Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This is a topic to share different life hacks you have heard of, or even ones you made up and think someone else should use. I will start with an example.

Grilled cheese sandwich takes forever to cook on a pan, you got to heat the pan up, grease it, and theb your cheese doesn't even melt and you have a dirty pan now. So I have devised an easier, quicker grilled cheese.

Ingredients
Bread
Cheese
Butter

First you toast the bread in the toaster, while it is toasting you get your cheese out and butter the cheese. Once the toaster pops you put the cheese in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and you habe a grilled cheese. Oh yeah and no dirty pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
You can save $10 if you don't rereg when you get banned.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

You can save tons of money on food if you stop eating.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

The seats in most cars have a retractable strap with a bottle opener on them so you can pop brewskis while you cruise!

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Make hay while the sun shines.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This thread comes around every few years and I smile

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

If you drink draino once you will never have to buy it for your sink again

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if you carefully saw a hole in your skull with a rusty knife you can remove your brain and make extra room for handy storage capability. e.g. peanuts, signed baseball cards, a shoe, etc

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Next time you cut your toenails save them and then smell the bottom side of the clipping. :science::piss:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Linux Pirate posted:

Next time you cut your toenails save them and then smell the bottom side of the clipping. :science::piss:

Writing this down.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You can save money on towels if you wipe your hands on your pet dog.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BaconCopter posted:

If you drink draino once you will never have to buy it for your sink again

I would save so much

Thank u

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i hacked my life and you won't beleive what happened next

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If you want free eggs but don't want chickens there are certain breeds of dog that lay eggs

If you want to pay less for stuff just get a job at a place that sells stuff and steal it from work

If you want to leave a job but also want the benefits of being laid off or fired instead of quitting just show up and try to start a union

If you want to get credit for helping a friend move but not have to lift any heavy poo poo just show up late

If you're feeling down just pull on your weiner until you feel better

If you're at a fancy restaurant and you don't feel like paying for a huge bill just eat half your food and complain to the manager that it wasn't cooked right

If you don't want to get banned from all the fancy restaurants but want all that food they have just get hired at one as a busboy and eat what's left on the plates you clear from the tables

If you work in a bad neighborhood and want to feel safe going to and from work join a local gang and anyone else in the area who makes you feel unsafe might be the person you have to kill to join the gang

If you want to grow up into somebody who owns a restaurant you can squeeze the grease off your pizza and burgers and by the time you have your own deep fryer you'll also have enough grease to fill it

Soap is made from fat so if you want to have clean hair just let it get really really greasy and then rinse it under really hot water to activate the grease

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

lizardman posted:

You can save money on tissues in similar ways.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Need to whip up a dessert in a hurry? Dump a bag of oreos on the floor and eat the oreos off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Want to skip doing the dishes on Thanksgiving? Bring up politics at the table during the dinner and get kicked out of the house. Probably best to wait until they serve the pie though.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lizardman posted:

You can save money on towels if you wipe your hands on other people's hot dogs.

mite put it on the menu

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If yoiu have a long weak stick, maybe you break it up into short sticks what yo ustick together.

Congratulatiosn on your short strong stick.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
don't wear a seat belt. just hold onto the steering wheel really tight if you're in an accident

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
If you pour your cup of coffee from the pot before the rest of it has brewed you get a strong flavorful cup while everyone else get the diluted dregs. This way you assert dominance over the scrubs.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You sound like an IDIOT op. :catbert:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hmmmmmmm.. :thunk:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You can avoid having to clean dishes by eating your food off the floor like a animal, you piece of poo poo

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If you're a man and want to suck dick: go gay!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

lizardman posted:

Plus the dog likes the attention it gets. Win win!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

lizardman posted:

Pro tip: the furrier the dog, the better this works.

Also, dogs have a secondary function Big Appliance doesn’t want you to know about! Save cabinet space and lower your hot water bill by getting rid of your dishwasher. Just put your dirty dishes on the floor and your dog will do the rest!

