Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

britishbornandbread posted:

I absolutely refuse to watch Raw on basic principle but was Survivor Series worth checking out?

I only watched Ronda vs Charlotte and Bryan vs Brock but both were excellent imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that raw gave me cancer

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't care what people do outside of this forum, but no piracy talk in it.

Your hatred of Paul Birchill has gone too far

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DoctorGonzo posted:

that raw gave me cancer

You deserved it, according to Dean "the titty master" Ambrose.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to be a pirate
A pirates life for me
All my friends are pirates
And sail the B. B. Sea
I've got a jolly roger
Its black and white and vast
Get out of your skull and crossbones
And I'll run it up your mast

With a yo-ho-ho
And a ya-ha-ha
And a ye-hee-hee-ho-hum
With a yo-ho-ho
And a ya-ha-ha
And a yum-yum-jum-jum

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Liquid Communism posted:

You deserved it, according to Dean "the titty master" Ambrose.

Well he didn't spend all those years at Titty College for nothing, we should take him seriously!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There's a small lucha league that comes through Seattle once a month called Lucha Volcanica. Even though most of the crowd doesn't know any of the wrestlers, they're still good at getting across who to cheer for and who to boo, and at arranging matches so that the crowd goes with them. It's always good fun and it's only $20 for two to three hours.

I don't always make it but whenever wrestling has me down I go and attend a show and it picks me up. It sucked watching Hiromu get injured and then knowing he wouldn't wrestle for a while. It made me depressed to watch New Japan shows without him for a bit. But I went to Lucha Volcanica one night to meet up with a friend and it perked me right back up and into watching wrestling.

If you're finding that the WWE's mishandling of your favs is getting you down, go check out a cheap local indie like that. It'll cheer you up and maybe give you a bit more stamina to put up with some of the incredibly odd decisions that Vince makes at times.

e: Also you might get to see someone before they break out, and that's always cool. One of Lucha Volcanica's former champions is wrestling for CMLL as La Avispa Dorada and it's really cool seeing her wrestling in Arena Mexico after seeing her wrestling in a gym.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Didn't watch the show might watch the Youtube version tonight. But reading the recap. Man.

https://twitter.com/RossWBermanIV/status/1064703884613029889

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Wade Keller, as usual, has a good take https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/1...-after-another/

quote:

A lot of gay people and non-caucasian people and female people and disabled people and especially short people and especially overweight people and odd-looking people have agreed to be exploited or portrayed in demeaning stereotypical ways in the entertainment world, including pro wrestling, over the decades (heck, centuries), and their complaisance didn’t make it okay.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Bring back Bad Blood as Roman’s own PPV

:grin:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TTBF posted:

There's a small lucha league that comes through Seattle once a month called Lucha Volcanica. Even though most of the crowd doesn't know any of the wrestlers, they're still good at getting across who to cheer for and who to boo, and at arranging matches so that the crowd goes with them. It's always good fun and it's only $20 for two to three hours.

I don't always make it but whenever wrestling has me down I go and attend a show and it picks me up. It sucked watching Hiromu get injured and then knowing he wouldn't wrestle for a while. It made me depressed to watch New Japan shows without him for a bit. But I went to Lucha Volcanica one night to meet up with a friend and it perked me right back up and into watching wrestling.

If you're finding that the WWE's mishandling of your favs is getting you down, go check out a cheap local indie like that. It'll cheer you up and maybe give you a bit more stamina to put up with some of the incredibly odd decisions that Vince makes at times.

e: Also you might get to see someone before they break out, and that's always cool. One of Lucha Volcanica's former champions is wrestling for CMLL as La Avispa Dorada and it's really cool seeing her wrestling in Arena Mexico after seeing her wrestling in a gym.

I do not know where the Juggalo stadium is, or what times they work, or also if JCW still exists.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Roman vs Human Tornado in a medicine on a pole match. Ian Rotten as special enforcer.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Psychepath posted:

https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/1064698267055939584

Along with the cancer bit, this show was something loving extra.

Why did I read the comments? So many people just tripping over themselves to defend the Ambrose bit as good heeling, because "nothings off limits in wrestling".

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also, what's the point of this LOL ROMAN GONNA DIE stuff? The crowd already loves Rollins. The crowd is already booing Ambrose. "gently caress you Seth, no gently caress YOU Dean, OK let's have a sweet match again".....I'm fine with that, really! We're all fine with that!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Raw and WWE programming in general is bad

Just puttin' that out there

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I was one of the fools that believed that while Dean Ambrose was stale as a face and they missed the boat on him, it would all be good and okay when he finally turned heel and got to let loose. I thought it would reinvigorate him and it would be awesome.

I was wrong. It's worse. He's still Looney Toon-ing it up running around backstage and then bails like a coward after 3 hours of dumb mind games.

I will give it a chance to see how heel Dean Ambrose wrestles in singles matches, but I'm guessing it's even worse than face Ambrose.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So from the latest WOR, here are some plans being tossed around for Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania regarding Ronda:

Ronda is slated to face Charlotte at the Royal Rumble. Becky at Wrestlemania. However WWE isn't ruling out making the WM match a triple threat.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the worst part is that a better company with better writers and better humans could tell a really good story about Roman getting sick being the catalyst for Dean and Seth to fight. They have the seed of an excellent story that could be told through the unique medium of wrestling. But absolutely no one in WWE has those skills.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

So from the latest WOR, here are some plans being tossed around for Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania regarding Ronda:

Ronda is slated to face Charlotte at the Royal Rumble. Becky at Wrestlemania. However WWE isn't ruling out making the WM match a triple threat.

Impossible, they are on separate brands. There is only one day a year on which wrestlers from separate brands compete against each other. ONE DAY.

Also, apparently Sasha is a fan of that sign you posted earlier:

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1064866096942120961?s=20

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DarkstarIV posted:

I wonder if that would mean Becky drops the title and wins the Rumble?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If Becky isn’t going to be cleared to compete for a few weeks they should strip her of the title and keep her off TV until the Rumble

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think the worst part is that a better company with better writers and better humans could tell a really good story about Roman getting sick being the catalyst for Dean and Seth to fight. They have the seed of an excellent story that could be told through the unique medium of wrestling. But absolutely no one in WWE has those skills.

Plus its just so, so wrong, even if Roman gave them the ok to use his illness in storylines.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

britishbornandbread posted:

I absolutely refuse to watch Raw on basic principle but was Survivor Series worth checking out?

All of the singles matches were good. Skip everything else.

Actually the pre-show tag team survivor series match was fun too but largely forgettable so you can skip it if you don't want to commit the time.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Has anyone heard Enzo's new album.

I am trying but it's honestly much duller than I expected.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are you enjoying his consentual........penis?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm wondering how they use Becky once she's cleared to wrestle again...and keep that heat between her and Ronda till Wrestlemania. Do they have her beat down Charlotte? Any matchup that's not Nia would seem like a letdown.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I missed the Raw thread after the first few pages has it finally been accepted that Charlotte is very good yet or is there still anger at her for being overpushed

Or both

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

I'm wondering how they use Becky once she's cleared to wrestle again...and keep that heat between her and Ronda till Wrestlemania. Do they have her beat down Charlotte? Any matchup that's not Nia would seem like a letdown.

Assuming she's cleared soonish, she's going to have to drop the title. She's still technically a heel according to the production notes released by Rajah at Survivor Series. I figure if she's moving over to RAW to challenge Ronda, they'll likely get whatever remaining matches she has left on Smackdown out of the way. Naomi, Asuka, etc. And one of them will probably end up taking the title from her in the process.

I don't think its a good idea to put the title back on Charlotte right now or continue to have them feud. WWE needs to start building up the other women instead of continuing to snub them for a feud that is going to hit diminishing returns soon (if it hasn't already). I feel like anything Charlotte/Becky do now after that Last Woman Standing match is unnecessary.

