Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

HorseLord posted:

I can't really see Shadow Weaver as having any villainy at all, she just takes what side will have her. The only reason she's "Shadow Weaver" in the first place is that she attempted to defeat the hoard her own way, and suffered not only disfigurement but exile because of it. Her choice was death or Hordak at that point. Then Hordak has enough of her, she goes and crashes on Glimmer's couch, being useful and not taking up any of several telegraphed opportunities to betray them.

You can say that she treats her kids in lovely indefensible ways but I mean yeah, she's a mother, they all do that, it's baseline human behavior. Part of being an adult is deciding which way you pretend it didn't happen to you.

That's really Catra's problem. You either repress the memory and keep going around for sunday dinner, or you cut off contact, but here Eternia's top furry is going around destroying the world and poo poo.

seek therapy

like seriously this is yr reaction to an animated kids show

it's ok to have problems but not dealing with them is going to do even more damage to you long-term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

HorseLord posted:

I think you should probably not try and diagnose internet strangers just because you don't like them pointing out that being mean to kids is not on the same level as world domination or genocide.

i never pretended to know what yr problems are but i know pain when i see it

i'm sorry that empathy wounds you

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

ItWasMoida posted:

So how do people of feel at the end of S3 with Adora giving Catra the "Samurai Jack," eyes?

That was the highlight of the whole season for me. Just the look on Catra's face told me this was the first genuine time she was afraid of She-Ra .

for me it was a coda to s1e11 when catra (or maybe Light Hope loving with adora) threw the sword into the abyss before adora had to "let go"

amidst a re-watch rn but like swift wind getting to talk how catra got out of the sanctum is one of the bigger question marks of the show to date imo

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Ironslave posted:

They've mentioned having a series of 4 arcs of 12 planned. We're at the halfway point, assuming that still holds true.

it will. the 13 ep first season was a netflix test balloon and now they're gna release whatever whenever bc they have license to do so. all 52 eps will drop in some way or another.

now beyond that is a whole different beast but let's not get ahead of ourselves imo

Saucy_Rodent posted:

Yeah, we don’t need to diagnose people over being wrong about a show

therapy is for everyone; it isn't a diagnosis to want someone in pain to be well

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I believe there are many people here who hope you find yourself in a happier place with a healthier worldview.

pibbs gets it

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Saucy_Rodent posted:

Don’t pretend “get therapy,” as innocuous as the words themselves are, is ever going to be perceived as anything other than a cheap insult when posted on the internet and directed at someone you know nothing about outside of a few posts. After all, it’s almost always intended that way.

i know you have to have read the post at this point and it's weird that you feel the need to defend it

also sure it's difficult to ascertain tone from posts but assuming every post is hostile isn't healthy either

basically, don't diagnose me either? is that how this works?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm disappointed that they didn't have Catra meet Drunk Adora. Though that maybe might go badly.

you skipped s3?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
the twin currencies of etheria are friendship and survival. double trouble knows they're a utility player and wants to be on the winning side. when the tide changes, they adjust.

King of Foolians posted:

I’m pretty sure DT had a line about how they created Flutterina to be cute and pink to be the perfect persona to fool the Princesses. The impression I got was that “Flutterina” was made up whole cloth by DT.

also seems like maybe these kingdoms aren't as tight-knit as the princess alliance and don't know their neighbors all that well, allowing for this point with which i agree

kefkafloyd posted:

I was even thinking when watching the season "Oh, it's nice that even the bad guys don't misgender them."

this show is doing so much right but this was the most heart-warming touch. misgendering is weaponized and suffered in silence so often.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Taear posted:

[..] the episode "Hero" was one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen in all honesty. This is a good show and I'll be sad when it ends.

same, same, gotta boost this opinion and then cry some more

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

this is every show now tho (and every show since the internet)

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Chokes McGee posted:

on a related note the sword is a red herring, clearly the hair poof contains the power to transform into she-ra

yeah this is canon imo

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
jesus christ

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

pentyne posted:

Using "ace" as shorthand is convenient but everytime I see it I picture the classic 1950s greaser in a leather jacket and shades snapping his fingers pointing at something cool and saying "Aces!"

good thing it isn't yr call then! rear end

SEASON

FIVE

WHEN

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
[sp] it was perfect. [/sp]

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
i can’t stop thinking abt how Melog is “golem” spelled backwards

i also cry a lot bc this show wrecked me

e: these two points are unrelated i’m just kind of a mess

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

MonsieurChoc posted:

Catra never met Drunk Adora because it would have solved the plot instantly.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Same. But it would have solved everything right there as Drunkdora has no filters.

these are really weird + wrong takes wrt intoxicated ppl btw

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

“referring to” like sarcastically? bc you know that drunk ppl don’t tell “the REAL truth” when they’re drunk and that’s a stupid myth?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

MonsieurChoc posted:

We're talking about Adora being infected by a weird techno-virus here. As in, the way she acts in the show.

you were the one who started talking abt adora being drunk, not the show

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's situational. Alcohol breaks all inhibitors. I don't think

noticed

RareAcumen posted:

It's a joke of Adora being a fun drunk and telling everyone she loves them. Also she's totally oblivious about the fact that Catra really loves her for real so she'd get a different idea from hearing it from her.

this person gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

MonsieurChoc posted:

I dunno, the Princess Prom episode can sort-of be read that way.

in hindsight there is zero other reading and i felt kinda dumb for missing it

there’s other stuff too but since adora is also in the scenes you could be forgiven for thinking it’s abt both of them and not just Bow (it’s mostly abt Bow)