Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
this is a magical girl show for children. i think its more important to show characters being redeemed and accepted than it is to show them being somehow 'punished' for their crimes. punitive justice is a failure of society and a uniquely capitalist distortion of righteousness. god bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
odd how any time gays kiss it has to be hyperexamined to see if its a 'bad message to send to kids'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
there was a livestream where someone made a joke about the black kid picking corn in a field, i think

they just meant it to be a joke about him being a farmer but uhhh, very unfortunate implications

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
also a guy said 'dykes' but he was talking about a podcast with the word 'dykes' in the name, because one of the people on that podcast was in the stream, so that ones just dumb

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
the farmer joke was poorly thought out and would have been caught by anyone who had talked to a black person about it for five seconds, which speaks poorly to the racial diversity of the crew

however, there's a loooong bridge between that and the entire staff being virulent racists

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
I mean stormtroopers aren't nazis. They're cartoon villains with laser guns. If a dude's talking about how the empire was in the moral right in the movies that's weird, if he's just in the costume it's harmless. It's a fun recognizable design from a popular media thing. A guy in a stormtrooper costume doesn't embody a nazi anymore than a guy in a rebel uniform embodies french resistance fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

The problem with the Empire-centric stuff is more and more these days you run into people who call the Rebels terrorists but without irony. It does get... very unsettling sometimes.

yeah but most of the guys dressing up as stormtroopers for halloween or whatever dont fit into that type, is mostly my point