Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Team Catra >>> Team Adora and you all know it :colbert:

Catra actually being a princess wouldn't solve any of her problems in my opinion - if anything, I think it would only make her feel even more vindicated in rejecting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
New Huntara looks a lot like Lotor. White hair, dumb cute hair doodad, elf ears, yellow eyes and purple skin...

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Entrapta and Hordak are so loving CUTE :swoon:

I'm hoping that Mara being black but her She-ra form being white as shown in season 1 is either a case of 'oops we hadn't designed her in s1', or Adora picturing Mara's She-ra form as looking like her because she didn't know what Mara looked like and just pictured herself instead.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Labes for days posted:

It is, I love how they put it in there.

Also I’m shipper garbage so I’m continually amused by the people on tumblr who are opposed to the idea of Entrapta being in a romantic relationship with Hordak and instead want it to be a father/daughter type of thing. Which it is canonically not.

Hey same, it's weird that all the things that allegedly make him an awful partner are apparently ideal qualities in a father.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Azhais posted:

Doesn't She-Ra have some sort of guaranteed episode count? Not saying it won't be unceremoniously cancelled as soon as those are done, but I think we'll at least get whatever arc the showrunners planned

I think they've confirmed seven seasons total? Or six. One of the two.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
She also tries to cut Adora off from friends that are helping Adora improve her own lot in life and create a new identity and purpose for herself that doesn't revolve around Catra's ideal world, and blames Adora for it.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 25, 2019

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Hordak blushing at the imp saying 'Entrapta!' in his voice and then tearing up when Double Trouble reveals that she didn't betray him after all was not what I expected out of these season but by god am I here for it.

She's the reason why he didn't want Horde Prime to return deep down and now he has no memory of her and I :qq:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Does anyone else think Mara isn't dead? Like, why would she show up in the alt-reality, when there isn't a single other dead character who appears there too?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I wonder how Catra will react to finding out that Glimmer sent DT after her? I have no idea if she'd be upset or if she'd just accept it and move on, or even be surprised that Glimmer could do something like that.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Darth Walrus posted:

I think she probably figured it out. Double Trouble was very up-front with her about being a mercenary.

I don't doubt that she knew DT got paid off, I'm just wondering how she'll react to being face to face with the one who outbid her, especially if they have to work together to escape Horde Prime.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If you're not skipping every scene that doesn't have Scorpia in it you're not a true She-Ra fan.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Elephant Ambush posted:

Way to erase Double Trouble TERF

Double Trouble can disguise themselves as Scorpia at any time so they're technically safe.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Is anyone else suddenly very worried for Spinnerella? She's not in the trailer much (if at all) and Netossa is crying :smith:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Is that First Ones language? What does it say?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
New teaser clip!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I love the dinner with a bad guy cliche so much :allears:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Solid season although I gotta say, I was hoping Shadow Weaver could be the final boss. Oh well...

Also ENTRAPDAK LIIIIIIVES

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
The near-final scene where Hordak remembers finding baby Adora was so weirdly sweet.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Sheesh it's like some of you never shipped a hero with a villain before :colbert:

More serious note - there's been objectively worse heterosexual couples in children's media before with not a single raised eyebrow but for some reason when it's a gay couple suddenly they have to be paragons of virtue.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Booky posted:

they show up when bow's making his big speech late in the season, and rogelio also has one of hordak's baby imps(?) in a baby carrier thing

There's also been a cute piece of artwork released by Noelle maybe not her but somebody on the crew where they appear alongside what looks like a big collection of all the canon couples in a big wedding.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Zerilan posted:

I haven't watched since season 1. Is the new season the last one? Is it worth binging through?

Also feel free to spoil me slightly on if Catra continues becoming a worse villain or if she tries turning poo poo around eventually.

She eventually does, but it's gonna get worse before it gets better. Season 3 will really push your limits on how much you care about her, in particular, because that's Catra at her worst.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
This is hearsay but I remember seeing something about Glimmer's VA being confused if Glimmer and Bow were dating during a script read leading to Glimbow happening, which could be why it feels a little more last minute than other ships.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Pththya-lyi posted:

Someone made a She-Ra dollmaker. I'm still figuring it out, but I want to see your princessonas!

https://meiker.io/play/11592/online.html

I don't have a princessona but I did get shockingly close to an OC I had when I was like twelve. Might bring her back in a less OP form for D&D or something, it was fun remembering her thanks She-Ra!!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Darth Walrus posted:

They lay out what Shadow Weaver's deal is. She's a narcissist. She's got a small touch of humanity to her (unlike Horde Prime, who is narcissism incarnate), but she's just not wired right to be a decent, compassionate person, and the nature of her disorder makes it impossible for her to be wholly redeemed because that would require her to recognise that she might need help or treatment. Turning her inevitable death into a big heroic sacrifice was the best she could do as the person she was.

It also lets her live rent-free in Adora and Catra's heads forever so that was also probably a motive there.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Soonmot posted:

Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts was great, too.

And The Owl House!

Also people are really mad about entrapdak for some reason.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 29, 2020

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

SardonicTyrant posted:

I felt Horde Prime was a weak villain overall. All the other bad guys had nuance and reasons for being lovely people, which made it more entertaining when they did bad things for bad reasons. HP is just a straightforward bad guy.

I think he should've been a First One, like one of the OGs of their people. The non-Mara faction ones were already bad guys and their methods were pretty similar. Plus it'd be pretty cool for the First to be defeated by the Last.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Shadow Weaver's end makes perfect sense to me - she's lost all control over Catra and Adora, so she does and says the one thing guaranteed to let her live rent-free in their minds forever.

As for me I don't not like Catradora, and it was obvious as hell, but the whole 'Shadow Weaver's scapegoat/golden child pet project' mechanic puts a bit of a sour note on it for me, won't lie. Maybe I spend too much time reading the estranged parents thread, I can't help reading that as more familial than a traditional rivalry relationship. More a 'me' thing than a 'the show' thing, I think.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
That future came true :unsmith:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I've joined a billion gooncords, what's one more?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
That said apparently there's assholes looking for discord links to poo poo up roaming around, so probably best to PM individually when you do.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

ConfusedUs posted:

I just finished season 1 after a friend highly recommended the show.
- All three of the main good guys (Adora, Glimmer, and Bow) are are kind of bland in comparison. Both Glimmer and Adora have issues they work through, but they're not explored nearly as deeply as Catra's.

They'll get there - Glimmer started out as my least favourite for that very same reason and now she's easily in my top 5.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
IIRC there was a vague spoiler tweet before S5 aired where Noelle talked about adding a little religious trauma, and then oops a whole lot more happened.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Supremely late edit: well it's been a month since i rewatched the show so I think I got some details mixed up. Disregard.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 4, 2020

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Yeah like I didn't rate it too highly the first two seasons aside from the odd standout episode but it really pulled everything together for the rest of the series and a 'She-Ra Shippuden' or movie would be very much appreciated. Like a reverse Voltron.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm still devastated that my little cousin things she-ra is only 'ok' :(

IMO that's a good thing - there's so much more media like She-Ra and general LGBT+ positive content out there nowadays that people actually get to have options on what they like or don't like. There were no gay couples in the cartoons I watched growing up and it wouldn't be until I dipped into poorly fansubbed anime like Utena that I actually saw non-straight romantic interactions that weren't a homophobic joke. I was 15 when I watched that.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
This one.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
IIRC Glimbow was decided after one of the first script reads for the finale, where either Glimmer or Bow's VA asked if they were dating or not because they couldn't tell, and the response was 'eh why not', so that might factor into it feeling a little quick.

I thought it was likely after that one quick shot where Bow reaches for her in his sleep, but I will say I just saw them as friends before that.

Also Bow could be bi.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
IIRC they didn't know if they'd be allowed to go all the way with Catradora or have to censor themselves like Sailor Moon's cousins until fairly late in production, which could account for some of the confusion for people who aren't used to having to hunt for coding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

LividLiquid posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody in the history of acting has ever been too busy to do voice over work.

You don't even have to leave your house anymore. This was something else.

IIRC part of the reason that Keith's role in Voltron Legendary Defender got massively reduced for a season or so was because at the time of recording his VA was too busy with The Walking Dead. It can happen.