Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ragnar34 posted:

Is it just me or does this world have a really low population? The Horde seems to consist of about 10 people with faces and 100 without, each of the Princess enclaves has maybe two(!) to 30 people, and I don't remember any real crowd scenes ever. I don't know if I'm reading too much into a stylistic choice or if that's just how it is or what.

Yeah, that kinda struck me as well. I mentioned in my post about the show in the kid's show thread that the whole "saving the world" aspect of the plot kinda fell flat for me because we don't really meet many non-high-society people in this world or see how they live. We have no idea how someone in an area under Horde occupation who isn't in the military lives, for instance. Are they slaves toiling in mines and factories to feed Hordak's war machine? Are they largely left to their own devices as long as they pay taxes/tribute to Hordak? Are they all just conscripted into the military? Does the Horde just wipe out the native population? Is any of this important to know at all? Probably not, because the show's clearly more about interpersonal relations between the major characters, and it does that well, but personally I like a little insight into how regular, non-nobility people live in sci-fi/fantasy worlds.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I really enjoyed this season. Or, half-season, maybe. I loved Bow's dads and the D&D episode and the Shadow Weaver backstory episode and Entrapta getting in good with Hordak. I hope the short season means we'll be getting more soon.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I don't care one way or another if He-Man appears in this show but it would be dope as hell for Skeletor to make an appearance.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This whole documentary series is great, and I highly recommend it. It's called The Toys That Made Us, and it's on Netflix.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Grayskull" has to mean something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

shadowvine118 posted:

The only character from He Man I really care about seeing is Skeletor.

Yeah speaking as someone who did not grow up with any Masters of the Universe media or toys, I have no strong feelings about He-Man ever appearing in this series but I would love for Skeletor to show up.