Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
'Playing' Detroit Become Human and it definitely seems like the least aggresively dumb out of the David Cage games. The gameplay is still the same inane dogshit 'press butan' stuff, but the story has some decent reactivity. Not Alpha Protocol levels, but way more than any Telltale game. So far I've finished it once and there seemed to be a decent amount of branching opening up around mid-way, some even leading to completely different chapters I think.

Started a second playthrough where I intend to just antagonize everyone and be a colossal fuckup and see what happens. Got to Kara's chapter and looks like I deleted Alice from the story, lol
It could have been a decent game if it wasn't a CYOA movie.

Also you can lead a slave rebellion and shoot some cops. The resolution of that path is surprisingly decent,. I was expecting a standard vidyagame libbrain 'violence bad' take, but you do kinda achieve your goals by the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

On that note, no one buy Beyond Two Souls even on sale, that one is loving dire. First in a long time when I actually got mad at a vibeojame. Just an insanely creepy story about David Cage's dream teen waifu.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

sebmojo posted:

naw it was fine, basically 11 from stranger things, just make sure you don't hook up with sleazy cia guy which the game seems to want you to do. why did you think it was creepy? murdering people with your poltergeist bro was entertaining.

Yeah, it was that. A CIA spook grooms the teen Ellen Page into a relationship and also to be a killer for the imperialism factory. Like, he takes her from her parents, then observes her throughout her training and immediately starts creeping once she's like 18 or maybe earlier. I don't remember the timeline, but her character is supposed to be I think early 20s by the very end.

You can reject him at every point, but he never really goes away and the game always assumes there is something between them to some degree. It's gross as gently caress. At the very end you can let the fucker die, but it's framed as heroically sacrificing himself for his twue wuv or whatever.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Did anyone here play Heaven's Vault? It has kinda similar vibe to Outer Wilds in that you're an archaeologist trying to piece together history and what the world even is by exploring ruins and translating an ancient language. Supposedly it's got branching paths depending on what information you uncover. I got onto it for a while, very interesting though low production values. Travelling became kinda tedious so I stopped somewhere mid way I think.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

yea but doing everything you can to not find your gun, name or badge is very funny

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Going back to the topic of good-rear end exploration games, INFRA is 75% off and yall should try it. It's 20hrs straight of chill wandering through abandoned factories, tunnels and concrete buildings, full of secrets and notes and documents to discover. It's really one of my favorite and most unique gaming experiences.

If it makes any sense, it's like what if donoteat01 was a vidyagame.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Zerilan posted:

Picked up Outer Wilds and Monster Train on summer sale and had p4g gifted to me. Have maybe $15-20 to spend still. Looking for something really story-driven/emotional. Any suggestions?

Yakuza 0 is for like $10 right now

It will make you feel all the emotions

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

smarxist posted:

a time loop where all of your progress resets constantly is basically a nightmare to my gaming sensibilities, it's a big reason i couldn't stand Majora's Mask

The secret to OW is that you're not really losing anything on reset. There's no "progress" in the sense that there aren't any items to gather, quests to complete or npc to talk to to advance the plot. The only progress is the information about the world that you the player gather by exploring it.

Each iteration you want to get to one specific place. If you get there, it will usually contain a hint on how to get somewhere else, or about the mechanics of one of the puzzles. That's it, once you get into it there's no stress about losing, because there's nothing important to lose. Everything that you need is open to you from the start.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

i say swears online posted:

imo there's really no substitute for factorio. worth every penny. best podcast game ever

True, but Satisfactory is also very good. You can walk around and behold your endless steel and concrete megafactories from the inside, which is the one experience missing from Factorio.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

i say swears online posted:

oh my god the mars one

edit wow i need like six of those

eh, the mars one looks like 100% prerendered cutscenes

that biomutant tho

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Welcome to the Yoko Taro zone

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I did mandatory military service in my country, it was the most mind-numbingly boring and inane 9 months of my life. For a good few years after I used to have recurring dreams where it would turn out that all this time I was actually on an exteded leave, and I would have to go back to the base juuust for another month more. Not forever, not for a year, it was always just one more month and it somehow was the worst possible option, like the most intense 'gently caress my life' feeling you can imagine.

