Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmfao if blizzard becomes an election issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

succ posted:

whats everyone planning on gaming on this weekend?
probably a few maps of TNT Evilution

Missed it the first time around so it's new to me and it owns

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Victory Position posted:

check out the Doom WAD Club over in Games if you haven't yet; it's really neat!

I've got it in my bookmarks! I plan to check it out once I'm done with the official episodes, and Evilution's the last one

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kinda seems like a common thread with resistance libs is getting real weird about asian people
Asians are one of the groups it's "okay" to be racist against, and nobody really thinks about anti-Asian racism or takes it seriously. So when a liberal wants to get edgy with their humor, Asians as a group have enough privilege and representation that they're seen as acceptable targets for whatever frustrations they want to express. Seth McFarlane's real bad about it in particular.

edit: hell, the other day I was telling my friends about Warren singing about yellow kids on TV, and their expression/body language was basically "who gives a poo poo"

:shrug:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol drat this game looks good, can't play any games that require any real time investment for the foreseeable future though so I'm gonna live vicariously through yalls screenshots and stories

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
So there's a map in TNT Evilution where you find a bunch of demons in an office with cubes and poo poo, some of them are even behind the desks

I started leaving them alive because killing them felt like a mercy. eat hot capitalism, demon scum

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

nice

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxi7eLqhT2M

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-fLQx_ccI

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Sup gaming thread, i just need to know, does someone actually say "she's the last of us, too!" in the last of us 2

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dewgy posted:

no, but based on the ign video review it has the best baseball bat to face animations since the original manhunt

Dammit, i wanted to believe so bad

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm going to agree that the city maps suck, and Hunted's gimmick got wearisome very quickly, but there's a certain tedium when you have to face-down a Baron of Hell and it feels like it takes way longer than it should because you either don't have the Super Shotgun, or the Hell Knight doesn't exist yet and so they couldn't put them in when they'd do just as well for the encounter.

On the one hand I agree, on the other I like the feeling of dancing around a Baron's attacks as I shoot him over and over with the shotgun and plink him down while I remain untouched

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/MarxIsMyNigga/status/1357208343375466497
https://twitter.com/MarxIsMyNigga/status/1357209180822716418

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I was playing Phasmaphobia last night when the power went out for our entire neighborhood. Decided to make the best of it and mess with my wife by calling out "Give us a sign" and "Are you friendly?" while navigating our home with our phone flashlights.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

babypolis posted:

pretty sure my wife would actually murder me if i did this

once i spooked her by just creeping up to her in a dark room and it made her cry lol

haha yeah, I have to be gentle but my wife at least lets me spook her a bit, every now and then. If there was some way I could've made both our phone flashlights start flickering last night I 100% would have

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Whorelord posted:

I find Hades really tedious to play for any real length of time and I've also found all the characters to range from boring to really loving annoying, even though I was told that they're one of the good things about it.

A lot of this game feels like a mobile game with microtransactions, I feel like I should be able to buy gemstones and keys or whatever with real currency. It's weird.

You can trade for higher value currencies at the wretched broker

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Durf posted:

I enjoyed the story and characters but thought there was more to Hades after the Credits Ending (when you bring Persephone back home), but apparently that's it?

They keep teasing the Olympians finding out and I was expecting something to happen.

They hint that something might happen after you max relationships with all the gods, but who has time for that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hades 2 and the final boss is Kratos

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Zelda 2 was the Dark Souls of its time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Xaris posted:

goons love bioware. they want to suck and gently caress miranda and moridin

don't forget jacob's lovingly rendered cum gutters

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

running through a dark house with the spirit box in one hand and my boner in the other yelling "LET ME GARGLE YOUR BALLS"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmfao, the way this develops is funny as hell, don't skip this if you haven't read it already. The volcano god accidentally gets a taste for chocolates and starts demanding more and more junk food, eventually nearly quadrupling in size and getting so big it can't leave the volcano to exact its revenge anymore

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Suspicious posted:

He successfully killed himself

Sounds like he stopped the bleeding. Success!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Breakfast All Day posted:

in addition to the usual problem with any anti-war art, the problem with anti-anything games is youre generally supposed to have a good time most of the double digit hours youre playing a game, whereas you can stomach a movie making you miserable for two hours

this is why the future for anti-war games is in grognard games, because there you can be miserable for hundreds of hours

Or thousands!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Wheeee posted:

fond childhood memories of busting out axis and allies then by the time setup is complete nobody feels like playing anymore

I managed to play multiple games of A&A in high school. But that was only because I went to a military academy, and there were cadet cadre offices + a cadet cadre meeting room where we could leave a game set up for days. So we always had a game in progress going. It was one of my favorite board games, and I've never found a group willing to play it since then lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZMEdAIRY0

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I've tried multiple times to understand the kh plot including those dumbed down versions but nope it never makes any sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1ieehttdA

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

puve posted:

I want a light gun that works good on flat screens

Almost any handgun is light and portable enough for that purpose, and will work fine on a flatscreen

gl

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They should have stopped making RPGs after FFVII

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Forget that, where's my Ehrgeiz 2?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Good soup! posted:

that rpg mode was fun as hell

hell yeah I still have my save slot on an ancient ps1 memory card in case I ever get a chance to continue it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Augus posted:

im so hyped for people to mod JoJo characters into Kingdom Hearts

Eyes of Heaven was already kind of a Jojo Kingdom Hearts

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/Nimabyss/status/1360276500696686596

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
thanks for reminding me that I have the time AND the money now to pick up Disco Elysium and play it for the first time. I'm looking forward to playing it (and understanding the memes and discussion around it)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I got all the way to the door to the final boss of FF8 and for whatever reason had an epiphany that I didn't care about anyone or anything that was going on, so I just turned the game off and never looked back

Looked up the final fight & ending on youtube a few years ago out of curiosity and doesn't look like I missed anything

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Finally going to play Disco Elysium for the first time today! Managed to avoid almost any information except the main guy is a drunk so going in totally blind. :stoked:

e: Disco not Diablo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Got as far as "well we can't get this body down ourselves, let's go get help from the harbor" last night. Highlights include gaining the Hobocop thought (which I haven't equipped yet because I'm not 100% sure I want to commit to that yet, but it's very tempting), and trying to shoot down the body (and failing) twice. I was very tempted to give my gun to Cuno, if only he weren't 1000% likely to steal Kim's gun. I also tore open the curtains in the book store but stopped short of breaking down the door with the charms on it.

I'm a huge fan of Kim so far. Kim's a fuckin bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

grate deceiver posted:

You should break down those doors

I told the girl outside I don't believe in curses but I'm afraid of releasing the curse and ruining the annoying lady's business and condemning the girl to homelessness :ohdear: