Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I just paid all my bills and added it up at the end and realized I actually paid $200 more than I even had in my bank account. I've never done that before, I'm kind of scared :( I dont even know what to do!!! Can someone tell me it'll be ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You will probably just get charged an overdraft fee

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I guess thats better than a bill bouncing

My credit was doing so fuckin good too

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
contact whoever the bills are paid to and say you can't pay the full amount right now. you aren't the first person who's had that problem and they certainly have a set way of handling the situation. it's better to be proactive in this situation.

see if you can cancel the payment through that company or your bank so you don't get an overdraft fee.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
say gently caress it and smoke some weed, OP, should probably work out

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

im kind of fuming too cause I specifically overpay on auto loans 2x the amount and if I just didn't do that id be fine, and like my dell long term interest free poo poo I pay triple what I "have to" ARGH

ill try ocean thanks ......................................................

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's cool and good that most people live paycheck to paycheck.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Overdraft shouldn’t impact your credit

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
if you don't make a habit of it you can probably get your bank to waive the overdraft fee if it comes to it. My brother was/is an idiot who never checked his balance and was able to successfully beg his way out of a couple of those in the past.

e: as long as you can bring your balance out of the negative immediately, of course

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I was able to get amazon to cancel a payment and I just repaid half of what I originally sent

thanks everyone for your love and support, that was a very trying hour for me

hmu for anything you might need such as a backrub etc

honest to god i had no idea if you could easily cancel a payment and turns out yes it took literally 2 seconds for them since nothing posted

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'll pay the remainder if you suck my drat balls op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I'll pay the remainder if you suck my drat balls op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Just lmbo if you don't pay your bills with a credit card so you never have to pay for real.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
One time instead of paying $30 for a power bill I accidentally paid $300 and it just meant not having to worry about that bill for a few months, so that was cool.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

COMRADES posted:

It's cool and good that most people live paycheck to paycheck.

Also this, gob bless america

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've accidentally checked off the wrong payee account before and sent a ton of money to the wrong business/credit card company.

Just call your bank, it takes a while before the transfers go through and they are usually pretty good about correcting mistakes.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1gnoirents posted:

hmu for anything you might need such as a backrub etc

How about a front rub?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
just lol if you don't always overpay your bills

but i guess i'm extremely loaded and incredibly wealthy and have two cars and a mansion so whatever

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do what I do OP: get really drunk and forget about it and when you remember it in a panic next day just keep drinking

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

all rubs welcome

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I accidentally paid 100 bux for my SA account and lowtax took all the overpay for his medical bills

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
How comfortable is the spot under your bed, OP? Because while hiding is usually considered childish or cowardly, it absolutely works.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
write another check to pay the overdraft fee

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

1gnoirents posted:

I guess thats better than a bill bouncing

Thanks for providing a name for the protagonist of a novel I'm working on.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

throw your bills in the trash where they belong

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When I knew I'd be having some financial problems years back I was able to establish a line of credit on my checking account, so if it got overdrafted it would pull from that instead of charging an overdraft fee. Paying back that plus interest is significantly less than an overdraft charge. IDK how many banks do this sort of thing, but that's how I addressed it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Schweinhund posted:

write another check to pay the overdraft fee

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Nice humblebrag op

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Maybe have a better rear end to match your checkbook OP smdh

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
have yu thought about turning to prostitution?

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I will be your penpal when they send you to ADX

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Suck dick for crack

then turn around and sell the crack for profit

then suck more dick for more crack, and therefore more profit

i'm an expert at this trust me you'll have plenty of money and won't need to worry about overpaying your bills

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

I once misplaced a decimal point when paying my cable bill and ended up prepaying it for the rest of the year :shrug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Get a line of credit so you can flost unexpected debt for a month or two or ten.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
What do you do when you run out of credit? Asking for a friend

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Fallows posted:

What do you do when you run out of credit? Asking for a friend

borrow from your friends & family to service those debts, then draw down those debts to pay back your family, it's the circular flow of income which is backed by science.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

your citizenship score will be increased as thanks for your contribution to wealth creation OP! :china:

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Bookkeeping is so boring. BALANCING your checkbook? Who has time?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

FactsAreUseless posted:

When I knew I'd be having some financial problems years back I was able to establish a line of credit on my checking account, so if it got overdrafted it would pull from that instead of charging an overdraft fee. Paying back that plus interest is significantly less than an overdraft charge. IDK how many banks do this sort of thing, but that's how I addressed it.

what a great idea, I guess you aren't as dumb as SA thinks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
pretend to be a lady and suck trucker dicks op

• Locked thread