Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

so uh

how 'bout that ubisoft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

new allegations or more fallout from old ones?

tommy francois was "allowed to retire" this morning amidst his allegations

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yeah, a new jimquisition is pretty much all that makes mondays tolerable for me and i just...love the recent crusade he's been on.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zhulik posted:

death stranding rocks so much lol

is it Actually Good or is it one of those games that gets a super uncritical reception because a poo poo ton of hype was built up around it and neither "games" "journalists" nor captial-G G*mers could break their collective self-induced mass hysteria to say it's actually poo poo?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

actually it got completely trashed on release by both critics and gamers and now that it's on PC everyone is playing it and enjoying it

ok, so the saints row 2 question, then:

because of mods, or because it's a good game?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hm, thanks. i'm currently debating spending $60 for the new gundam game that just came out, or a bunch of games on sale right now, death stranding being one of them.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i would love to force a polygon writer to sit through all five playthroughs of the original nier game and watch their brain break as the narrative falls apart and reforms through each ending

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

, again!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

boy that sure sounds like a fun game i'm missing out on, what with having full blown consolized fail aids and all

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm a huge carebear, and it's the pve content that's making itself a draw for me.

new gundam breaker was...well...you know.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

required elements of an rpg:

1. the ability to be a murderhobo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Terminal autist posted:

I will never read more than the title of a piece of ~~ViDeO gAmE jOuRnAlISm~~ and just judge them on that premise and I can assure you her premise is in fact poo poo. The story for every triple A game is poo poo and focused tested into the most moronic watered down filth your for the average gamer.

one of my favorite things to say is that games like the last of us or whatever david cage wankfest is getting attention are further removed from movies than a tom clancy looter shooter, simply by virtue of that game bearing the name of someone who wrote books that got turned into movies

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ok fine i bought the boromir UPS game

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

The rioting minorities are just as bad as the racist capitalists you see

george soros is a capitalist...

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i like my black army characters to sound like lance reddick

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Augus posted:

If Donald Trump were the villain of a AAA video game his stupidity and base, immature cruelty would all just be a facade to save his daughter or something

Like using war as a business, to end war as a business, and Make America Great Again? *crowd cheers*

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ok what the gently caress am i supposed to do when the invisible monsters are coming for sean bean in the mailman game?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Standing still makes them visible, they don't move much . Otherwise just crouch walk at angles with your little scanner antenna pointed at them . Hold your breath as much as you can

ahhh ok that's what i was missing. i mean, i knew what i was supposed to do (avoid them) but for the life of me couldn't figure out where they actually were

and it sounds like i'm gonna want to break myself of the "run around calling out all the time" habit i've already set for myself...

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

punished milkman posted:

really enjoying jim sterling using video games to talk constant poo poo about capitalism and AAA video james. this one is very good https://youtu.be/HlCWhtmQPvo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i played it a bit, didn't understand what i was doing, played it a bunch, still didn't understand what i was doing, and gave up. it looks like there's fun there, but i think this is a me problem, not a cultist simulator problem.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

atelier morgan posted:

cultist simulator is really cool but is written by a lovely sex pest so steal it if you're going to play it

it being written by an abuser and sex pest recontextualized the mechanics of dealing with cultists in a way that makes it Not Fun for me anymore, but ymmv

god dammit, game devs

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A Bakers Cousin posted:

hey so I went into the steam thread for the first time in a long time and look at the lovely posters there

judging by how many nights i had to pick my last roommate up off the floor after blacking after spiraling down the path of cocaine, mushrooms, and alcohol out telling me stories of watching kids getting raped and being prohibited by threats of leavenworth to not take the shot, i really don't think these steam kiddies actually want to deal with the hosed up rape scenario this guy is dreaming about

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i played a few hours of it on ps4.

it's okay. the gameplay is fine. i much prefer monster hunter, if that's the itch i'm trying to scratch, though.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ok guess i'm gonna free up some hard drive space and give hzd another shot

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

god loving dammit what the gently caress

ummmm hello, the GRAPHICKSZ?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i thought my favorite part of ac: odyssey was going to be the naval battles, it actually turned out to be slutting my way across ancient greece as kassandra.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is fortnite kill in america now?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

that's 100% the kind of poo poo that makes me glad i don't gently caress with gaming pcs.

full blown consolized fail aids is a small price to pay for consistent, reliable performance imo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

porque no los dos :smugdon:

honestly? i'm a lazy gently caress stoner. the mere specter of the possibility of having to troubleshoot An Error Message when I'm not on the clock as a Professional Error Message Googler and Fixer absolutely disgusts me.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

If that happens just give up on it forever. If you still wanna talk like you beat it watch an LP

i couldn't find the manual for the mobo i had and it was failing to boot with beep codes i had to research, and i gave up pc gaming full stop right then and there.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yeah i bought a pre-built gaming rig from sony. it's p nice.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

i'd vote for trump if he banned league of legends and fortnite. :hmbol:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is greedfall good?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sebmojo posted:

I live for that poo poo ngl

i used to, until i started letting capitalist assholes extract my job as value and return as little of that value back to me as they can get away with.

i'll even go so far as to say that i'm good at figuring out and fixing problems, but it's become so toxic as a means of self-preservation that i just can't stomach it during my leisure hours.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Chapter 2 and I already rage quit Death Stranding lmao

rivers are bullshit

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I checked, I was just over confident. Had ladders but they weren't long enough, or it looked like they wanted to place directing me down into the river.

My wife will be glad I got the dishes done, and I'll give it another crack tonight after dinner.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm really glad the chatter in this thread talked me into buying DS.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

dex_sda posted:

i will never forgive fortnite

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

really starting to dread that chirp that means Die Hardman is about to explain something to me I already know.

Sam, you'll need to put one foot in front of the other if you want to walk successfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i really don't like anything that's super esportsy as a rule. i've been told that the moniker for people like me is 'carebear'