Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

RabbitWizard posted:

Well, what do you want to know?

So were you adults when communications broke down? Or were you still technically children? As I mentioned already, contact goes both ways. Did he ignore your calls or did you not really bother after a few failed attempts?

Sounds to me like this is you trying to teach him a lesson for not talking with you as an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I wouldnt want to keep in touch with the child who drove a wedge between my wife and I and ruined my marriage either

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

ELO Musk posted:

Oh no? Then why is it you're so willing to poo poo on him when he reaches out to let you know he's dying?
Oh. Maybe that wasn't clear. He had the colon cancer like 4 years ago. Today he told me he had another cancer. He wasn't reaching out to me.
I was calling him to check if he is still alive, because I didn't know.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fakeaccount posted:

You should hold onto your grudge so that, after he dies and is no longer available for you to ever speak with again, you can find yourself blindsided by regret and guilt about how you gave up on him, and wake up every day with sudden thoughts about how you could have done something differently, but now you can't anymore. Do that and you'll be a very happy person.

can confirm

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Also is stopping child support in you and your sister's teens really the worst thing that he did? Because I gotta tell ya that's pretty tame and probably not worth the level of contempt that you currently have.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I mean poo poo dude, there are dads that leave their kids outside of fire stations and you're gonna act like he's the Hitler of dads because he didn't help you fill out a 1040EZ form?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

RabbitWizard posted:

Oh. Maybe that wasn't clear. He had the colon cancer like 4 years ago. Today he told me he had another cancer. He wasn't reaching out to me.
I was calling him to check if he is still alive, because I didn't know.

Could be shame preventing him from calling you or he could be exactly as you describe, can't rightly say. I'm not going to judge you based on anything you do or say and if you ignore everything I post so be it. Please think about it, though? Don't want to do yourself dirty like that.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
You sound really indulgent OP

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

So were you adults when communications broke down? Or were you still technically children? As I mentioned already, contact goes both ways. Did he ignore your calls or did you not really bother after a few failed attempts?

Sounds to me like this is you trying to teach him a lesson for not talking with you as an adult.

I tried to contact him, multiple times. I even succeeded and we met. For half a year or something.
I'm tired. This is my last try.
I don't want to teach him a lesson. I want to see what he thinks "having children" means. While he is alive.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I guess you could say the OP has some

Daddy issues :grin:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
So the student has become the master?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RabbitWizard posted:

I tried to contact him, multiple times. I even succeeded and we met. For half a year or something.
I don't want to teach him a lesson. I want to see what he thinks "having children" means. While he is alive.

Why give him the chance when clearly nothing will ever be good enough for you?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

RabbitWizard posted:

Ok, you were raised into an adult. He accomplished the dad thing. Anything beyond that is a bonus and not required, he did his job.

I'm not going to tell you to not be bitter since nobody has the right to tell you how to feel, but I think myself and lot of other posters here have experienced far, far worse with their respective families and are having a hard time understanding the degree of your distress.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I don't know why you want anything to do with him. Maybe you like being repeatedly let down? He sounds like a jerk, and you sound like you want him to not be. But...he's always gonna be like he is, so I'd stop setting yourself up for disappointment.

Be free.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

RabbitWizard posted:

I want to see what he thinks "having children" means. While he is alive.

Yeah, I think he has already shown you what he thinks it means. I don't see you getting an apology or closure or whatever from him. Sorry. Them's the breaks, kid.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My dad's side of the family finally got the memo after me not going to anything for 5 years and stopped inviting me.

My mom still gets invites and goes like wtf he cheated on you and left you in financial ruin working 3 jobs for years why do you even give them the time of day

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
better the devil you know, you know?

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
fukin lol what a baby

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

dad bad so what

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I too, have some childhood drama and haven't been dealing with it. It's fine most of the time, but occasionally it gets brought up into my mind, and I suffer a full on brake down, and I worry I might turn some of this undirected fury at people I actually care about. I hope finding some closure might prevent this but so far I have been unwilling to seek it out. It's easier to hold on to that idea, that you're in the right, even though you know all parties involved are being hurt.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
op I tried for years to get back in contact with my biological father, he seemed like a good dude just didn't want the responsibility of a child

I realised that I wouldn't actually get anything out of an ongoing relationship so I struck him from the record books and moved on

perhaps rather than dwell on things which could have been you spend that time and energy being a good brother to your sister and a better role model for your family that he ever was

it's sorta weird that as an adult you are moping around after another adult who, quite plainly, wants nothing to do with you...

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
find a new dad on backpage

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

onedayholiday posted:

find a new daddy on backpage

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

If a family member sucks that bad cut them off forever. gently caress it. Life’s too short to waste on awful people, even if you share some genes.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Offer to suck his dick, then maybe you'll finally achieve that familial bond thats been missing all these years.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Maybe the dude has some kind of anxiety?

Maybe he has his own, actual, childhood trauma (a loving lot more common in those days) impacting him?

I reread all your posts and I'm still convinced you're being a baby, maybe have an actual conversation and express your feelings, crossing your arms vs a dying person trying to make amends is pretty hosed up.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

You sound like an angsty teenager OP.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
you are a full on bitch op

how are you even alive and existing as an independent adult if this basic low grade poo poo has crippled you emotionally

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You called him?

Every drat night?

On the telephone?

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
gently caress these guys; exacting emotional revenge on a shithead in their dying days is the best possible scenario vis a vis dying shitheads.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

OP you'll understand one day when you decide to ghost on your bitchmade child once your obligations are fulfilled.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress, I'd abandon you too, OP

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
Sounds like you're just like your dad, OP. Maybe have a kid so he can resent you, too.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
getting drunk and abandoning this thread is a good way to show gbs that you totally aren't your father's son

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Maybe you should have been the proactive force in maintaining contact if it meant so much to you. Dads can be depressed introverted losers just as much as younger people, especially if they are dealing with years of illness. If no one in the family has your number but this is the worst trauma you can muster to justify it then probably you are the inexplicably aggressive bitter weirdo they all wish well but assume doesn't want to be contacted.

You: drunkenly yelling at a dying man, wailing incoherently and complaining he doesn't sound emotional enough and is therefore an unfeeling robot who doesn't care about you.
Your dad: trying to reason with a raving lunatic, putting own personal hurt aside and deliberately restraining emotional reactivity to avoid further exciting you, or maybe just talking like a normal person and therefore failing to satisfy the demands of your more "theatrical" personality.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Unless he was tingling your dingle or landing daily haymakers on you I'm not sure why you're so supremely pissed off at the old man, OP. Not talking for years sucks, but it really sounds like you're returning a disproportionate amount of hate.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
gently caress that guy, just move onto the next dude that shot huge ropey loads up into your mom and see if he’s any nicer.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Giraffe posted:

gently caress that guy, just move onto the next dude that shot huge ropey loads up into your mom and see if he’s any nicer.

ya pm me op

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

e/n is thattaway OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

lol if you posted:

getting drunk and abandoning this thread is a good way to show gbs that you totally aren't your father's son

lol (if you)

• Locked thread