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Icochet posted:

If you're a man and want to suck dick: go gay!

Hmmm this sounds like more steps than is necessary; sure there's not a more streamlined process?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h5WrWncDZw

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
How to get the water out of the toilet:

Turn off the water input valve. Unless you're deeply unfortunate in this regard, almost all toilets have a small metal knob under the tank, just near the input point. This allows you to turn off the water flowing into the tank.

Cut the water. Flush the toilet.

The bowl will be completely empty.

And the tank will be 90% empty, easy to sop up the rest with a couple towels.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Instead of having children, don't.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sponge Baathist posted:

If you want free eggs but don't want chickens there are certain breeds of dog that lay eggs

If you want to pay less for stuff just get a job at a place that sells stuff and steal it from work

If you want to leave a job but also want the benefits of being laid off or fired instead of quitting just show up and try to start a union

If you want to get credit for helping a friend move but not have to lift any heavy poo poo just show up late

If you're feeling down just pull on your weiner until you feel better

If you're at a fancy restaurant and you don't feel like paying for a huge bill just eat half your food and complain to the manager that it wasn't cooked right

If you don't want to get banned from all the fancy restaurants but want all that food they have just get hired at one as a busboy and eat what's left on the plates you clear from the tables

If you work in a bad neighborhood and want to feel safe going to and from work join a local gang and anyone else in the area who makes you feel unsafe might be the person you have to kill to join the gang

If you want to grow up into somebody who owns a restaurant you can squeeze the grease off your pizza and burgers and by the time you have your own deep fryer you'll also have enough grease to fill it

Soap is made from fat so if you want to have clean hair just let it get really really greasy and then rinse it under really hot water to activate the grease

Read these in Dr Steve Brule's voice, 5

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

snack eater posted:

How to get the water out of the toilet:

Turn off the water input valve. Unless you're deeply unfortunate in this regard, almost all toilets have a small metal knob under the tank, just near the input point. This allows you to turn off the water flowing into the tank.

Cut the water. Flush the toilet.

The bowl will be completely empty.

And the tank will be 90% empty, easy to sop up the rest with a couple towels.

and then i can take a poo poo?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

lizardman posted:

Hmmm this sounds like more steps than is necessary; sure there's not a more streamlined process?

Well sure, all is fair in love and war. It's not like anybody declares wars any more, countries just bomb poo poo unofficially.

So go ahead if you must, suck a dick without the declaration of gay. But it's pretty messed up IMO.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pickle your own foods. Not because it is in any way cheaper than mass-produced pickled foods but because you can add stupid ingredients that probably ruin the flavor or how long the item lasts when opened.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Weddings are expensive, time-consuming, and stressful. Here are a few hacks to make sure your wedding runs well AND you don't have to spend a lot of money!

1) Don't buy a cake. People expect cake at a wedding, but you can easily trick them by saying "The cake will be here soon!". If anybody asks you after the wedding, just say "Oh you didn't get a piece? I'm so sorry!" If anyone questions where the cake was, tell them it was "Set up in the corner" and they must have missed it!

2) Centerpieces blenterpieces! Don't buy anything to put in the center of the table, many venues have sticks and rocks outside. Put some on the table and WALLA!

3) Only invite people you like! This may seem obvious, but you'd be shocked by how many people invite people like "Your Racist Grandma" or "That Cousin Who Hates Me" or "That Weird Uncle That Touches My Butt While Ranting About Millenials".

I think those 3 hacks should get you on the right track to having a great, cheap wedding! Be creative - a wedding dress is really just white fabric, so why not use old curtains or maybe even paper towels? Need a photographer? Literally everyone has a phone with a camera in it - your grandma with Alzheimer's is just as good as any "pro" photographer!

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
A bird in hand can be worth as much as 3 in the bush with proper arbitrage techniques

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
It's easy to make a make-shift bottle opener using the lid from a glass bottle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
If you need to stretch your food budget, Taco Bell offers a number of value-conscious offerings.

• Locked thread