Thank you for listening to my dream story in the vibeo juegos thread.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Should be enough to get all the Yakuzas

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

TTS is on sale like every other month

And if you're the kind of weirdo that likes impenetrable engineering boardgames, it has an official free mod for Phil Eklund's upcoming High Frontier 4ed. Can't wait till october when I can finally spend a whole day with my weirdo friends calculating fuel usage and transfer orbits.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Iakona posted:

I beat tlou 2 a couple days ago, and I just haven't felt like playing anything since. gently caress that game. I forced myself to play tlou1 like 4 years ago on ps4 and finally really got into it, and enjoyed the poo poo out of it. I haven't been able to get into RDR2 or horizon, or witcher 3. So tell me goons what to suffer through until I enjoy it.

play Yakuza

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

ok fuckos, you made me buy Death Stranding, hopefully it's good

heard it described as Spintires on foot, so I'm ready to bury at least a 100 hours in it

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Xaris posted:

fyi if you want a modern Spintires, checkout/pirate Snowrunner

way ahead of you my dude, I have all the trucks

both versions of Spintires even

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

wanna play that DS, but I also wanna finish Yakuza Kiwami 2

man, gaming lyfe is hard

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

dead gay comedy forums posted:

yakuza 0 update

still at the beginning, but all I want to say so far is

holy poo poo the karaoke scenes

I literally couldn't hit a bunch of keys correctly because I was dying with laughter

my dude have you been to the disco yet??

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Frog Act posted:

furthermore I’m convinced nobody has ever done well in the Yakuza 0 disco mini game and that it’s actually impossible to do so

it's fine and good actually

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

doom eternal does suck tho

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Finished Kiwami 2. drat son, what an ending.

Now my body is ready for some Kojima

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I'm going in fellas, the Kojima game is starting

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

My thoughts after DS prologue chapter - I don't think reading about it on the internets has prepared me for how loving insane this game is. I love it.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I'm killing ghosts with my shidd and piss

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

drat DS is so good. When you come down the BT-infested mountain pass loaded with aid packages, see the port city in the distance, and then the music hits :eyepop:

You did it again Kojima

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Xaris posted:

It's good but is there a way to play music while i'm roaming around? A lot of time there is no music :smith:

You can just play music from your bracelet I think, same as when you're in your room?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Xaris posted:

Hmm ok i'm done for the night but I'll take another look tomorrow. I've only seem Music Player while in the room

welp, just checked and seems like you cant after all :( it's only in the room

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

Why won't any of you motherfuckers help me with the auto pavers?!!

I think the online material contributions are made when you rest in your private room.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Xaris posted:

That makes sense. I've been dumping a loving ton of Chiral into them but I still have to put like a bazillion Carbon stuff and emptyed out several stations already. Do you need to dump a little bit of contributions into them to make other contributions start appearing or just discover it an auto-paver first?

I'm only up to ch.3 (20 hrs lol), but based on what I saw, the game will dump about 75% of online contributions into the pavers, so that you never have more than ~1000 units of each material left to finish it. It's possible that you have to pave them in sequence, so that it will only fill up pavers within 1-2 segments of a completed road, but I'm not 100% sure of that. And of course, you'll only get contibutions in a connected region.

It might also completely build a segment if it's very cheap? In my game as soon as I connected the first central region, I got the first 2 coming out of the main city for free.

I like how it's balanced to both give you a sense of accomplishment, and also the illusion of working together with other people.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Lmao the pieces of ancient forgotten knowledge you collect in DS are posters of movies, bikes and music CDs Kojima likes. This is amazing

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

cool, Conan O'brien just gave me a cosplaying outfit, time to kill some ghosts with my piss

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Frog Act posted:

my bike is gone :(

Do some main missions and you'll have bikes for days. In the meantime, you can steal a truck from MULEs

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

do some main missions and you'll get plenty of gear to deal with MULEs

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

dex_sda posted:

Have 20 real by end of day 2. All skills are good, but Shivers is god tier. Go hog wild.

Inland Empire is also very worth it and has a p big payoff in the final encounter

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

It's really funny later on when you get an email from the Junk Dealer who's like "Oh wow it kinda sucks being married actually" after his defining characteristic was being pissed about his lost love.

even funnier when you also get an email from the girl later and she does walk back to her mother by herself

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

smarxist posted:

mostly I've just become completely obsessed with not embarrassing Kim and trying to surprise him when possible (in good ways), i loved the whole sequence with his car in the morning of the second day, we're gunna put those helium lamps in bud :unsmith:

and of course, I WILL be bringing communism back baby

strap in buddy

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Where's that one guy that spend a bunch of campaign funds on Steam games?

It was game singular iirc. He bought all Trainsim dlcs

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I'm finally doing a second Disco Elysium playthrough and going full speed into all of the worst thoughts at once. Fascism, race theory, neolib, boring cop, I think there's some MRA thing as well but I haven't found it yet. Also completely sober (seems like it would fit a purity-obsessed fashcop), all points in authority and physical stats, and I'm constantly aggressive with everyone. Predictably, it makes the game pretty boring and annoying, but the one upside is that Kim never had to pawn his sweet rims, because I intimidated Gerte into not paying my rent.

Also lmao at the nationalist thought that if you continue to follow will constantly destroy your morale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I played it a bit. I dug the aesthetic and writing of it, but felt like the gameplay needed more to do than just waiting.

Same, I dig the theme, the aesthetic, the whole idea, Messed around in it for ~15hrs but never got very far and it just gets too repetitive to hold my attention.