Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

She-Ra being 5 seasons is I hope deliberate because aside from the typical "netflix cancels everything good" if they back away from the dreamworks collabs that's pretty dire for animated shows in general.

The show was greenlit for its full order from the start which seems to be how Netflix does the DreamWorks stuff.

Dragon Prince on the other hand seems to have hit the three season rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

I read about Legend of Korra recently and that was hugely important as one of the only examples of positive queer representation in youth focused animated shows.

She-ra takes that way up to including transpersons as treated just like nbd and a typical part of their society.

Korra's relationship was a bit sad because you could tell it was obviously plotted in a way to be easily removed if the network didn't like it and sadly we still see that today (though more in movies than TV.)

The way She-Ra handles them is so great because they're treated so normally.

I especially appreciate that the relationships run the spectrum instead of it being a gay relationship only show. That really helps ground it. It enforces that all of the relationships portrayed are normal (and for the most part healthy.)

Too many shows that feature exclusively one type of pairing (especially lesbian) feel like they're actually doing it for fanservice. She-Ra quite effectively avoids that pitfall.