Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

If spot 15 is still open sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

flerp posted:

*raises paw*

This statement suits the flavor, it checks out.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus is town

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Oh, this started. I'm doing other stuff tonight so I'll get caught up tomorrow.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I legit can't tell where jokephase ends here so AA if you would just indulge my curiosity:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Admission of being unable to be recruited at night? Scum slip?

you didn't lean on this at all so I imagine you were at least half joking but I'd like to know- I've only played in one game with recruitment mechanics. In that game it was possible for the cult to recruit scum. Is there a reason you would think being unable to be recruited at night would be something scum would have?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

Iím a jester :stare:

No, this is a jester *points with thumb over my shoulder*

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Like I'm thinking this through and objecting to a day one vote like this looks bad to me. The only people who know if a vote is good or not at this stage is scum.

I'm kinda wondering why you put your vote down and then felt you needed to come back and justify it real quick, especially since your own argument is that only scum know if a vote is good or bad, why be self conscious about this?

##vote ASF

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Sometimes some people object just to rattle things up and get multiple levels of dissent and conversations flowing.

You said this about AA:

REGGAE PARADE posted:

I feel like this is the kind of post scum would make if they feel like they want to 'respond' to light pressure. Toss out a balanced amount of opinions - one good, one bad, one neutral, leave no trace of discernible logic, and still look like participation.

I give you that you're saying that about a specific post in isolation and not about AA's play entirely here, but given how AA answered my question I think the first quote of yours I posted is how AA comes off to me. B-minus' claim post about being BP LP whatever was clearly a joke and I feel like AA engaged with it to get some discussion flowing.

AA, what is about flerp? A quick look shows they've been content light, they're not the only one, it also reads a bit shitposty, but what is it in particular that makes you lean their way?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

nep Nep should also claim

Jimmydalad-aligned Cool Dude, once a day I can flip a coin in the privacy of my own home and keep the result to myself

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

imagine me, feverishly trying to make a Screen Cap

If you're wearing the cap on your head, you'd have to use a mirror to view the screens, seems like a waste of effort

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Max posted:

Its almost like voting for lurkers forces them to appear

If you don't @everyone in the scum doc every time a vote happens are you even playing mafia

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

also, i'm aware that i called nep nep scum multiple times for no reason other than I looked at the player list and chose someone at random.

It would strike me as off if you didn't call me scum from the start.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Oh, I assumed deadline was at 10pm. In 15 minutes I'll be busy for the better part of 2 hours so I am gonna miss deadline.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

##vote SolusLunes

See you all day 2

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Actually last minute ##vote Hal

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Just caught up on the reading. Before I say anything else I'd like to start by explaining my vote changeup since it has been brought up. I wasn't going to be able to check the thread at all or post during the final 90 minutes of the day. I believe at the time I changed to Solus there was one other vote with me on ASF. Without being around to participate in any arguments, I picked the vote leader arbitrarily. Not knowing how many or who would be around at the time, but thinking it likely there would be enough people to swing one way or the other, I changed my vote to Hal to give the rest of you more wiggle room to change your minds if Solus claimed something credible.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

why dont you post some reads of your own instead

I like this post by b-minus because of the point at which it came in- there had just been an issue with someone editing a post that supposedly quoted out of thread communication. It could have been easy for someone to turn the conversation to getting distracted by the spectacle, arguing spirit of the rules what should happen whatever, but this challenge to generate content got others to interact with it and kept the thread on productive conversation.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

I'm inclined to believe Sal because this reads as a honest Sal play. For now it means that AA and Max look good in that there was one kill last night and one Sal kill. So everything seems to check out third party wise.

Toalpaz posted:

This is also ignoring the fact that clever and daring scum could have actually killed Flerp, and some other party killed Hal. Hal's death led to you opportunistically claiming to have killed Hal. You survive, and whoever kills Hal doesn't kill you yet because they're x-shot or 3rd party trying to blend in.

But that's just :tinfoil: theory.

Honestly believe the Sal is prob town, I just think that you and others shouldn't consider it outside the realms of possibility that Sal could be scum.

First you claim you believe Sal but make no alignment call. In your followup post you indicate a theory as to how it's possible Sal might not be lying, then claim you do believe Sal is probably town. You hedging? By posting and highlighting your own tinfoil theory it comes off to me like you're curious, sure, but just kinda spitballing content that isn't provable and therefore hard to justify engaging with.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

was there a point to this post or?

probably the same as the point of this one

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Hi all, sorry for the absence particularly yesterday I tried reading a couple times and just felt super distracted. Gonna try to organize my thoughts here about a few players in some posts. I'm multitasking so it might take a little bit.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Starting with b-minus, I think his play has been kinda all over the place with the calls to claim and provide action info and openly claiming to be scum/jester and such. I don't really know what to make of it. I pretty much feel neutral about voting for him. Part of that stems from seeing him do this sort of stuff in a previous game and he did not only turn out to be town but he pretty much figured everything out by the end so I'm torn- if he's going somewhere with this I feel like it could pay off later. If nothing else he is engaged and I think that is likely to continue, so maybe not even neutral but "lean no" is where I stand on voting b-minus right now.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Moving on to KB. KB's actual arguments seem like they're well-formed and have actual thought and effort put into them. One of the posts I like here is simple:

King Burgundy posted:

I don't see anything super obvious in Hal's post history. He really didn't do much.

KB followed this up with a closer look at Hal's post history and following dissection that did have a point to it. Scum could easily just drop the above post and then never follow up on it, whereas I can get this image of KB putting in the additional effort to try and glean something out of what Hal left. As a result I'd say it's a town lean for KB.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

On the one hand, hawke's posting history feels hard to read, often content-light, and even more recent real content like this:

show me how it was a bus

also Demonstrate why asinina, a low Effort scum player, and now you, are not the scums given her low energy postign

comes off like a deflection to me

on the other hand the shame cube is pretty funny

so I am torn

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Overall reads:

Lean Scum Town:
KB
AA
Sal

Null:
Max
Toalpaz
B-minus
Hal, even though he died and flipped scum

Lean scum:
Hawke
ASF
Clord

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Lol the first part should read lean town, what does that even mean

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

If anyone is scum-town aligned I'm on to you

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I'm thinking Hawke for best option today ##vote Hawke

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

You replaced a player That was one of my top scum read. We know you were roleblocked. I donít see why it is such a big deal to reveal your target.

If Nat20 isn't scum revealing Asiina's target could help the scum speculate as to what role Nat20 has.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I'm trying to solve the lights-out puzzle but it's a 10x10 and I feel impatient so I'm just kind of clicking randomly, but I'm determined not to just use an online solver. This is MOTAS all over again.

##vote King Burgundy

If those end of day developments yesterday are some kind of hawke gambit it will become clear quickly enough, I think that is not the case though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

Has a busy day and thought I still had 5 hours before the day would begin

Why does when the day would begin matter to you?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

That's a puzzling statement but that answers my actual question well enough.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I was busy with work, missed everything from Hawke's claim onward.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leaving KB alive is not a good idea because if he is scum, which is super likely then we give them a free pass to use any ability he may have. If we vote someone else today and we're wrong, then we don't reduce their numbers or potential abilities at all.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

That said, we know one of them is a roleblocker, and the last one is probably a tracker.

EDIT: Unless someone wants to make an elaborate case about how both ASF and Asiina are lying about being roleblocked, I'm going with 'at most one of those two is scum, so one is telling the truth, and a roleblocker exists'.

what's your reasoning for thinking there is a scum tracker?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I didn't get to weigh in yesterday because by the time I got to the thread and caught up the hammer had dropped.

Since it seems we were claiming, I'm doc. My protects so far have been:
N1: AA
N2: Sal
N3: Hawke
N4: AA

Unfortunate that something happened to throw off the cop results but I would've voted with you all yesterday, seemed like a sensible thing to do.

Gonna need to go over the previous day again.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Now that we know ASF for sure is town, it leaves us with:

-Toalpaz is scum, was roleblocked
-Toalpaz is town, was roleblocked, but scum tried to get away with killing hawke n3, framed/bussed/something to get Reggae yesterday, then also did the same to Toalpaz in hopes they'd get copped?

possibility 2 there seems little more way more complicated to be true. Right now I'm liking the Toalpaz vote for today but don't wanna rush this.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

chaoslord posted:

So, Iíve been wrong before (and frequently am), but I do think this is either 3+1 or 4+1 and with this player count Iím really thinking 3+1. It looks like Hawke is saying he got a message from Toal if Iím reading that exchange right, so if thatís the case that would clear them

Can you clarify for me why you think Hawke getting a message from Toal clears them?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Though I'm in disagreement with his vote I think Hawke has the right of it in that with something fishy going on with the night actions we shouldn't be basing our voting decisions purely on night results, though they can provide some context.

Right now looking at Max there's the claim of cop. So far that has lead to an ML, but that isn't particularly telling in any direction right now. Their argument with Toalpaz looks good, in general tells a consistent story and fairly dismisses possible theories against as tinfoil. It is possible Max is scum? Maybe, but right now I'd say it's not enough to vote for.

