasoning?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay I pressed reply when I saw CLord's new post.

King Burgundy posted:

On Clord: Looked to me like he was just making a policy vote on someone who did something not great there. Which means, as far as I can tell, he has yet to make a real vote, similar to Asiina/Nat20.

Blah blah blah don't give people excuses or answer for them. (Ironic coming from me right?)

chaoslord posted:

Policy voted Sal for being a jerk which I thought would be clear but I guess not, my fault on that.

Faaaaaaaaaair, and the being busy stuff basically checks out.

But if you were going to policy vote anyone though wouldn't it be the literal scum claimer? I guess B- is confirmed town then. Being unfun to play with is worse than being a bad player though, so I generally agree.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I'm going to leave a vote on ##vote B- just for this cause it's annoying and if B- really is scum I'm not getting owned like this:

b-minus1 posted:

I’m scum

But I have my eyes on Reggae Parade and Nat20, Nep Nep, for reasons that I've already stated.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yes, day 2, well known for being mafia joke phase.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

You didn't comment on how you came up with your read of my play.

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I don't have a firm grasp on when KB is acting scummy or not tbh so I'd have to trust other reads there. A lot of KB's posting is just :lofty: statements and votes that I find somewhat incomprehensible but end up being decently well reasoned later. (Because he likes playing word games and actually setting traps rather than playing the good town strat of just being honest.)

I said I found you hard to read cause I don't understand your posting on a meta level. So I don't have a solid read of you this game. If you don't like my comment about word games that's really outside the bounds of this game, and isn't necessarily connected to any one thing you wrote in this game.

I've seen you play scum and town and I can't really notice the difference like in the same way I feel I can with certain players, thats all.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah we're getting close to deadline. I'll be around for it and am probably going to switch off my current vote to someone scummier now.

Comments on the past few posts:

Natural 20 posted:

"I still think N20 should reveal information to scum."

Seriously this is scummy as gently caress with the number of roleblocker/rolecop scum roles I've been seen recently.

I think this is an important discussion to have. Revealing that information would generally give scum an idea about what the role is. If you targetted someone who didn't look scummy at the end of D1 that means you're a doc. If you targeted someone lurking or with a lot of intrigue you'd be a Cop.

It isn't too hard to imagine what you could do with the info of who Asiina/Nat20 targeted, and revealing who was targeted also negates the ability to do certain town gambits. I think revealing the info is a bad town play and bad fishing.

I do like 1-2 of B-'s posts that he's recently made, and it does sound somewhat like bored vanilla town talking, but again this is a bad thing to request.

I also feel like Sal has been making a lot of comments on general play in regards to not thunderdoming, and about the avatar and 'putting us back on track', but it also reads like contentless posts. Like if you read through Sal's posting history today it's mostly meta pings and 'we're on the case of scum', apologies, votes, and unvotes. I don't see a lot of casework and I'd like to see more. Like the vote on B- for scum claiming (policy vote, doesn't want to be trolled) and unvoted because B- says it's a joke? Like what if B- just made another troll post? It doesn't read as natural to me.

His night action and D1 posting read as natural to me, it just concerns me how much Sal asks us to stay on track without making substantial claims or reads about other players.

I'll think up more reads and comment on the front runners soon, cause it looks like we're at an impasse somewhat.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

we need to resolve the kb/hawke situation at some point, but im fine with voting nep or nat20. i think nat20 is a better choice for today ##unvote

Why is Nat20 a good choice for today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Why is Nat20 a good choice for today?

b-minus1 posted:

Ok. #vote hawke

:eyepop:

• Locked thread