Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Wildeyes posted:

I never watched the original, but my friend has been a big She-Ra fan since childhood, and she loves the new show. She told me she rewatched a few episodes of OG She-Ra and was forced to admit that the show, even though it was still nostalgic for her, was kind of garbage.

Anecdotes are not data, but this was my experience as well. My friend legitimately holds the original She-Ra's design as some kind of feminine ideal, so she never came around to new-She-Ras's look. But she fell in love hard with the other princesses. Especially Glimmer ("you don't ever see girls with her body on shows").

She also went hard for Netossa and Spinerrella and was angry we didn't see more of them.

I'm not sure why this is the show a certain class of people have chosen as their hill to die on, but there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU