Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Stretch Marx posted:

Frig

Went to play Oxygen Not Included and got caught up creating my water purification and recycling system for my asteroid and missed the 2nd period. =/

you missed two excellent goals friend but I hope your asteroid is doing well :)

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Levitate posted:

But again, Hagelin's speed was completely unique even in the NHL that trended more towards speed. Dunno what he's like these days but his forechecking/puck pursuit abilities were pretty unique

I'm not sure if the Pens as a team slowing down, in addition to Hags, or what but a lot of last season and this season they have had a hard time generating a consistent forecheck. Part of it might be nearly every team in the league trying to get much much faster and a whole host younger defensemen that can do this weird skate puck moving thing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hagelin still had speed and could still do well on the PK but his hands were extra stoney this year and he was just not generating anything off the rush with Geno and Kessel.
He has a place on a bumpy-grindy line but he's just not a scoring/complementary winger anymore.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
What the gently caress, go down to get a drink it’s 2-1, come back and it’s 2-4?!?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I guess bishop died. That sucks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eller tried to shatter Gallagher's nose

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hagelin still had speed and could still do well on the PK but his hands were extra stoney this year and he was just not generating anything off the rush with Geno and Kessel.
He has a place on a bumpy-grindy line but he's just not a scoring/complementary winger anymore.

He never was but his speed and occasional bursts of offense convinced people he could play in the top six. His career high was 38 points in his rookie season and he was ultimately probably in that 30-40 point range overall which is a good 3rd line player but never really a scoring winger or someone who you could rely on to put up a bunch of points even with good linemates

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Filip Chytil apparently owns now FYI

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I’m at the preds game and got one “piss on tampa bay” which has to be the most Canadian insult ever next to “hoser” and it was super confusing and also the preds kinda wear a piss yellow so like egg on his face x2 my friends.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

Filip Chytil apparently owns now FYI

Someone needs to tell the Rangers and the Habs they're meant to be bad this season.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
BACKSTROM!!!!!!!!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hutton is a goddamned steal at less than $3 million

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Someone needs to tell the Rangers and the Habs they're meant to be bad this season.

Rangers are bad they're kinda just on a hot streak that's inevitably going to collapse on them. They're pretty bad at suppressing shots though they protect the front of the net better than they did under AV, IMO

Most of it is lack of talent/young talent still learning but it's interesting to see guys like Chytil finding their way in the lineup. Quinn played him on the 4th line a lot until moving him up recently and he seems to have settled down and started producing now that he's playing with better talent. I think he still has a lot to learn and could be a lot better but it's encouraging that he's doing well recently. He's still really young.

You hope maybe he can develop into a 60-70+ point player (I'm not really sure what his ceiling is, it probably vastly depends on how well he can continue producing on the chances he manufactures) and Kravtsov can do the same and maybe they finally get some good home grown players to lead them

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

Rangers are bad they're kinda just on a hot streak that's inevitably going to collapse on them. They're pretty bad at suppressing shots though they protect the front of the net better than they did under AV, IMO

Most of it is lack of talent/young talent still learning but it's interesting to see guys like Chytil finding their way in the lineup. Quinn played him on the 4th line a lot until moving him up recently and he seems to have settled down and started producing now that he's playing with better talent. I think he still has a lot to learn and could be a lot better but it's encouraging that he's doing well recently. He's still really young.

You hope maybe he can develop into a 60-70+ point player (I'm not really sure what his ceiling is, it probably vastly depends on how well he can continue producing on the chances he manufactures) and Kravtsov can do the same and maybe they finally get some good home grown players to lead them

Well they're getting some good performance outta their "flip these guys at the deadline" players too so they should be able to stock up on some good picks/pieces if they don't make the mistake of holding on to them.
Plus Neal Pionk somehow being an actually good hockey player is a break they really needed on the right side.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm tired of goalies falling apart in Dallas. Replace them with robots, I'm done with this nonsense.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I'm tired of goalies falling apart in Dallas. Replace them with robots, I'm done with this nonsense.

Murray for Klingberg no takebacks

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Murray for Klingberg no takebacks

I think he wants a goalie that doesn't fall apart.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Well they're getting some good performance outta their "flip these guys at the deadline" players too so they should be able to stock up on some good picks/pieces if they don't make the mistake of holding on to them.
Plus Neal Pionk somehow being an actually good hockey player is a break they really needed on the right side.

Pionk is good via eye test but kinda sucks by the advanced stats marker. Hopefully he' still learning because he does a lot of good things but his ability to suppress shots seems to be complete rear end

DeAngelo is also actually really quite good too but it's kind hard to have 3 undersized/offensive RD (along with Shattenkirk) without the right situation to make it all work

I think they'll definitely be sellers but they're not Edmonton level of bad either

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
What a tip by RyJo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I keep forgetting Patrick Marleau is a Maple Leaf.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

3 point game, guys.

Toronto - Columbus 3 on 3 would be loving fantastic

I'm down.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Having Bylsma flashbacks - Pens blew a 3 goal lead.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lol

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Pens bad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Having Bylsma flashbacks - Pens blew a 3 goal lead.

Bylsma was usually good in the regular season at least

Sully is like the opposite of that

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Penguins goaltending and defense is very bad.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
drat, Preds had a great stretch there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Has there been a penalty in this game?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Refs have swallowed their whistles apparently.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Has there been a penalty in this game?

Nope.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

I keep forgetting Patrick Marleau is a Maple Leaf.

Sometimes I forget this season too. He's been invisible mostly.

:siren: HYMAN

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

drat it, Toronto, that's not how this is supposed to go.

That top line is a cheat code.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: Hyman with the hero tip :siren:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Torts gunna kill a dude.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

LEAVE PHIL ALONE

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I walked back out to see the goal had been scored so I'm not sure it was his fault, but Riley Nash is not very good.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
wasn't a great effort by the Stars tonight in the scheduled loss game. Team just looked dead tired, couldn't do anything to create offense all night.

Hopefully Bishop doesn't miss any time. As if the Stars need any more injuries right now.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
what the hell the longest whistle

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

3 point game, guys.

Toronto - Columbus 3 on 3 would be loving fantastic

And you call me a jinx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
:siren: HYMAN seals it

• Locked thread