Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Can't wait for Glimmer to be all "I'M STILL QUEEN" even though Micah has the stronger claim.

Micah doesn't have the connection to the stone that's the de facto throne determinant. He can be regent, but not ruler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Oh wow, lots of posts in the She-Ra thread, I wonder wh-
:yikes:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Fifth and final season on May 15th, apparently.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Entertainment Weekly interview with Noelle Stevenson

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

lol if we come out the other side of this with Catra/Glimmer and Adora/Scorpia.

No, not Adora/Scorpia.

She-Ra/Scorpia.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That quite possibly is what makes her so dangerous, because despite her being very intelligent and very good at manipulating people, it's quite possible that spite and pride really is all that's there. Meaning there's no real big plan and no better nature to appeal to. Also means she can fit in pretty much anywhere- at Bright Moon she seems content being treated as a prisoner since she has decent lodgings, is treated with respect and fear like she's used to, and has opportunities to exercise her talents with students who are desperate for someone who can actually teach them magic, but even with that she's capable of poisoning relationships- and starting Glimmer down the road of becoming another reflection of her, like Catra.

A SW/Casta showdown probably isn't in the cards, but I sure want to see it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I know it's a typo but man o man do I want Glimmer to teach Catra some magic. What could possibly go wrong?

Not a typo. Castaspella and Shadow Weaver have the longest-standing grudge to hash out, and they're both sorceresses, so...

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh no we've invented the perpetual hotness machine

something something Baroness from Cobra something something

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

All show threads enter steeper and steeper dives until new episodes air.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Tei posted:

Sometimes I confuse Eternia with Eritrea.

That's fair. I think He-Man even had a vehicle that looked a little like a technical.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Senerio posted:

Didn't know we had monsters in this thread.

I... I too, am a monster. The song does nothing for me.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

And hey oh poo poo did I completely miss a conversation about how Entrapta's custom Space Suits were functional and non-sexualized for the women, but Bow got a motherfucking Abs-Window? because that poo poo was amazing.:blush:

She gave herself a boob window in hers, so maybe not as pure as that.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

CaptainCrunch posted:

CastaShadow, obvi. :smuggo:
I feel like if we dig hard enough in the 80s version, that'll be an actual character name.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Harem Anime with Entrapta and all the Horde Prime clones.

That's just science.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

maybe... maybe not full Heavy Metal. :stonk:

It's your one-way ticket to midnight.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

There's obviously more of this somewhere, but this is a pretty good bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P055Gen7BoY

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Wacky Races would've been good, but the pilot never got off the ground

And domino effect, we were denied our possible Stop the Pigeon remake.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Who the hell takes the time to write internet fan fiction about actual things other people have done? Now to take a big drink of water and open my let's play to

My fanfiction-writing days were all before the internet existed, sadly.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I had kind of assumed they'd had a relationship, but that it was effectively finished after Catra chose to destroy reality out of spite. I admit I was surprised to see it come back.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It's definitely a videogame-like approach to having objects in inventory.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

I always assumed the sword was in Hammerspace when not on screen. I mean, it's a magic sword.

They made the point later on of having her morph it into a bracelet when she wasn't using it, which kind of only drew attention to the fact she'd never had any problems keeping up with it before.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Master Twig posted:

Huntara was amazing, yeah. I would have liked more of her as well. I liked everything to do with the whole wastelands area.

I think my favorite part of Huntara was how excited Geena Davis was to get the part.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The real tragedy was that we never got a new version of Mantenna.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Yeah, from what I’ve found it seems the stock answer for why they don’t like the show is “they changed too much” as well as some calling it an “abomination” or “She-Ra in name only”. A lot of them also get really pissy when you try to challenge them on this.

I can't help but notice that the people upset about SPoP tend to be overwhelmingly male.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

When it was announced it was mentioned that Revelation was aimed at a slightly older audience (though all that amounted to in the first half was some very minor swearing and blood).

As for this particular instance, I’m guessing it’s more of an implied thing if anything (like a shot of them in bed together or something).

And by "slightly older audience," they mean the original audience, however old they've gotten now.