Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So is Hordak Prime just a pretenderclone who took over? Because the Prime Guy having weird half-formed eyes is... weird for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

So is Hordak Prime just a pretenderclone who took over? Because the Prime Guy having weird half-formed eyes is... weird for sure.

The staff mentioned that the extra eyes are from a couple of his clone-brothers. He decided he wanted them more than they needed them. He's a walking temple to narcissism and it's amazing.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Yeah he's apparently trying to constantly improve himself and he sees the clones as nothing more than walking sacks of spare parts. Which is probably why Hordak was such a disappointment to him - he's not only not a good enough fighter, he's even too deformed to be useful for backup organs and body parts.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tsob posted:

It's pretty obvious that the First Ones co-opted the local magic of Etheria in some fashion, and that Mara could use it natively, so it's almost guaranteed that Adora will be capable of doing so as well. The use of a shape-changing object that can become any weapon is too good to pass, and the sword probably too central to She-Ra's identity to completely abandon either, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's either re-forged without First One's corruption or Adora can summon one that has not interference once she gets a bit more in-touch with her inner sage.

Actually, was Mara a First One? I assumed she was, but then, she could use Etherian magic with no training, which implies she's partially Etherian. Is that what makes a She-Ra? Mara was an Etherian raised by First Ones, while Adora was a First One raised by Etherians? You need a bit of both to be She-Ra?

I got the impression that the First Ones colonised Etheria way back when and after poo poo fell apart ended up integrating into the native Ethereans to the point no one remembers the distinction. (Though might have something to do with most of the Etherian ruling classes being human or humanoid) Given the implications Mara was kidnapped as a baby by Light Hope to get a valid administrator, and the implication the First Ones were ultimately xenocidal and willing to risk destroying Etheria to eliminate everyone else, that there's probably some race-coded locks on First Ones tech. (Though Light Hope having priorities set enough to give a native Etherian temporary admin status to set off the weapon)

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

The staff mentioned that the extra eyes are from a couple of his clone-brothers. He decided he wanted them more than they needed them. He's a walking temple to narcissism and it's amazing.

Huh, I thought they were fake decorative eyes because they never move or blink

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Stenis posted:

Huh, I thought they were fake decorative eyes because they never move or blink

You weren't paying attention, they do. Independently.

According to the same source, since all his staff are uniform clones, he customises his own body to stand out.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You weren't paying attention, they do. Independently.

According to the same source, since all his staff are uniform clones, he customises his own body to stand out.

Did he try jazzing up his outfit with a hat or tie first or did he jump right to the eyeball harvest?

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Hordak is absolutely the kind of creep who trades DKP for nudes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Bee posted:

Hordak is absolutely the kind of creep who trades DKP for nudes.

Nah. Guy's a sheltered manchild who grew up thinking he was a literal weapon. That kind of calculating horniness is well beyond him. Probably thinks babies are only made in vats.

I can see him walking through a marathon ERP session and thinking it's some sort of oblique training event for a raid static.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Historical tradition gave rise to the Horde troopers’ belief in the miracle that a man named Horde Prime would bring all glory back to them. And there turned up an individual who claims to be that man because he bears the name Hordak, in consequence of the code which decrees: “Horny is forbidden.”

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Darth Walrus posted:

Nah. Guy's a sheltered manchild who grew up thinking he was a literal weapon. That kind of calculating horniness is well beyond him. Probably thinks babies are only made in vats.

I can see him walking through a marathon ERP session and thinking it's some sort of oblique training event for a raid static.

Okay, you're right. Horde PRIME would do that. Hordak himself would keep missing that the raid's night elf priest is hitting on him despite how obviously irritated her irl husband is getting about it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean the guy didn't realize he was being lied to by a person who has like, three defining traits and the most prominent one he knows of is that she lies a lot.

Oblivious to social cues seems pretty obvious, yeah.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Hordak prime seems suspiciously into body modding to not be basically falling apart same as the rest and constantly replacing his parts with the parts of others as a means of keeping himself one step ahead.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Probably got a secret room of backup bodies and he just pretends to be perfect.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the artist's work, would you? I would enjoy more silly comics featuring she-ra characters.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the artist's work, would you? I would enjoy more silly comics featuring she-ra characters.

That would be Rae Geiger, one of the actual character designers from the show. They were responsible for Entrapta's design (among others, including DT) and they're a huge fan of both Entrapta and Hordak and them together.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 3, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CuwiKhons posted:

they're a huge fan of both Entrapta and Hordak and them together.

As are all correct people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Elfface posted:

Probably got a secret room of backup bodies and he just pretends to be perfect.

Hell, probably has a new clone body for every season.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

CuwiKhons posted:

That would be Rae Geiger, one of the actual character designers from the show. They were responsible for Entrapta's design (among others, including DT) and they're a huge fan of both Entrapta and Hordak and them together.

Cool beans, thanks for the link.

