Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
A week ago I decided to finally check this show out.

Show good. Watched whole thing. Scorpia best princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I into the show from the recommendation of a good friend of mine who is a trans-woman lesbian. She said the thing she saw in the show that she liked the best is that in the world of She-Ra, the concept of sexuality as we know it, doesn't exist. People are just into who they're into, and concepts like gay, straight, bi, pan, etc, don't exist because they don't NEED to. Her favorite character is Double Trouble, because she just loved that there was a non-binary character, voiced by a non-binary actor, and everyone properly used they/them pronouns to refer to them, even the bad guys. The show never relied on racism or homophobia as an easy way to show that someone is a bad guy.

The only character I didn't really like was Frosta. She felt like the writers went "Let's put Toph in our show, but take away everything that makes her interesting."

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

S Tier: Scorpia, Entrapta
A Tier: Mermista, Nettossa, Double Trouble, Sea Hawk, Wrong Hordak
B Tier: Bow, Perfuma, Catra, Spinerella
C Tier: Adora, Castaspella, Hordak, Angella, Glimmer, Shadow Weaver
D Tier: Frosta

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

Scorpia and Entrapta are undeniably at the top, I wouldn't put either over the other; Mermista is a close second.
While not a princess in title, I think Angella doesn't get anywhere near enough praise and I'd put her somewhere in the top third of the cast. On that note and deviating further from strictly princessess, Huntara is also superb, for the few minutes she has.

Huntara was amazing, yeah. I would have liked more of her as well. I liked everything to do with the whole wastelands area.