Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I adored He-man when I was a kid, like absolutely loved it to death. Never watched any of the later reboots or remakes, I'm at ep 3 and really enjoying revelation so far. I loved all the callbacks to the toys in the first ep. Plus enjoying the jokes and the obvious affection that the show has for the original series.

Why are people so mad at this?

Now, the CGI He-Man image :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

I have no problem with the look of the CGI series from what very little we’ve seen so far (aside from the toy making He-Man look like Kirstoff from Frozen). As for the remakes/reboots, they’re not perfect but I’d say they’re all still worth a watch in my opinion.

Maybe it will grow on me. I think especially cringers armor, makes it try to look too "cool" and spiky but just makes me think of a Zoid and while I appreciate that the exaggerated proportions are an artistic choice it rubs against all my kid nostalgia.

I don't think I'd mind it as much if He-man was proportioned a little more... humanly. If he were less top heavy it wouldn't be rubbing me the wrong way.
It looks like a video game character that someone has bought a "he-man" skin for.
I'll check out those older series.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Wait, there’s a Cringer picture from the CGI show (I’ve only seen He-Man, Skeletor, and a leaked picture of what I assume is Sorceress)? Got a link?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Samus A-Man-At-Arms