Also I just realized that Entrapta's dangling phone thingies are Emily and a cupcake. That's precious.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

When If I ever became a space dictator I'd just go full robotic. Can't give cancer to cold hard steel, universe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Horde Prime being basically Mr Sinister from X-men is pretty awesome.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

hordak is a loving nazi man. i hope he is dead forever and his fash dad gets killed too by the righteous she-ra who then abolishes the monarchy and appoints swift wind to establish a workers paradise

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The low key best part of this is that Sea Hawk's internal and external reactions are exactly the same :allears:

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh but seriously I posted:

hordak is a loving nazi man. i hope he is dead forever and his fash dad gets killed too by the righteous she-ra who then abolishes the monarchy and appoints swift wind to establish a workers paradise

Hordak is NOT a Nazi

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Look, if we're going to redeem Catra (and we almost certainly are) who tried to blow up the planet and kill everyone on it rather than concede defeat, we can probably redeem Hordak who is basically in the same net weight class of being a Traumatized Fuckup Child Soldier.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Captain Oblivious posted:

Look, if we're going to redeem Catra (and we almost certainly are) who tried to blow up the planet and kill everyone on it rather than concede defeat, we can probably redeem Hordak who is basically in the same net weight class of being a Traumatized Fuckup Child Soldier.
I can't believe I was watching Gundam all this time.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

If the finale has Hordak and Entrapta blasting off in a rocket to explore the universe I think I'll have gotten what I want out of this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ironslave posted:

If the finale has Hordak and Entrapta blasting off in a rocket to explore the universe I think I'll have gotten what I want out of this.

Yeah I'm down for that I think.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Ironslave posted:

I think this would be the happiest possible ending for everyone. Entrapta gets to see worlds she could have never imagined and learned things unthinkable on Etheria, Hordak gets to spend the rest of his days with someone who genuinely cares about him and doesn't have impossible expectations for him, and Etheria doesn't have to deal with the sticky moral situation of figuring out how to live with Hordak and Entrapta after their various war crimes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That sounds weirdly like that Transformers comic where the crew of the giant-robot-Enterprise includes Megatron who I presume everyone's too afraid to actually prosecute for war crimes and he personally is just done with the whole world conquering biz and wants to try something else.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That sounds weirdly like that Transformers comic where the crew of the giant-robot-Enterprise includes Megatron who I presume everyone's too afraid to actually prosecute for war crimes and he personally is just done with the whole world conquering biz and wants to try something else.

He actually used a bit of legal mumbo-jumbo to declare that his case could only be heard by Cybertronian versions King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, so the last 2/3ds of the series was about trying to find them so he could actually be put on trial. And the ending has the entire crew use their Improbability Drive to clone themselves into another universe so they could keep exploring after the end of the comic.

I swear I'm not making that up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yes, but it it's really pretty and doubles as a fashionable bangle. So it's a wash.

call me back when it doubles as a hair poof

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I got the impression that the First Ones colonised Etheria way back when and after poo poo fell apart ended up integrating into the native Ethereans to the point no one remembers the distinction. (Though might have something to do with most of the Etherian ruling classes being human or humanoid) Given the implications Mara was kidnapped as a baby by Light Hope to get a valid administrator, and the implication the First Ones were ultimately xenocidal and willing to risk destroying Etheria to eliminate everyone else, that there's probably some race-coded locks on First Ones tech. (Though Light Hope having priorities set enough to give a native Etherian temporary admin status to set off the weapon)

Eternia is pretty hardcore in this dimension. Can you imagine what He-Man must be like? :stonk:

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Eternia is pretty hardcore in this dimension. Can you imagine what He-Man must be like? :stonk:

I imagine it constantly

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Eternia WAS pretty hardcore, a thousand or more years ago. The Eternia of today is perfect for producing a Hapsburg-like Prince Adam.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Elfface posted:

Eternia WAS pretty hardcore, a thousand or more years ago. The Eternia of today is perfect for producing a Hapsburg-like Prince Adam.

The first ever character whose heroic super-mode gives him a less prominent chin.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Stenis posted:

I imagine it constantly

It's somewhere between Steve Reeves and :black101: and why we can't have nice things I'll never know

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

Hordak prime seems suspiciously into body modding to not be basically falling apart same as the rest and constantly replacing his parts with the parts of others as a means of keeping himself one step ahead.

Gonna laugh if the twist is Hordak is too good of a clone and that’s why he’s falling apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Gonna laugh if the twist is Hordak is too good of a clone and that’s why he’s falling apart

Lemee hit you with: It turns out the 'real' horde is basically a pack of meth addicted space hillbillies and horde-prime is mad jealous because Hordak comes back with a girlfriend and an army of his own so he tries to kill him and it turns out The New Horde with its fancy eternia technology beats the OG horde hands down because the OG horde is a pack of genetic dead ends and crappy robots and hordak is like 'why the gently caress did I ever wanna be like you, you thinly veiled allegory for inter-generational violence?' turns out he got thrown away specifically because he was too smart and competent for Horde prime to deal with.