Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The D&D Important tactical Planning episode was wonderful. It's just a shame Scorpia's incompetent underlings didn't respect her tactical ability, and so were unprepared for the assault she accurately predicted.

I lost it at Mermista quoting the original opening with it's Fabulous Secrets.

I was also expecting Serenia to be a planet, like Etheria and Eternia, and Hordak being pretty clearly from another world. Then it was the name of a heroine... but then it was a constellation again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He-Man shows up in the finale, when Adora returns to Eternia and shows them how it's done.

In the finale, Skeletor blasts away their magic swords, turning He-Man and She-Ra back into Adam and Adora. As Adam panics and cowers and Skeletor gloats, Adora just punches him in the skull.

Alternatively - Turns out He-ra was an entirely different heroine, and a Greek Goddess shows up out of nowhere.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Don't worry, it's just a name.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Entrapta won't get redeemed. Instead, Scorpia will join the princesses, because Hordak won't let her marry Cattra. Entrapta is later discovered in their luggage.

She sets up a new lab in the castle, but she does this every week when the old one explodes, and doesn't notice she has moved until the Horde implodes and a month later their Amazon Prime payment bounces, so her gadgets no longer arrive the next day.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Adora was originally He-Man's sister who was kidnapped by Hordak as a baby (Then Adam was so traumatised his parents erased his memories, which is why nobody ever mentioned her before the toys were released).

Otherwise it was basically villain of the week in which the bad guys came up with different plans, many of which were easy to animate. There's a few callbacks like Scorpia being a dumb bruiser, Shadow weaver being the sinister competent one etc. But not much character development at all.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Based on nothing at all, I'm going to say her name is... Horn-Head. She headbutts stuff. Probably a cameo from the original show.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
On the one hand, I wanted to have a She-Ra sit on my monitor, and the limited edition one is crazy-expensive.

On the other, it just doesn't look right to have her smile, rather than being stern.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I believe the original was a fetish comic in the running for "most contrived pretense" in which the above happens, so Mandy has to be Billy's hands until they heal. So feed him, wash him, jerk him off... The usual things a nurse does for someone.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darth Walrus posted:

I think this is why Shadow Weaver remains the worst person in the show (excluding Kyle. Honestly Kyle, why do you even wake up?).

FTFY.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
SW vs Catra is Lawful vs Chaotic evil in a nutshell.

In the long run, SW is worse because she's building self-sustaining institutions of suffering. But Catra can gently caress up way more stuff in the short term before Adora cuts her in half, or a tearful Scorpia tells her about the rabbits while raising her sting.

Catra also seems worse, because we keep seeing her turn away from better options. Early on, she could have joined Adora. Later she could have been a solid Horde officer. This time, she could have been Queen of the Thunderdome. Instead, it's full speed ahead to destruction.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

This is interesting.

Well, now we need a scene where Hordak corrects Bow's Dad's tattoo.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Adora, don't stand on Glimmer's shoulders like that. I don't care how powerful her new look makes her, it's just rude.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ah, gotta love perfectly cromulent advice given creepily. If anyone else had said "You've got the potential to be greater than your parents, but you're not them and you need to take the path that suits you" it would have been just fine.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If it opens vertically it's yonic. As for the rest...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eG8RmwY25Ig

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Has the show in-universe ever explored what in the world "For the honor of Greyskull!" means?

Nope, same as they've never expanded on Eternia either. I'm guessing it'll be the First Ones origin planet and palace if it's made into anything other than He-Man callbacks.I

As for money, even in (especially in) a tightly controlled space like Horde territory there's gonna be a black market for food that doesn't come in bar-shape.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE posted:

what canonical straight romances are there?

micah & angela have no screentime together because he’s been ambiguously dead and now she’s ambiguously dead. so far hordak and entrapta are just lab partners with some one-sided blushing. seahawk has heart eyes for mermista but she clearly thinks he’s a big dork (though it was cute how she ran off after his seagull SOS to go save him).

whereas:
catra & adora
scorpia & catra
adora & literally any big lady with nice big muscles
lots of other girls & she-ra’s nice big muscles
lighthope & mara?
spinnerella & netossa actually canon married

Bow was making some heart-eyes or pretty close at Seahawk when they first met too.

I think the show runs on Utena rules - everyone is bi, because that has the most options for plots.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
No, but he was the best character from He-Man by a long way, so we still hope he will. He did have a connection to Hordak of some sort too, I forget exactly what.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Seahawk is really competent combat wise, has super human strength (that only fails for comedic purposes) and gag character levels of durability. Never forget how far he threw Kyle.

Kyle is especially throwable though.

Hopefully in the next season he can kiss Bow.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm not sure what's going on with Swiftwind but he steals every scene he's in.

He seizes it from the bourgeoisie.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Probably got a secret room of backup bodies and he just pretends to be perfect.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Eternia WAS pretty hardcore, a thousand or more years ago. The Eternia of today is perfect for producing a Hapsburg-like Prince Adam.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Gee Adam, how come mom lets you have two shows?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

pentyne posted:

Using "ace" as shorthand is convenient but everytime I see it I picture the classic 1950s greaser in a leather jacket and shades snapping his fingers pointing at something cool and saying "Aces!"

I picture the best Dr Who companion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But also more hot.

No, that happens when they do the voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cFzABv0xMU