Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Everyone wasting all this time and energy trying to come up with plausible booking schemes for Becky Charlotte Ronda, when the answer is as plain as the nose on your face:

Just imagine the dumbest path the current booking could possibly take, then multiply it by ten, and add in whatever will give Vince maximum jollies, and Bob's your uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Why does everyone assume Becky is the one that has to lose the belt? Have Ronda lose the belt at TLC or sometime before the Rumble, she wins the Rumble, challenges Becky at WM, boom.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Everyone wasting all this time and energy trying to come up with plausible booking schemes for Becky Charlotte Ronda, when the answer is as plain as the nose on your face:

Just imagine the dumbest path the current booking could possibly take, then multiply it by ten, and add in whatever will give Vince maximum jollies, and Bob's your uncle.

becky loses the title to a nia jax who is allowed to brand hop for reasons that are never explained and then only wins the rumble and the right to challenge ronda because nia tripped, fell on becky knocking her out, and then somehow bounced over the top rope and out of the ring

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quit copying my ideas.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Man it didn't take any time for them to revert Ambrose back into a wacky cartoon character at all

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Your Taint posted:

Why does everyone assume Becky is the one that has to lose the belt? Have Ronda lose the belt at TLC or sometime before the Rumble, she wins the Rumble, challenges Becky at WM, boom.

Because they aren't going to let Ronda lose before Wrestlemania. Especially on a B-Tier PPV to Nia Jax. Who has already lost all of that heat she has gotten for punching Becky Lynch.

e: There are going to be a lot of disappointed people here when Becky loses or vacates the Smackdown Women's title before the Royal Rumble.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Yeah she can lose to Nia Jax!

(Also just give Becky both belts and figure it out later post-WM)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

DarkstarIV posted:

Because WWE will likely want to have all of the singles titles on the line that night. A champ vs champ match at Wrestlemania eliminates a title match from the equation, and they aren't going to let Ronda or Becky become dual champ as long as the brand split is in place.

Unless they are ending the brand split!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Carmella should win the Rumble, then cash in on Ronda, allowing her to have done All The Things

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fantasy booking is always so good I hope it goes on for at least another dozen or so pages

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all are giving this way more thought and energy than WWE will

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Fantasy booking is always so good I hope it goes on for at least another dozen or so pages

Here's my fantasy booking:

Becky Lynch quits and becomes the biggest woman star on the indies.

Then everybody else I like in WWE also quits.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Y'all are giving this way more thought and energy than WWE will

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Because they aren't going to let Ronda lose before Wrestlemania. Especially on a B-Tier PPV to Nia Jax. Who has already lost all of that heat she has gotten for punching Becky Lynch.

e: There are going to be a lot of disappointed people here when Becky loses or vacates the Smackdown Women's title before the Royal Rumble.

Yes because Becky losing the title is loving stupid. And if you're saying people will be disappointed and still fantasy booking it, you're not even realizing how dumb the whole idea is.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I think we all realize Becky losing is dumb and also realize what WWE does, so are fantasy booking within those constraints

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Codependent Poster posted:

Yes because Becky losing the title is loving stupid. And if you're saying people will be disappointed and still fantasy booking it, you're not even realizing how dumb the whole idea is.

I'm pretty sure Darkstar is just trying to parse out how this will happen in Vince's fake logic world. Also, you can lose a title any number of ways without losing momentum. Asuka vacated the NXT Women's Title and it didn't hurt her one iota.

The hurt came later.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
You could put Becky vs Nia at the Rumble for the Smackdown belt. Do a bunch of shenanigans in the run up and make it title changes hands on a DQ.
Have it open the show.
Have Tamina toss in a chair to the ring.
Becky takes the chair off Nia, kicks her down, looks at the chair, looks at the title.
Beat the hell out of Nia with the chair.
Loses the belt.
Knocks out some jobber backstage, enters the Rumble and wins.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Becky defends the title at the Rumble

Becky enters and wins the Rumble

Paige tells Becky that if she wants to fight Ronda at WM then she has to drop the title

SDL can put on a fun Mania match for a new champion (they won't, but they can)

Becky beats Ronda at Mania for the Raw title

see it's easy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Eh, for once I think the Becky we like works best in WWE.

She'd still be good anywhere else, but it's the WWE constant promo/contract signings/backstage segments/etc. presentation style that's really elevating her.

