Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

Hey, stop me if you've heard this before: rain delay in Cup this year.

So, have you some TNN Motor Madness Rain Delay Theater: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

Rain Lightning Delay Theater coming to you from Miami with the 1988 IMSA Camel Grand Prix: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cup is delayed at Talladega so I can't think of anything better than to pass the time with ARCADEGAAAAA

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm considering watching old Gatorade 125s and or IROC races in the channel soon. Why? They're relatively short. Will they be any good? One way to find out!

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

I have a better idea!

I was checking to see if the 2020 World Figure 8 Championships 3-Hour had been posted. It has!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84cr26wpyk

But holy poo poo there's even better news! This was actually posted two months ago as an unlisted video. I only found it after I had started this post. Instead of the 2020 race, I had initially found loving gold:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ1hsoHGeteHwJwtn3Mzj1bv1PHG44MwW

It's a playlist with 28 out of 41 of the races between 1980 and 2020. Only when I took a second look through it to count the races up, did I realize that 2020 was posted in it as well. Hell yeah!

Christmas has come early for Winter Heat!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WindyMan posted:

I have a better idea!

I was checking to see if the 2020 World Figure 8 Championships 3-Hour had been posted. It has!

But holy poo poo there's even better news! This was actually posted two months ago as an unlisted video. I only found it after I had started this post. Instead of the 2020 race, I had initially found loving gold:

It's a playlist with 28 out of 41 of the races between 1980 and 2020. Only when I took a second look through it to count the races up, did I realize that 2020 was posted in it as well. Hell yeah!

Which Tunny is gonna win? Tune in to find out!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

I have a better idea!

Praise be to WindyMan for he is good. Are the old ones in their entirety or shorter?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Praise be to WindyMan for he is good. Are the old ones in their entirety or shorter?

Amazingly most of the older ones appear to be in their entirety!

Truly, a Christmas miracle!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Come one, come all, for 3 hours of Indianapolis Speedrome Figure 8 Enduro Mania! How many Tunnies will be in the field? Which one will win? Will there be a Twitter slap-fight highlighted on the broadcast? There's one way to find out!

We don't have an exact start time yet, but we're planning to get wrapped up prior to 8:30 p.m. Eastern, so stay tuned. Link is in the OP.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Starting the 1981 race right now!

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

e; fb

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

It is time to continue a new Christmas tradition! Yes, SASCAR Winter Heat Presents the 3rd Annual World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro Christmas Watch Party. That's right! There's a 3-hour figure 8 endurance race with 800hp cars, hot pit stops, more finishers than starters, and drivers with balls as heavy or heavier than their right foot as they careen through the intersection thousands upon thousands times. We're going to get together to watch it on Christmas day!

The fun begins at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25 with a one-hour pre-show of various Winter Heat favorites. You'll see Tuff Trucks, backwards drag racing (with a twist!), questionable class racing, Dumb poo poo, and yes—cars will fly. The main event, a 4-hour live race broadcast of the 2020 Figure 8 3-Hour Enduro (3 hours for the race plus time for red flags and post-race stuff) will be shown via screenshare on the SASCAR Discord around 12 noon Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. GMT on Christmas Day. Things should wrap up around 5p PT/8p ET/Midnight GMT.

Normally, we do this on Cytube. However, the 2020 3-hour race on YouTube is an unlisted video with external embedding disabled, which means Cytube can't play it. Since most everyone is on Discord already, this year we are going to give it a try over there, which should hopefully bring more people in to see the madness. I think there's a limit of 50 watchers of a Discord live stream though? If it becomes a problem we can always just give you the link and you can try to sync up with everyone else.

We have setup a special #winterheat channel on the Discord, so please join us there on Christmas!

https://discord.gg/qjRQSDhuEt

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WindyMan posted:

It is time to continue a new Christmas tradition! Yes, SASCAR Winter Heat Presents the 3rd Annual World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro Christmas Watch Party. That's right! There's a 3-hour figure 8 endurance race with 800hp cars, hot pit stops, more finishers than starters, and drivers with balls as heavy or heavier than their right foot as they careen through the intersection thousands upon thousands times. We're going to get together to watch it on Christmas day!

The fun begins at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25 with a one-hour pre-show of various Winter Heat favorites. You'll see Tuff Trucks, backwards drag racing (with a twist!), questionable class racing, Dumb poo poo, and yes—cars will fly. The main event, a 4-hour live race broadcast of the 2020 Figure 8 3-Hour Enduro (3 hours for the race plus time for red flags and post-race stuff) will be shown via screenshare on the SASCAR Discord around 12 noon Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. GMT on Christmas Day. Things should wrap up around 5p PT/8p ET/Midnight GMT.

Normally, we do this on Cytube. However, the 2020 3-hour race on YouTube is an unlisted video with external embedding disabled, which means Cytube can't play it. Since most everyone is on Discord already, this year we are going to give it a try over there, which should hopefully bring more people in to see the madness. I think there's a limit of 50 watchers of a Discord live stream though? If it becomes a problem we can always just give you the link and you can try to sync up with everyone else.

We have setup a special #winterheat channel on the Discord, so please join us there on Christmas!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

https://discord.gg/qjRQSDhuEt

Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got love in my Tunny, and I feel like loving you.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Whoops, we forgot to bump the thread. Still plenty of race to go so .

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'd never seen the Little 500 until right now and, once you've seen one, you want to see them all.

We should do a Little 500 goonwatch.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'd never seen the Little 500 until right now and, once you've seen one, you want to see them all.

We should do a Little 500 goonwatch.

YES

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Wait are you talking about the Anderson Little 500 or the Breaking Away Little 500

Because both are

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There used to be racing the Sunday before the Daytona 500, but that's not happening this year. So, we're going to make it happen. Join us at 3pm EST as we pre-game for The Big Football Contest with old Gatorade 125s from the days when they actually mattered.

Tentative schedule:
3pm EST: Gatorade Duels. Confused? You should be!
3:15pm EST: 1993 Gatorade 125s
4:35pm EST: 1997 Gatorade 125s (with intro explaining the format for the races)

I had considered throwing in the 2005 Gatorade Duels, which were particularly memorable, but the shortest video I can find is over 2 hours long, so we might save it for its own day. As for '91 and '97, I haven't watched any of these myself so these could be garbage but, hey, one way to find out!

We'll be back on CyTube for these. Link in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

There used to be racing the Sunday before the Daytona 500, but that's not happening this year. So, we're going to make it happen. Join us at 3pm EST as we pre-game for The Big Football Contest with old Gatorade 125s from the days when they actually mattered.

Tentative schedule:
3pm EST: Gatorade Duels. Confused? You should be!
3:15pm EST: 1993 Gatorade 125s
4:35pm EST: 1997 Gatorade 125s (with intro explaining the format for the races)

I had considered throwing in the 2005 Gatorade Duels, which were particularly memorable, but the shortest video I can find is over 2 hours long, so we might save it for its own day. As for '91 and '97, I haven't watched any of these myself so these could be garbage but, hey, one way to find out!

We'll be back on CyTube for these. Link in the OP.

In the words of Leigh Diffey, LLLLLLLLLLET'S GOOOOOO!: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat