Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MechaCrash posted:

Speaking of reboots, Tranzor Z was brought up earlier. In the absolute loosest theory, you could do a Voltron: Legendary Defender with it where you adapt the adaption and ignore the source material. You could do that with Voltron because nobody gives a poo poo about the original show Go-Lion, which sucked and isn't even the show the people doing the adaption wanted (they wanted Daltanious and asked for "the one with the lion" without realizing how big that is).

Mazinger Z is very much alive and still getting new adaptions because people give a poo poo (and it's for sale in English by Discotek).

Yeah, I know Mazinger still exists. I just trust Dreamworks implicitly with any television show beloved in my childhood.

e: rocket pauuuuuuuuunch

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Do a reboot of Reboot's in-show reboot.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Wait, Noelle wrote a fanfic of her own show and now people are reading all of them to find the one which best matches her writing? That sounds awful.

I don't envy anyone taking that particular task on themselves, no.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Who the hell takes the time to write internet fan fiction about actual things other people have done? Now to take a big drink of water and open my let's play to

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
In case it wasn't clear I am not judging fan fiction writers because I write LPs.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pentyne posted:

Having read some true garbage urban fantasy stuff like Sherrilyn Kenyon I can safely say aside from spelling errors, typos, etc it's unlikely most fanfiction is going to be as bad as some of the stuff that actually gets published and sold in bookstores.

I have a whole rant prepared about how quality of writing does not equal success but it's mostly bitterness from being a semi-professional writer so uh

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cybertier posted:

Finished the show this weekend and got hit with many emotions. Maybe even had some onion-cutting happen around me.

Loved a lot about this show, but the top 3 spots absolutely go to:

Catra's Purrito-Scene
Catra (all of her :kimchi: )
Double Trouble

I will continue to post this until this thread shuts down but Catra's five season redemption arc in and of itself is a masterful piece of serial writing.

Catra saved the universe, prove me wrong

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Technically, Catra didn't save the universe, just Adora.

Technically. If you want to be a smartass about it.

Adora doesn't survive to save the universe without catra's pep talk, ipso facto :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I can't help but feel this thread is making fun of me :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

T-man posted:

The Ultimate Tsundre Move

I........it's not like I want to kiss so you so can save the world!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Darth Walrus posted:

Honestly, I'd say the most easily missable stuff if it's outside your personal experience is about the inner workings of narcissists and narcissistic parental abuse, which shapes a significant part of the show.

Yeah. One of the reasons I was rooting so hard for Catra was identifying with her lovely parental upbringing as the disappointment and wanting her to overcome that to be a better person. She had to spiral down and hit absolute bottom first, but at least she got there :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

T-man posted:

FOR THE HONOR OF DISCORD

here come dem big gay ladies :D

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The_Doctor posted:

<starts banging fists on desk>

MOVIE! MOVIE! MOVIE! MOVIE!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The_Doctor posted:

You mean the final title card?

The Big Gay Kiss is obvo a big deal but three episodes before that Nettossa was dip-kissing Spinerella full on the lips on the title card. It's blink-and-you'll-miss-it stuff :haw:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The_Doctor posted:

It’s Etheria, everyone’s bi.

Not Catra and Adora, they're gay as all hell

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
She-Ra movie starring Finn when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
still no word on when the movie that introduces Finn is, I think my Twitter isn't working right???