Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, stop me if you've heard this before: rain delay in Cup this year.

So, have you some TNN Motor Madness Rain Delay Theater: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rain Lightning Delay Theater coming to you from Miami with the 1988 IMSA Camel Grand Prix: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cup is delayed at Talladega so I can't think of anything better than to pass the time with :siren: ARCADEGAAAAA :siren:

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm considering watching old Gatorade 125s and or IROC races in the channel soon. Why? They're relatively short. Will they be any good? One way to find out!

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
I have a better idea!

I was checking to see if the 2020 World Figure 8 Championships 3-Hour had been posted. It has!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84cr26wpyk

But holy poo poo there's even better news! This was actually posted two months ago as an unlisted video. I only found it after I had started this post. Instead of the 2020 race, I had initially found loving gold:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ1hsoHGeteHwJwtn3Mzj1bv1PHG44MwW

It's a playlist with 28 out of 41 of the races between 1980 and 2020. Only when I took a second look through it to count the races up, did I realize that 2020 was posted in it as well. Hell yeah!

Christmas has come early for Winter Heat!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WindyMan posted:

I have a better idea!

I was checking to see if the 2020 World Figure 8 Championships 3-Hour had been posted. It has!

But holy poo poo there's even better news! This was actually posted two months ago as an unlisted video. I only found it after I had started this post. Instead of the 2020 race, I had initially found loving gold:

It's a playlist with 28 out of 41 of the races between 1980 and 2020. Only when I took a second look through it to count the races up, did I realize that 2020 was posted in it as well. Hell yeah!

Which Tunny is gonna win? Tune in to find out! :munch:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

I have a better idea!

Praise be to WindyMan for he is good. Are the old ones in their entirety or shorter?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Praise be to WindyMan for he is good. Are the old ones in their entirety or shorter?

Amazingly most of the older ones appear to be in their entirety!

Truly, a Christmas miracle!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Come one, come all, for 3 hours of Indianapolis Speedrome Figure 8 Enduro Mania! How many Tunnies will be in the field? Which one will win? Will there be a Twitter slap-fight highlighted on the broadcast? There's one way to find out!

We don't have an exact start time yet, but we're planning to get wrapped up prior to 8:30 p.m. Eastern, so stay tuned. Link is in the OP.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Starting the 1981 race right now!

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

e; fb

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

It is time to continue a new Christmas tradition! Yes, SASCAR Winter Heat Presents the 3rd Annual World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro Christmas Watch Party. That's right! There's a 3-hour figure 8 endurance race with 800hp cars, hot pit stops, more finishers than starters, and drivers with balls as heavy or heavier than their right foot as they careen through the intersection thousands upon thousands times. We're going to get together to watch it on Christmas day!

The fun begins at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25 with a one-hour pre-show of various Winter Heat favorites. You'll see Tuff Trucks, backwards drag racing (with a twist!), questionable class racing, Dumb poo poo, and yes—cars will fly. The main event, a 4-hour live race broadcast of the 2020 Figure 8 3-Hour Enduro (3 hours for the race plus time for red flags and post-race stuff) will be shown via screenshare on the SASCAR Discord around 12 noon Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. GMT on Christmas Day. Things should wrap up around 5p PT/8p ET/Midnight GMT.

Normally, we do this on Cytube. However, the 2020 3-hour race on YouTube is an unlisted video with external embedding disabled, which means Cytube can't play it. Since most everyone is on Discord already, this year we are going to give it a try over there, which should hopefully bring more people in to see the madness. I think there's a limit of 50 watchers of a Discord live stream though? If it becomes a problem we can always just give you the link and you can try to sync up with everyone else.

We have setup a special #winterheat channel on the Discord, so please join us there on Christmas!

https://discord.gg/qjRQSDhuEt

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WindyMan posted:

It is time to continue a new Christmas tradition! Yes, SASCAR Winter Heat Presents the 3rd Annual World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro Christmas Watch Party. That's right! There's a 3-hour figure 8 endurance race with 800hp cars, hot pit stops, more finishers than starters, and drivers with balls as heavy or heavier than their right foot as they careen through the intersection thousands upon thousands times. We're going to get together to watch it on Christmas day!

