Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Levitate posted:

Man, slashing in this day and age is such a bullshit penalty.

Something you can legitimately blame on Sidney Crosby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Jaros with 2 beautiful assists tonight.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Rust has always been the second coming of Hagelin.

Second coming of Tyler Kennedy more like.

And I loved me some Tyler Kennedy. And I like Rust. But like there's no reason Sprong shouldn't have at least been tried in the top six the way things have gone.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps look boring without Kuzy. Playing a good team game, but they just don't seem dangerous.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

And I loved me some Tyler Kennedy. And I like Rust. But like there's no reason Sprong shouldn't have at least been tried in the top six the way things have gone.

I have never once seen Bryan Rust skate around the back of the net and fire directly into the goalie's crest

But yeah, TK is a surprisingly apt comparison. Does a little bit of everything. Shows the potential of being a better hockey player but never quite gets it all together.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
poo poo first period

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

Either or really, but yeah Rust is the type of player you love to toss on the 3rd line and put up 20 to 30 points.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Canucks gonna get murdered tonight.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I have never once seen Bryan Rust skate around the back of the net and fire directly into the goalie's crest

But yeah, TK is a surprisingly apt comparison. Does a little bit of everything. Shows the potential of being a better hockey player but never quite gets it all together.

I mean TK (and Rust) at their best are still 30-40ish point guys that put up good possession numbers which is valuable.

But yeah you're always left wanting more.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
CONNOLLY!!!!!!!!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guentzel :siren:
That's a very Guentzel kind of goal

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
OVECHKIN!!!!!!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hutton isn't making that save if he's all alone in the crease

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
tom wilson... good???

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
So that was a pretty good pass by Wilson.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
They just ended the first period of the Ottawa/Florida game with 3:37 left to go, because of a "medical emergency in the stands".

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Malkin line is on fire tonight.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This Tanner guy is alright

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
What a loving goal jimbo

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

that should be a boarding call

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

lmao vesey lucky as gently caress

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pearson with his 2nd point tonight and already with 66% of the production of Hagelin playing with the same exact players.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jesus christ, Scandella

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That was some kind of swing. Maybe don't do that?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is Malkin's best game in months. Goddamn he is dominating out there

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
:siren: ennis with some magic!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Pens could have had their 5th...3 times on the PP and then give up a goal. Fun but we may die is the Metro motto.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
:siren: JOHN after marner magic!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Damnit, looked like Columbus might get away with that.

Is You Make My Dreams Come True Tavares' goal song?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ahhhh, gently caress the rags.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Hooooooly poo poo

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Johnny fucken T

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

3 point game, guys.

Toronto - Columbus 3 on 3 would be loving fantastic

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Boomer The Cannon posted:

3 point game, guys.

Toronto - Columbus 3 on 3 would be loving fantastic

I was thinking earlier that these two would make a fun playoff series.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Frig

Went to play Oxygen Not Included and got caught up creating my water purification and recycling system for my asteroid and missed the 2nd period. =/

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pearson with his 2nd point tonight and already with 66% of the production of Hagelin playing with the same exact players.

Hagelin was always one of those dudes that would be completely invisible for long stretches offensively but then explode for a bunch of points leaving you to wonder "holy poo poo how is he not a major offensive contributor" before disappearing again.

Pearson has always seemed to be a more natural offensive player.

But again, Hagelin's speed was completely unique even in the NHL that trended more towards speed. Dunno what he's like these days but his forechecking/puck pursuit abilities were pretty unique

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jack Johnson is the worst goddamn defenseman in the nhl

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I could get on board with Buffalo not being terrible this year

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Jack Johnson is the worst goddamn defenseman in the nhl

:yeah:

e: it never ceases to amaze me that coaches and GMs that seem to know what they're doing almost inevitably turn to poo poo within 3-5 years and start favoring players who severely suck balls even by the eye test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Holy gently caress that guys lucky

• Locked thread