IcePhoenix posted:

Becky defends the title at the Rumble

Becky enters and wins the Rumble

Paige tells Becky that if she wants to fight Ronda at WM then she has to drop the title

SDL can put on a fun Mania match for a new champion (they won't, but they can)

Becky beats Ronda at Mania for the Raw title

see it's easy

That could work because she'd still be the lineal Man if she dropped the belt.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

It's obvious that they're doing Ronda/Charlotte at WM.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OctoberCountry posted:

Man it didn't take any time for them to revert Ambrose back into a wacky cartoon character at all

Serious question: does anyone know who’s writing for WWE at the moment? Like what does the writers team look like outside of Vince and Kevin Dunn’s influence

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

fatherofmustard posted:

If they're fighting again at the Rumble the only way I see that happening is if the Mania match indeed ends up being that triple threat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Turns out Braun needs elbow surgery for real and will be taking some time off so congrats to Raw's new top face... Finn Balor?!?!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Ragnarok the Red posted:

If they're fighting again at the Rumble the only way I see that happening is if the Mania match indeed ends up being that triple threat.

Them fighting at the Rumble doesn't make sense

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Becky loses the title because she can't compete due to injury. She cuts a firey promo that is interrupted by Naomi and Asuka. They enter the ring and call Becky a loser and a turd and she just stands there silent doing nothing. Camera cuts to backstage where Drake Maverick pees his pants as Dean Ambrose does a silly walk behind him. Cut again to a Rousey v Jax hype video. Commercial for shop dot com merch featuring The B Team. Commercial for Cricket Wireless featuring Sasha Banks and Dolph Ziggler. Back to RAW for a 6man tag. Show ends with Cole pimping USA Network's pop country reality show up next.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

VJeff posted:

Vince McMahon dies in a limo explosion live on raw. Shane finds the key to the lockbox. he opens it and finds documents saying that Cody Rhodes is vinces bastard son and he gets everything in the will. hhh and Stephanie are tried and executed for setting the bomb in the limo. roman beats cancer

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Becky raised the briefcase on Stone Cold

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

fatherofmustard posted:

Once again proving that if you work hard enough and put in the time and dedication to being Ric Flair’s child, you can do anything in this business.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I'm not reading all of your bad fantasy booking, but I want to point out that stars like Ronda are going to be going to Smackdown by the time the show goes to Fox in October, so you should probably keep that in mind when you argue about who's dropping a belt and going to X brand.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Vaguido posted:

I'm not reading all of your bad fantasy booking, but I want to point out that stars like Ronda are going to be going to Smackdown by the time the show goes to Fox in October, so you should probably keep that in mind when you argue about who's dropping a belt and going to X brand.

Considering Vince completely buried Smackdown at Survivor Series, I don't think he sees Smackdown as the A-Show or ever will. Plus I can see WWE holding off on the shakeup until after Summerslam next year so they can pop a big rating on their first FOX episode.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The Poster Who Cried Carmella

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rarity posted:

Turns out Braun needs elbow surgery for real and will be taking some time off so congrats to Raw's new top face... Finn Balor?!?!

New top face, the only guy who got pinned twice in the past 24 hours.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

That's not the same elbow as before, is it? :/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What they should've done was strip Becky of the belt, and presented it to Charlotte. Then have Shane pick Charlotte to face Ronda at Survivor Series, while announcing that Becky is not cleared to wrestle, and won't be for (kayfabe) months.

Then every Smackdown and PPV is just Becky coming out and Stone Cold Stunning everyone until Shane caves and lets her back in.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Two Beans posted:

Becky loses the title because she can't compete due to injury. She cuts a firey promo that is interrupted by Naomi and Asuka. They enter the ring and call Becky a loser and a turd and she just stands there silent doing nothing. Camera cuts to backstage where Drake Maverick pees his pants as Dean Ambrose does a silly walk behind him. Cut again to a Rousey v Jax hype video. Commercial for shop dot com merch featuring The B Team. Commercial for Cricket Wireless featuring Sasha Banks and Dolph Ziggler. Back to RAW for a 6man tag. Show ends with Cole pimping USA Network's pop country reality show up next.
We're supposed to be fantasy booking, not transcribing actual WWE production sheets. Please try to keep up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

That's not the same elbow as before, is it? :/

Went back and watched the angle where Roman attacked his arm in a sling and the angle from last night. Looks like they were both his left elbow.

Needing surgery on the same elbow twice in a year and a half cannot be good at all. Plus if his knees are as bad as it sounds...

Geez. Braun. :smith:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

Went back and watched the angle where Roman attacked his arm in a sling and the angle from last night. Looks like they were both his left elbow.

Needing surgery on the same elbow twice in a year and a half cannot be good at all. Plus if his knees are as bad as it sounds...

Geez. Braun. :smith:

Vince really is going to just hemm and haw for the next 18+ months not truly putting over Braun, Seth, or Drew banking on Roman coming back in 2020 being physically capable of picking up exactly where he left off.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Rarity posted:

Wait wha

If thats true raw only has 3 singles faces left

Finn
Elias
Seth

and no I ain't counting no way jose cause he ain't ever on TV!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hmmmm, Raw desperately needs faces. It's about time for Drew and Dolph to break up and a big angle could really catapult Drew into the main event....

TIME TO TURN DOLPH FACE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I typed up a big fantasy booking thing but decided to delete it before hitting post, I'm basically a hero.