Clord has been a bit more active today than I can remember previous days. In terms of his content, I don't get the insistence on why the scum team must be a certain size or why it is so hard to believe a scum messenger couldn't kill and message at the same time, in part because I was in a game where I think it was the case that such a thing could happen. I'm not certain if this is a "too informed" situation to defend a teammate or just being set on one's opinion. I do note that he acknowledges the possibility of Toal being scum if there is another scum team member.

Toalpaz overall I feel has been kinda going for weird gambit theories:

Day 2

Toalpaz posted:

This is also ignoring the fact that clever and daring scum could have actually killed Flerp, and some other party killed Hal. Hal's death led to you opportunistically claiming to have killed Hal. You survive, and whoever kills Hal doesn't kill you yet because they're x-shot or 3rd party trying to blend in.

But that's just :tinfoil: theory.

Honestly believe the Sal is prob town, I just think that you and others shouldn't consider it outside the realms of possibility that Sal could be scum.

I don't have much to add on this one since Toal describes it as a :tinfoil: theory on their own.

Not a theory but also odd play from that day imo

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I'm going to leave a vote on ##vote B- just for this cause it's annoying and if B- really is scum I'm not getting owned like this:

This was in reference to b-minus openly stating "I'm scum"

and then some stuff jumps out at me here from today

Toalpaz posted:

Imo, Max could be the framer. The cop claim was because scum team lost a few members early and needed safe claims, and they could pocket townies with 'results' on them. AA even floated the idea of 2 godfathers for balance so they could push B- or ASF in the future (maybe the Max floated the idea first in masonry/scumdoc, who knows). It was quite convenient at the time that everyone 'AA' or Max had copped was in the game and hadn't died yet, and claiming to have copped Reggae was safe scum result cause they would know (as scum) scum had also framed Reggae and correctly anticipated Hawke copping Reggae.

This is mostly omgusy because Max is claiming a second scum result and its on me, another town. But I think it has to be one of the mason players. I encourage you all to make your own reads on the players rather than rely on the unreliable cops for now.

For the record I think AA's posting has been very different from what I'm used to but at times it has reminded me of his scumplay in Buffy. I know this is because the Mason chat is toning him down, but his arguments with Reggae remind me of that.

So day 2 Toal establishes a foundation for why it could be worth pushing Sal late in the game, downplays it in the same post as a tinfoil theory, but then shades AA for doing something similar with the 2 godfathers idea to "push b- or asf."

Ignoring the kinda hypocrisy there, I have a problem with this assertion- Max was the one who investigated b- and asf. Why bother coming up with this theory at all when the simpler thing to do would be to claim something like "n1 I investigated hal, but he died. N2 I investigated kb to see if hawke was playing us" and leave us in the dark about b-minus and asf? Then there would be no need to sell us on some 2 godfather idea to maybe get us to vote out players they're clearing? It's too complicated.

In general I feel like a lot of Toal's arguments rely on proposing players acted in ways that are significantly more complicated than other choices they could have made without having a substantial increase in payoff.

##vote Toal

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Here's a question for you, AA. When you did your cover claim yesterday, you said this:

I didn't want to reveal this, but I'm a dedicated cop, no even and no odd. Frankly it's why I didn't believe birb for a moment.

I copped asf, bee and reggae. Reggae only non town result.

I believe Max and have not wasted a night on him.

The first two statements are fine, but after thinking about it for awhile the third statement struck me as odd. Max claimed to you to be a 3p survivor, right? You're not the cop, but at the time that was your claim, but that statement seems odd. Since you were trying to represent being a cop, that statement sticks out because whether Max is 3p survivor or scum, you would know that an investigation on Max should return the result "non-town" either way. Believing Max would have had nothing to do with it. Now, it's not really material since you're not the cop, but I would like to know: Why did you say that that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Eh, I just hadn't thought about it like that in all honesty :v:

I'm inclined to believe you. Here's why. You said this:

Anyhow, I'm just a VT/Mason, I was hoping Max would have been right about reggae, then I'd soak up the kill that night, and Max would go, A-ha, but I was the cop the whole time. Me a daring Watson to his Holmes wrt this game and my gambit lol.

Whether AA is town or scum, this statement about his intent can be boiled down to one absolutely true statement:
The purpose of AA's play on day 4 was so AA would get targeted night 4.

If town, then AA's statement is true at face value.

If scum, then AA obviously couldn't attract the scum kill, and Hawke would not be able to investigate him n4. Scum in this scenario would likely assume there was a doctor, and pretend to draw fire in a towny way in hopes of drawing the protection. By having a better guess at where the protection could fall, they could focus on killing a priority target.

...but they didn't. ASF was JOAT who, unless they were hiding abilities, had already burned through all their stuff. Why ASF? I don't see it, so I think the simpler explanation is that AA at least is town.

• Locked thread