Becky's title loss doesn't even have to be clean. Have Ronda distract her or something.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 20, 2018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I can't imagine how they could possibly have Becky drop the title without ruining her entire angle.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I can't imagine how they could possibly have Becky drop the title without ruining her entire angle.

Have Ronda run a distraction or something. Its as simple as Ronda's music hitting or something and the other person taking advantage via a rollup. Fact of the matter is, if they are going to run Ronda vs Becky at WM, they absolutely have to get the title off of her somehow.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jesus WEP posted:

Is it against the rules to encourage people to pirate 100% of the WWE content they watch, or just to post actual links to streams? Because please do not give this company money (but by all means watch the wrestle men and women you enjoy)

iirc encouragement is fine, linking or telling people where to find pirate streams is not

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Her Dryer posted:

Has anyone heard Enzo's new album.

I am trying but it's honestly much duller than I expected.

yeah its real bad. because i can't get enough i am watching his set last night on his facebook page. between songs he is doing..stand up bits? best i can describe it.

It's so fuckin jarring. Heres some jokes about me being a small rapper guy in WWE. Here's a song about my dying grandma. Here's a freestyle about my dead dog. Why ain't yas laughin'?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rovert posted:

Didn't watch the show might watch the Youtube version tonight. But reading the recap. Man.

https://twitter.com/RossWBermanIV/status/1064703884613029889

i hope vince dies soon

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

All of the singles matches were good. Skip everything else.

Actually the pre-show tag team survivor series match was fun too but largely forgettable so you can skip it if you don't want to commit the time.

Want to actually see the Colons....ever? Then the Survivor Series tag match is for you! And the Andre at Mania, I guess.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

Assuming she's cleared soonish, she's going to have to drop the title. She's still technically a heel according to the production notes released by Rajah at Survivor Series. I figure if she's moving over to RAW to challenge Ronda, they'll likely get whatever remaining matches she has left on Smackdown out of the way. Naomi, Asuka, etc. And one of them will probably end up taking the title from her in the process.

That's bullshit if Becky has to drop the title since Brock barely defends his title and he's healthy enough.

The potential people to beat Becky is underwhelming not just because of how big Becky has become but...also because of the rivals on SDL. If it's not Charlotte, Naomi winning would be out of nowhere and meh, Asuka's character has been so damaged that...that would be meh. And those are all the faces of SDL so....meh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Have Ronda run a distraction or something. Its as simple as Ronda's music hitting or something and the other person taking advantage via a rollup. Fact of the matter is, if they are going to run Ronda vs Becky at WM, they absolutely have to get the title off of her somehow.

...why?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

That's bullshit if Becky has to drop the title since Brock barely defends his title and he's healthy enough.

The potential people to beat Becky is underwhelming not just because of how big Becky has become but...also because of the rivals on SDL. If it's not Charlotte, Naomi winning would be out of nowhere and meh, Asuka's character has been so damaged that...that would be meh. And those are all the faces of SDL so....meh.

WWE is not going to let both Becky and Ronda be champs heading into Wrestlemania. And the only way I see Becky getting a title shot is if she wins the Royal Rumble. And she isn't qualified to be in it if she's still holding the title. I'm saying if Becky is cleared, have her drop it at TLC in a dusty fashion, then you can work from there. As much as people like to poo poo on Asuka's booking in here, she still has a fairly large amount of fan support. While there would be backlash to her winning, I doubt it would be as severe compared to someone like Charlotte or someone with no actual credibility or accolades like Peyton, Billie, Sonya, or Mandy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Impossible, they are on separate brands. There is only one day a year on which wrestlers from separate brands compete against each other. ONE DAY.

Also, apparently Sasha is a fan of that sign you posted earlier:

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1064866096942120961?s=20

Lol if you didn't realize that Becky is dropping to Charlotte and moving to Raw for the Superstar Shakeup TM.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It looks like you skipped over the line "Fact of the matter is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You're just saying things are facts without explaining why; there's absolutely nothing stopping WWE from just saying "ok we rescheduled this match for Wrestlemania."