The fun begins at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25 with a one-hour pre-show of various Winter Heat favorites. You'll see Tuff Trucks, backwards drag racing (with a twist!), questionable class racing, Dumb poo poo, and yes—cars will fly. The main event, a 4-hour live race broadcast of the 2020 Figure 8 3-Hour Enduro (3 hours for the race plus time for red flags and post-race stuff) will be shown via screenshare on the SASCAR Discord around 12 noon Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. GMT on Christmas Day. Things should wrap up around 5p PT/8p ET/Midnight GMT.

Normally, we do this on Cytube. However, the 2020 3-hour race on YouTube is an unlisted video with external embedding disabled, which means Cytube can't play it. Since most everyone is on Discord already, this year we are going to give it a try over there, which should hopefully bring more people in to see the madness. I think there's a limit of 50 watchers of a Discord live stream though? If it becomes a problem we can always just give you the link and you can try to sync up with everyone else.

We have setup a special #winterheat channel on the Discord, so please join us there on Christmas!

:getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

https://discord.gg/qjRQSDhuEt

Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got love in my Tunny, and I feel like loving you. :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Whoops, we forgot to bump the thread. Still plenty of race to go so :getin:.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'd never seen the Little 500 until right now and, once you've seen one, you want to see them all.

We should do a Little 500 goonwatch.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'd never seen the Little 500 until right now and, once you've seen one, you want to see them all.

We should do a Little 500 goonwatch.

YES

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Wait are you talking about the Anderson Little 500 or the Breaking Away Little 500

Because both are :krad:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There used to be racing the Sunday before the Daytona 500, but that's not happening this year. So, we're going to make it happen. Join us at 3pm EST as we pre-game for The Big Football Contest with old Gatorade 125s from the days when they actually mattered.

Tentative schedule:
3pm EST: Gatorade Duels. Confused? You should be!
3:15pm EST: 1993 Gatorade 125s
4:35pm EST: 1997 Gatorade 125s (with intro explaining the format for the races)

I had considered throwing in the 2005 Gatorade Duels, which were particularly memorable, but the shortest video I can find is over 2 hours long, so we might save it for its own day. As for '91 and '97, I haven't watched any of these myself so these could be garbage but, hey, one way to find out!

We'll be back on CyTube for these. Link in the OP.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

There used to be racing the Sunday before the Daytona 500, but that's not happening this year. So, we're going to make it happen. Join us at 3pm EST as we pre-game for The Big Football Contest with old Gatorade 125s from the days when they actually mattered.

Tentative schedule:
3pm EST: Gatorade Duels. Confused? You should be!
3:15pm EST: 1993 Gatorade 125s
4:35pm EST: 1997 Gatorade 125s (with intro explaining the format for the races)

I had considered throwing in the 2005 Gatorade Duels, which were particularly memorable, but the shortest video I can find is over 2 hours long, so we might save it for its own day. As for '91 and '97, I haven't watched any of these myself so these could be garbage but, hey, one way to find out!

We'll be back on CyTube for these. Link in the OP.

In the words of Leigh Diffey, LLLLLLLLLLET'S GOOOOOO!: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, racing fan! Do you like racing? (Yeah!) Do you want something to do to kill time that's quasi-social? (Of course!) Then you're gonna love SASCAR WINTER HEAT 2021!

But it's not just ANY Winter Heat! It's LITERALLY Winter Heat!

OG Winter Heat! Wow!

Yes, after like 9 years of having variations of this channel, we're finally going to watch the namesake for the channel. YouTube appears to have the complete slate of races from 1994-96 and also at least one from 1997 with a very babyfaced Kurt Busch!

Plus, they're all 1:30-2 hours, so it's not a huge time investment! And, your favorite bumpers are back, featuring at least one dead guy!

Keep an eye on this thread or the #winterheat-streaming channel in Discord for show times!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hey you, get in to my car! Who me?
Yes you, get in to my car
Woooooooooh Wah! Hey

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

algebra testes posted:

Hey you, get in to my car! Who me?
Yes you, get in to my car
Woooooooooh Wah! Hey

Alright, let get this thing rolling.

It's been brought to my attention that the Bubba Wallace E60 special is on at 7:30pm EST (ESPN), so we'll get this thing rolling after it ends at 9. We'll do the first two of five races in 1994.

On the card TONIGHT! (All times Eastern)

9:05pm: 1994 Winston West Winter Heat 200 (TNN- Mike Joy, Buddy Baker, Glenn Jarrett)- Mike Chase and Ron Hornaday duke it out to win the championship!
Approx. 10:35pm: 1994 Featherlite Southwest Tour Winter Heat 200 (TNN- Glenn Jarrett, Buddy Baker, Ralph Sheheen)- This race has both the same name and same Ron Hornaday as the first race, as he and Gary Evans apparently have a bit of a feud going on. Let's see how it shakes out.

Both of these races are right at 1:30, so we should be done by Midnight EST.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 14, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Alright, let get this thing rolling.

It's been brought to my attention that the Bubba Wallace E60 special is on at 7:30pm EST (ESPN), so we'll get this thing rolling after it ends at 9. We'll do the first two of five races in 1994.

On the card TONIGHT! (All times Eastern)

9:05pm: 1994 Winston West Winter Heat 200 (TNN- Mike Joy, Buddy Baker, Glenn Jarrett)- Mike Chase and Ron Hornaday duke it out to win the championship!
Approx. 10:35pm: 1994 Featherlite Southwest Tour Winter Heat 200 (TNN- Glenn Jarrett, Buddy Baker, Ralph Sheheen)- This race has both the same name and same Ron Hornaday as the first race, as he and Gary Evans apparently have a bit of a feud going on. Let's see how it shakes out.

Both of these races are right at 1:30, so we should be done by Midnight EST.

And we're off.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Friday. FRIday! FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! TONS OF TUN(NIES)! FIGURES OF EIGHT! SO GOOD, IT'S REAL GOOD! CHRISTMAS!

Good news, everyone!

It was thought that the 2021 Figure 8 Enduro World Championship Fun Times Race from Indianapolis Speeddrome wasn't on YouTube but, in a holiday miracle, it turns out it's on YT and embeddable!

As a result, for the fourth straight year, we'll be having the Winter Heat Christmastravaganza with the above-mentioned race as our gift to you! If you've never seen this, it's unironically as good as it sounds, especially with Low Budget TV being the broadcaster!

We're running this Friday in an effort to avoid the AEW show Christmas night. Tentative start time Friday (Christmas Eve) is 8pm EST/5pm PST. (If for some reason the 2021 video is taken off YT between now and then, the 2017 race is our backup).

WINTER HEAT 1994 CONTINUES

The next installation of Winter Heat '94 from Tucson makes NASCAR history, as the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series makes its debut in an exhibition race! (It was actually the first race run that year, but I'm an idiot and didn't pay attention to the order of the races.) No set date for this one yet (I'm projecting next week), but the length of the video means it'll be a standalone night.

The third and final WH '94 night will be a doubleheader of the second-ever CTS exhibition race and Super Late Models. How many of these will Ron Hornaday appear in? Stay tuuuuuuned.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's a race you don't have to start or finish to win! "No, that can't be!", you exclaim, to which I say "Actually, yeah, that's p accurate".

It's the flagship event of the SASCAR Winter Heat season. Not that there's much of a season right now, per se, but we really need to work on that. And it starts in 17 minutes:

e-

quote:

[21:16:40] MissingDonut: Woah
[21:16:42] JingleBells: You can't park there sir
[21:16:43] CBJ: YES
[21:16:44] Banzai3: that was highly competent
[21:16:44] ElitistBitch: hahahaha
[21:16:53] Banzai3: nascar drivers at cota didn't do that good
[21:16:55] Mike_Takumi: Sir, this is not a Wendy's
[21:17:09] WindyMan: 2h12m to go
[21:17:10] of this
[21:17:12] of all of this
[21:17:21] Banzai3: :sickosyes:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 25, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Today is New Year's Eve! But, because most people have said ":lol: thanks, I'm not ringing in the new year with Omicron", including my friend group who cancelled their NYE party, some of us are looking for stuff to do.

