Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Saints Row 4 is fun af

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Giga Gaia posted:

they lost all the ff9 assets iirc so they'd need to totally rebuild the entire thing instead of what they're doing with these ff8 and ff10 remasters that dont need to exist

Are they aactually doingy anythign more than just upping the rendering resolution and upscaling the textures via some automatic method with these remasters? they could do that with 9. ai-based texture upscaling is pretty impressive.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

how do you lose everything used to make the 9th game in a blockbuster franchise lmao jeez o pete

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I got into Wasteland 2 pretty hard on release but I just stopped playing as I got to that super polite city I think it was and I never beat the game. Does it pick up at all after that? I remember it being a pretty slow game. I remember the skill/attribute system was pretty loving stupid too. Iirc like half the points you invest in attributes do nothing and a few of the skills are useless. Despite that I still really liked what I played but I hope they modernise the 3rd game a bit.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I want to like Stellaris but I just can't get into it. I only have the base game if that makes a difference. What's another game like Stellaris, but more... Engaging? Interesting? Closest thing to Stellaris I've played is Civilization which I really like but I'd prefer something space based.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

^^hm I will look at that too. I like Civilization so that in space sounds groovy

I haven't heard of distant worlds but I will check it out, galactic civilizations too. And whatever Aurora is

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Some more must play PS1 games:
Incredible Crisis
Brave Fencer Musashi
Tomba!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Doom '16 fukken rules :unsmigghh:

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Ayn Randi posted:

doom '16 ruled but the latter part drags because to scale up in difficulty it becomes more and more arenas with largeass bullet sponge guys linked by hallways. run and gun and shotgun imps in the face give me that poo poo i don't really wanna circle strafe a couple hellchonkers in a room with a railgun for 3 minutes again

Bosses worst part. Bfg the rest

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Way back I used to play Zoo Tycoon 2 a whole lot. I liked to build a really nice zoo, get a lot of people coming in, and once I had a poo poo ton of people in my zoo, I would build a fence in front of the entrance, trapping everyone inside, and then I would delete the animal enclosures and the animals would rampage and kill everyone :)

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I appreciate that AtomRPG, in letting me attempt to catch the bee, also gave me the choice of either crushing it once caught or releasing it outside.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I got the Gabriel Knight games because they were on sale and I heard they were good.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

Of course, the most infamous puzzle in the game – highlighted by this Old Man Murray article – is the one where Gabriel needs to impersonate Mosely in order to rent a moped. The first step is to steal his passport, which is done by placing a piece of candy in the hallway and snagging it from his pants while he’s busy unwrapping the treat. This in itself is weird, but not the oddest part of the puzzle. Anyway, Gabriel and Mosely look nothing alike. The logical step would be to find something to take a photo of Gabriel and then replace in the passport, but no, that would be too easy. (Strangely, you actually get a computer that makes fake IDs, but that doesn’t happen until later.) So, the first step is to steal his yellow jacket. Next, you need to hide the fact that Gabriel isn’t bald, so you need to find a hat. Then you grab a magic marker and draw a mustache on the passport photo to obscure the face. Now, Gabriel himself doesn’t have a mustache either, so you need to find a local alley cat, stick a piece of masking tape on a hole in a door, spray the cat with a water bottle in order to make it run through said hole, pick up the cat hair stuck to the tape, and then apply it to Gabriel’s face using a packet of syrup found in the dining room.

Hell yeah cant wait

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

idk what doom source port to use.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i downloaded destiny 2 cuz i never played a bungie game since halo 3 and i finished the tutorial and made it to the big city i guess and i have no idea what im doing or what i should be doing and apparently im maxed level already idk

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I remember the glitch from 2 where someone in a warthog passenger seat with a sword does a sword lunging attack at another person standing next to the warthog, then that person runs far away to wherever, and then the person with the sword gets out of the warthog and their lunging attack “completes” and they snap/fly to where the second person is, provided the path to them is clear, regardless of distance

