Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rarity posted:

Turns out Braun needs elbow surgery for real and will be taking some time off so congrats to Raw's new top face... Finn Balor?!?!

Your new TLC main event, Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

VJeff posted:

Hmmmm, Raw desperately needs faces. It's about time for Drew and Dolph to break up and a big angle could really catapult Drew into the main event....

TIME TO TURN DOLPH FACE!

You say this, but bad booking has made me no longer understand alignments. I mean, Dolph, clearly a heel, is also definitely the Face in his ongoing spat with filthy cheater, and possibly only man less likable and more irrationally full of himself than Dolph Ziggler, Shane McMahon.

If Carmella is a face now, she's technically the top women's face on Smackdown, based off of creative apparently saying both Charlotte and Becky are heels, her being a recent champion, Asuka being a geek, and the ridiculous pop (Pop of the night, even!?) for her pin on Tamina.
~~~
If Bray came back next week Raw would have four faces.

Otherwise... uh...... they could promote Lars Sullivan as a face, guys! That'll get over, right?

Turn Roode heel, for the love of God, and we could have Gable as a face.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Vaguido posted:

I'm not reading all of your bad fantasy booking, but

Daniel Bryan retires to become a farmer but buys a tract next to Brock lesnars farm. minor disputes over water rights and property lines escalate into cattle rustling and field burnings. the blowoff is a no dq barnyard deathmatch at wrestle mania which ends in a no contest when the wyatts ghost tractor returns and lays them both out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Veryslightlymad posted:

the ridiculous pop (Pop of the night, even!?) for her pin on Tamina.

This was for Tamina getting booted

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Son of Man posted:

Daniel Bryan retires to become a farmer but buys a tract next to Brock lesnars farm. minor disputes over water rights and property lines escalate into cattle rustling and field burnings. the blowoff is a no dq barnyard deathmatch at wrestle mania which ends in a no contest when the wyatts ghost tractor returns and lays them both out

He said BAD fantasy booking.

Sidebar: are spoiler tags broken for anyone else using the Awful app?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

That's not the same elbow as before, is it? :/

It's to remove bone spurs or something so it's not that bad.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Charlotte Vs Becky and Charlotte vs Ronda were two of the most entertaining matches I've watched in a while

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

The Kimoa Kid posted:

He said BAD fantasy booking.

Sidebar: are spoiler tags broken for anyone else using the Awful app?

spoilers never work right for me! is there a way to disable them?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Son of Man posted:

spoilers never work right for me! is there a way to disable them?

Not that I know of. I actually had "Alternate App Theme" enabled and turning that off fixed spoiler tags.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm basically a hero.

You have an MCR av, this was obvious to me for a while

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

They easily could have had Dean say that he's glad Roman has cancer, which is still an awful thing to say and makes him clearly the Dude You're Not Supposed to Cheer.

Saying that Roman's cancer is a punishment from god is probably super fun to hear for, oh I dunno, the countless children using their make-a-wish to meet wrestlers?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That could actually work for him sink he does tend to have sunken eyes and just always a dour face. If he can actually act (for horror) he might do well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A CM Punk horror movie should just be his MMA career in two hours.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

It didn't last two hours

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Becky is the Black Scorpion and Ronda brings out THE SHOCKMISTRESS, who is actually Nia Jax, to fight her and Charlotte. When she trips over the poorly constructed set, her glitter-coated Captain Phasma helmet flies off and hits Becky and Charlotte with great force, putting them both in comas. For this Nia is rewarded by beating Ronda for the title and getting to potato the women on both rosters with impunity.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That Daniel Bryan vs Brock match was wild. I was so used to seeing Brock destroy people that it legit made me get into it after Bryan fought back.

I mean we all knew the result was going to be the same but it was good to see a competitive match for once. Still not sure about heel Bryan but it's better than goober face Bryan with WWE's bad writing. Also shows Brock can still put on an exciting match and sell really well when he actually gives a poo poo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Like people were saying in the PPV thread, Brock must really respect the hell out of Bryan if he's willing to put on an actual match with him and sell huge for him, as opposed to the usual hoss-off that Brock's matches consist of.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah he went through the entire range of Brock facial expressions and super selling and everything else. It was surprising and very cool to see. I haven't seen a Brock match like that in quite a while. Even took some stiff looking knees and didn't freak out. Then again Bryan is really good at making them look stiff and being safe so that was probably why.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

AJ Styles
371 day title reign
PPV Main Events: 0

Daniel Bryan
5+ day title reign
PPV Main Events: 1

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dromal phrenia posted:

They easily could have had Dean say that he's glad Roman has cancer, which is still an awful thing to say and makes him clearly the Dude You're Not Supposed to Cheer.

Saying that Roman's cancer is a punishment from god is probably super fun to hear for, oh I dunno, the countless children using their make-a-wish to meet wrestlers?

No poo poo, wonder what all the Make-a-Wish kids Dean has visited (something he's said he loves doing) think of that one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Excuse me he said Roman's cancer is a punishment from god not all cancer. Geez.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

bradzilla posted:

AJ Styles
371 day title reign
PPV Main Events: 2

Daniel Bryan
5+ day title reign

Fastlane and Clash of Champions.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

bradzilla posted:

AJ Styles
371 day title reign
PPV Main Events: 0

Daniel Bryan
5+ day title reign

Daniel Bryan
PPV matches involving low blows: 100%

AJ Styles
PPV matches involving low blows: 95% (conservative estimate)

Chris James 2 posted:

You have an MCR av, this was obvious to me for a while

:ocelot:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Braun being injured is what WWE & Raw deserves.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

God really hated that Undertaker match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

Braun being injured is what WWE & Raw deserves.

Braun deserves better. :smith:

Dimebags Brain posted:

God really hated that Undertaker match.

If Roman had turned Tombstone botch into a reverse DDT or something, he would've let him off with just the Mumps, but when he tried to pick him up again, his fate was sealed.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

AJ Styles
PPV matches involving low blows: 95% (conservative estimate)

https://streamable.com/7bshw

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think an indie director could afford to pay what Punk was paid lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A good read

https://twitter.com/FightfulOnline/status/1064990154878676992

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert who did he punch

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is that dude from Fightful pretty reliable? I've only recently started reading his stuff.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Bryan reported on WOL today to expect something special to happen on Smackdown tonight. The top executives at FOX are backstage tonight at Smackdown, and WWE is expected to do something to please them.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Senerio posted:

Fastlane and Clash of Champions.

Clash of Champions was Jinder's third main event of 2017! Cool.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

DarkstarIV posted:

So Bryan reported on WOL today to expect something special to happen on Smackdown tonight. The top executives at FOX are backstage tonight at Smackdown, and WWE is expected to do something to please them.

Wonder who Big Show will make pee their pants this time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BRAUN!'s injury just serves as a further example of why putting all your eggs in one basket is such a bad idea. Everybody has been sacrificed at the altar of Roman and then suddenly he has to be removed from the picture, and now the only guy who ever actually got to look somewhat strong against him and Brock (kinda) needs surgery.

This basically leaves Seth Rollins as the defacto top face, as far as I can tell. The next closest is Finn Balor, who I love but has been just losing over and over and over again for months now.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Incessant Excess posted:

Wonder who Big Show will make pee their pants this time.

Rupert Murdoch.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkstarIV posted:

Shane will beat Bryan for the title

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This is a pro click that shouldn't be lost.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On Observer Radio Dave said about Dean’s promo to expect more of that kind of stuff (regarding Reigns) going forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Shane will beat Bryan for the title

Bryan low blows Shane, only for Shane to reveal he's wearing a cup