Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Catra is great. I still can't tell if she's irredeemable, but she sure as gently caress wants to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nemo2342 posted:

I thought the only princesses that mattered were the scorpion ones

Oh hey, good point.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Maybe my favorite little moment in the show so far is just after this part, when child Catra looks teenage Catra dead in the eye. I still can't decide if that look means "This is what you're about to throw away" or "This relationship was never not hosed."

e: By the way, why does Seahawk have the negative space of an upside-down "A" in his shirt?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Is it just me or does this world have a really low population? The Horde seems to consist of about 10 people with faces and 100 without, each of the Princess enclaves has maybe two(!) to 30 people, and I don't remember any real crowd scenes ever. I don't know if I'm reading too much into a stylistic choice or if that's just how it is or what.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rand Brittain posted:

I really love this conception where Adam is 5% femme to Adora's 5% butch. It seems in keeping with the spirit of the redesign.
Yeah this rules. Give me that neckline on all his shirts and we're gold.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Typical Pubbie posted:

A bit generous with the art imo but this is the fairest review of the show I've read so far.

This game gets a million art points from me for the new character designs, so I'm more than good with an 8.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Super-progressive Star Trek was lambasted by its ‘fans’ when the new series Discovery was announced, and claimed to be falling under the influence of the dreaded SJWs. :jerkbag:

Which makes you wonder what kind of weird take they’d got from Trek all the years before.

The rule of thumb will always be that authoritarians don't understand most works of fiction. They just can't make sense of them.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Motherfucker posted:

Astrology is cancer.

Yeah, but people complaining about astrology is usually more annoying than oh it's a pun. God dammit.

Announce a season two air date you cowards

vvvv Catra (Vriska)

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 7, 2019

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hopepunk is a bad term because cyberpunk, funguspunk etc are all about hypothetical sci-fi societies themed on a unified aesthetic like zeppelins or computers or mushrooms, but fantasy life is awful in the same ways as real life because all the same mechanisms of oppression are still in place. The aesthetic (computers, gas, steam, whatever) is ubiquitous and usually instrumental to oppression. So what's hopepunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zane posted:

what the -punk affix has always more fundamentally denoted is a stylistic interest in lo-fi aesthetic and spunky attitude dressed up in the veneer of social criticism

I meant real -punk :smuggo: