Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This is the dudes official portrait..

The greatest of Australian sports, it has been said, is the act of the spill. A moment during the countries political journey, where the powers that be descend upon themselves with Cannibalistic glee, metaphorically stabbing and murdering one another to become the Prime Minister. All in a bid to take over a position that would at its most charitable be best described as "like have your ballsack torn off and then dipped in vinegar".

Being a country of the commonwealth, the Australian parliament is derived in powers and responsibilities from the English Parliament, a land of high nobility, funny wigs, and uniforms that inspired Harry Potter.

It's also a country where it is said that a Former Prime Minister, hosed a dead pig, in the mouth.

My lawyer has advised me to confirm that these are allegations and that I make no claims on the veracity of these statements.

So if the Spill, a Famous Australian sport has taught its Motherland anything, is that not even the top job in the country is safe, and that if you personally don't get what you want as a member of Parliament, you can bring down the government in a bid to get it. Just ask Tony "loving" Abbott. This is a lesson that Tory MPs have taken to heart recently, by calling for the metaphorical head of Theresa May, the current prime minister by calling for a vote of no confidence in her ability to successfully make a "good" brexit deal with the EU. At the time of writing there hasn't been "enough" requests by members of her own party to remove her, but they're not far off.

The History (feel free to skip)

Brexit, for those who are unfamiliar with the vernacular, is the term used to describe the departure of England, and by extension the remainder of the United Kingdom (Scotland - who voted to remain in the EU, Northern Ireland, who voted to remain in the EU, and Wales, who voted to leave for some hosed up reason, in spite of being the biggest recipient of EU funds), from the European Union.
We are, at the time of writing, four months out from the time that Brexit is officially enacted, 29/03/2019 is the date set in motion by the UK triggering Article 50, being a voluntary cessation of membership.
From the original triggering date, the departing country has a 2 year period to negotiate a deal with the other EU member state collective, with regards to Trade, borders, and budgetary responsibilities between either party. This end date is rapidly approaching with no formal deal having been settled on, and the most recent negotiation having been described by members of the Tory party as a direct betrayal of the brexit .. principles? british demands? who the gently caress knows anymore.

Which is where the problem lies - there is a large portion of the Tory Party who expressly hate any deal that has been reached with the EU that isn't their personal wishlist, and lack the capacity to realise that the deals being negotiated are the best that can be obtained given the circumstances. No one wants to make things "easy" on the uk and give them a good deal, or else it could encourage the breakdown of the EU.

Which brings us to where we are today - with a deal that was described by her colleagues as inadequate, and that they could obtain a better version of if they just tried harder, the British Tory agitators have watched their Commonwealth cousins and decided "this seems like my sort of thing".
Of course, the fact that the largest agitators have all held positions of power directly relating TO brexit, and resigned because they didn't get what they wanted, isn't lost on you.

SPILL SPILL SPILL 3 - THE RETURN, IS A MOSTLY VANILLA MAFIA GAME.

There will be a few roles but nothing excessive - this will not be, as described by Mills, as a "mafia like" where everyone will have a role.
This is not a game that can be "won" by solving flavour.
There will be a few people in this game who are not given the role of a British MP, or that of a member of the Tory party, and that does not necessarily make them scum - or does it?

Either way, don't try to use flavour as a gotcha, because then people are going to quote this, and laugh at you.

The only "additional" mechanic, is the nomination of the Prime Minister, in the event that you choose to dispatch the prime minister at any point.
My expectation is that post lynch, if the Prime Minister is lynched - there will be a short election, where any player can ##nominate any other player for the position of Prime Ministership - the person with the highest amount of votes wins.
It needs to be clear that Win Conditions are a thing in this game, and becoming Prime Minister can make people win, regardless of their faction, so choose carefully.
Although - not every player has a specific win condition, so if you don't see one in your Character blurb, assume you don't have one.

I have crafted roles for 16 players at this time, but I am happy to write more if there's a large wave of signups.

Any questions, go hard.

https://twitter.com/aeonofdiscord/status/1063122624346251270

tithin fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Days will be about 48 hours, night about 24

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Signups

1. Black Tangled (via Twitter)
2. TOML (via Twitter)
3. Infinitum
4. Mith
5. G-Spot Run (Cat)
6. Fuckface the Hedgehog (Plot)
7. Bifauxnen
8. iajanus
9. Sulla-Marius 88

tithin fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 21, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I will Kill Spill

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
sign me tf up

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

sup

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
gently caress it. Let's breakdown for Brexit. I dunno when you were planning on starting though.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 25, 2018

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Sign me up tits

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

in to lurk like never before

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Bifauxnen posted:

in to lurk like never before

Hey that's my job

I guess I'll be in to bif like never before

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i think you'll find i'm the supreme lurker here

edit - so much so i'm actually not signing up oh god the panic attacks have started

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

if you don't wanna play a game Zets, you should run another one instead :sun:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
if newbies are allowed, sign me up. if not, i'll just watch and masturbate

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

All are welcome

game is not anticipated to start for another few days at the minimum.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Good to see some familiar user names. Looking forward to a good clean fight.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Good to see some familiar user names. Looking forward to a good clean fight.

##vote black_tangled

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

##vote black_tangled

Reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

There doesn't seem to be much interest, so I'll close it off. Thanks for the people who showed an interest showing up.

• Locked thread