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

It's apparently open source now if anyone's curious:

https://alephone.lhowon.org/

I never played these but i just cracked out on the first one and its pretty fun. I got to the third or fourth level with the trash compactor room and I think I broke the scripting somehow because the floor was obviously supposed to raise up to the exit door but it was stuck in place and I was trapped in the room. Surprisingly good looking for its age too, except for the player's hand/weapon, goddamn thats a pixely mess.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/irradiatedmemes/status/1180935761333542915?s=20

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I know writers who use subtext and they're all cowards.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

bouncing between warframe and fallout new vegas

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Over Easy posted:

The manuals for the firat two fallout games are excellent and big as gently caress and full of content

I see on eBay you can’t get them for less than $200.

Arcanum can be got for like $30 though.

American McGee’s Alice also came with a psychiatrist’s case file on Alice that was written such it presented an alternate real world look at Alice from her doctors point of view.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Pomp posted:

How much weed should I buy before playing disco elysium

drink vodka get naked

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

In Grand Theft Auto 4 I was speeding along so fast that when I crashed into a car crossing through an intersection it caught on fire. When it exploded it caught another car which in turn begin to burn before exploding which in turn caused even more cars burn and for ten minutes it was a self sustaining chain explosion of cars in a jam packed intersection as cars kept trying to push their way through all the wreckage before they inevitably also caught fire and then exploded.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

DE has wormed its way into my brain like few other games have. Everything I play from here on out that talks about choices and reactivity and even how well written it is will be compared to DE. Hell, even The Outer Worlds, which I've been looking forward to, has lost some of its lustre after playing DE, and DE isn't even trying to portray itself as the "Capitalism Bad" game like TOW is.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

this game is a goddamn time alchemist it takes the feel of 20 minutes and turns it into 2 actual hours.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I want to play a cryptid hunting/supernatural mystery spin off with Kim and the Protagonist.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

is there a map of revachol? or just pictures of it? I wanna see more of the environment, have a better idea of how everything is laid out

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Weird the book store lady said the maps weren’t for sale and I never got to look at them.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I wanna pummel that Sunday friend with my fists

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Perhaps a hamster posted:

This. It's not like I expected to warm up to him so much from first impressions either, but the kids started really growing on me from autopsy scene onwards.

But, what always astonishes me about people pearl-clutching about how "unpleasant" the Cuno thing is, is that most seem to hone in on the slur usage as the part crossing the line there, while somehow ignoring the fact that it's being used by disturbed, abused and drugged out children throwing rocks at a corpse. Like, you really think it's the language they use that's the biggest problem? Would they be more palatable if they were more polite about it?

based on what i know of liberals, yes

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

in disco elysium, where can i learn about the pale?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

is the only way to learn about the pale from Joyce is to pass that level 20 conceptualization check?

likewise the paledriver has nothing close to that topic I can ask about and the only related book I found in the store is about medicine that does nothing.

I’m trying to wrap up the church stuff before I go confront ruby

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

who was boycotting outer worlds lol

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

im having a really hard time giving a poo poo about any characters in The Outer Worlds, and the world itself lacks character. the whole game is starting to feel tedious. im so glad i didn't buy the $60 version.

idk if the main story gets up but even then every step of the way you get like 3 side quests to do in order progress the main quest, and every character just goes on and on with faux-folksy affect, goddamn just get to the loving point. I also don't like that you have to accept like half the quests offered before you get any details about what the quest itself actually is.

Proletarian Mango has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Oct 26, 2019

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Skills checks in Outer Worlds be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvu5Ephsqyk

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Playing 3D graphic alien planet game The Outer Worlds, getting flashbacks of Martinaise and how that little 2D slum district is way more interesting to explore

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Al! posted:

what are some good mods for new vegas

Autumn Leaves, a fan mod for New Vegas that blows all the writing in Outer Worlds out of the water.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Space Stalin has grown tired of these NPCs by the time I reach Monarch and now I’m killing everyone as I bum rush the main quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Parvati only cares about hooking up with another NPC and making sure all the boot lockers feel ok.