That means WINTER HEAT 1994 NIGHT 2, featuring the third Winter Heat 200 of the watchthrough.

TONIGHT! Mike Joy...drives a NASTRUCK. Buddy Baker...drives a NASTRUCK. And Glenn Jarrett...drives a NASTRUCK. And then some other guys become the first drivers to race a NASCAR Craftsman Truck.

Plus! Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Jeff Burton watch the last 80 laps of the 2001 EA Sports 500.

Approximate start times (final times pending Goon feedback):
9pm EST: NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Winter Heat 200 #1 (2:01)
11:05pm EST: NASCAR Throwbacks: 2001 Talladega (30 min)

And whatever other other random fun stuff you might want to add to the playlist. We've got some backwards drags we can burn off, too.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 1, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

In 2020, NASCAR moved the FirecrackerPepsiCoke Zero 400 to August because they'd had issues with weather.

Since things are going so well this weekend in August, let's watch old stuff!

Bumpers start now, then Dale Jr and company calling the 2001 Pepsi 400 and something I've had in my Watch Later list for a long time that's completely random!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT/cannotfindserver is starting a new playthrough of NASCAR Dirt to Daytona this Sunday at 1pm at  twitch.tv/cubivoresa

E- also, Dave W on YouTube randomly streams racing and is currently showing Midgets from Winchester 1996. https://youtube.com/user/de31168

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 17, 2022

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well i wanted to start dirt to daytona today but i got less than an hour of sleep last night and have been trying to get back to sleep since 2am. so uh, see you next weekend i guess, unless i wake up before, let's say, 5pm eastern.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/xocHahDkXEo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://youtu.be/sQ-j-NGppdw

Dave W is streaming tonight with the lead off being the final Busch race at old Atlanta from 1997.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE :siren:

SASCAR Winter Heat Christmannukwanzaa Spectacular V! Christmas Eve, 7pm EST

Tunnies! Figure 8 Enduros! Bumpers! A Goon Becoming Physical With a Dead Guy! TRUCKS!

More details in the SASCAR Discord #winterheat-streaming. CyTube hurr: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Tunnies! Figure 8 Enduros! Bumpers! A Goon Becoming Physical With a Dead Guy! TRUCKS!

More details in the SASCAR Discord #winterheat-streaming. CyTube hurr: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

This starts in one minute with an undercard of VIOLENT BARBIE JEEP RACING. You know you want to see it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :siren:, we're doing this again this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Christmas Eve, 6pm EST, it's the VIth Annual Christmannukwanzaatravaganza! Now with an earlier time to allow Euro Goons to bask in the glory that is Tons o' Tunnies: cars going in Figure 8s for THREE HOURS STRAIGHT!

Also, maybe some other stuff people have put in the Winter Heat Discord!

E- Christmas Eve, not Night, dumbass.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 22, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The YT video of the Figure 8 race has 17 minutes 40 seconds of pre-race ceremonies, etc. In the interest of y'all having things to do (and some of y'all living in Europe) and trying to make this nice and round, we're shooting for the green flag of the main event to be at or around 6pm EST.

Expected schedule of events for tonight:
5:30pm- Bumpers, filler, and holiday randomness.
Approx. 5:45pm- Figure 8 pre-race.
Approx. 6pm- Start, 47th annual World Figure 8 Championship (3 hours)

From there, we can either keep going with truck drag racing and IMSA from Road Atlanta or do those another time.

As a few of you are tied up tonight, we may re-run this again at a later date.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

The YT video of the Figure 8 race has 17 minutes 40 seconds of pre-race ceremonies, etc. In the interest of y'all having things to do (and some of y'all living in Europe) and trying to make this nice and round, we're shooting for the green flag of the main event to be at or around 6pm EST.

Expected schedule of events for tonight:
5:30pm- Bumpers, filler, and holiday randomness.
Approx. 5:45pm- Figure 8 pre-race.
Approx. 6pm- Start, 47th annual World Figure 8 Championship (3 hours)

From there, we can either keep going with truck drag racing and IMSA from Road Atlanta or do those another time.

As a few of you are tied up tonight, we may re-run this again at a later date.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

As always, SMIFF TV is a good source for old NASCAR races from the winston cup days