Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I hope she's dead. Not because I dislike the character but because I hate bait and switch fake deaths to force drama on the audience and then retcon it when it's inconvenient for the character to be dead or even worse when they need a surprise deus ex machina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Darth Walrus posted:

Again, the show explicitly said that Angela didn't die. She just imprisoned herself between dimensions. Entrapta should be able to get her out of that eventually.

For all intents and purposes that means "dead", but this is She-Ra so anything is possible.

And yes Mica is absolutely not dead but I have no idea how or why. Maybe he was imprisoned somehow. Maybe Shadow Weaver teleported him somewhere far away and safe to prevent him from dying during the war.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mordaedil posted:

"I hope this mom is dead" says Elephant Ambush about cartoon mom in a series aimed at small girls.

Like, what?

:rolleyes:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Any season with Scorpia is a good season.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Entrapta has Minnesota accent more than anything.

Yeah it's this. Scorpia too but more like Canadian/Scandinavian.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

I would have put Scorpia as a Wisconsinite/Yooper, but Canada makes sense.

Yeah it's kinda ambiguous and that's fine. Her accent makes her more endearing for some reason.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Why does Horde Prime even taking notice or interest in Hordak? The only reasons I can think of are

Wants to make sure the failed clone is actually eradicated or

Hordak accidentally did something very cool or impressive after going through the portal and Horde Prime changed his mind on Hordak being a failure and wants to pick Hirdak's brain on the things he's done.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Holy loving poo poo that is AWESOME

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

T-man posted:

she ra continues to bring about the SJW agenda to normalize gender and sexuality diversity

excellent

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Shadow Weaver owns because I still don't know if I trust her or not. And her voice actress knocks it out of the park with every line.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
WTF? This is a show aimed at kids, especially young girls. The creators and staff are not gonna be all GIGANTIC GENITAL REFERENCES. WTF is wrong with you?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
LMAO

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

RottenK posted:

i oppose romance between hordak and entrapta because no straights are allowed in my gay cartoons

I have bad news: Angella/Micah

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

RottenK posted:

they've got one, so don't add any more :colbert:

Fair

tsob posted:

Mermista/Sea Hawk (probably) exists too.

Oh yeah I forgot about them it's been so long

Season 5 when?!

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 16, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Argue posted:

I've got some news for you...

Typo!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

Fifth and final season on May 15th, apparently.

Source?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

Entertainment Weekly interview with Noelle Stevenson

Thanks!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I really hope we don't get the cliche thing where Catra suddenly realizes how awful she was and sacrifices herself to save everyone. That's so predictable and, imo, beneath the quality of the writing we've seen so far.

I don't want a happy ending for Catra after all she's done but I also don't want her to die. She doesn't have to come around and join the Princesses but she also doesn't need to spend the rest of her life in misery either.

What I'd really like to see is for Adora to finally say to Catra "Hey I'm really sorry I abandoned you and betrayed our friendship and broke that promise I made to you when we were kids". Adora is a nice person but she's also a moron and for all Catra's done she deserves an apology for that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Hordak deserves redemption because I like his romance arc.

I'd be OK with Hordak sacrificing himself to save Entrapta. Maybe not dying but getting super hosed up and having to be rebuilt or have his memory erased or something.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't forget Shadow Weaver, whose upbringing made Catra into the person she is, and fostered that resentment by clearly favouring Adora and giving her much kinder treatment.

Still interesting what they're doing with her; she's basically cooperating entirely with Glimmer now, but it's pretty clear her motivation is basically to spite her previous employer, the exact same reason she joined up with the Horde in the first place. She's probably got the least sympathetic moments, while even Hordak has gotten some- and arguably she's the worst because she's a traitor who actively signed up for the Horde, while Hordak is arguably just doing the only thing he knows and Catra as above was basically moulded in her image. Not to mention she's pretty much responsible for the whole disaster of the last season as she actively drove a wedge between Glimmer and Adora, as a result leaving the planet at Horde Prime's mercy.

Shadow Weaver is the most intriguing character to me because the writers have done such a good job at hiding her true motivations. My wife and I talk about that once in a while. We have no idea what she really wants or what she's up to. Her original motivations were ultimate power but we're not sure if she learned any kind of lessons from her past mistakes. My own personal (and probably wrong) theory is that she's just an opportunist who is currently biding her time and toying with people and gathering favors until the time is right to try to make some kind of move.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I want the post credits stinger of the final episode to be Hordak and Entrapta enjoying tiny snacks together. They don't even have to say anything.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I don't think they ever go into the species thing.

Also, my Catra tux costume is almost done and all the cons are getting cancelled so yay.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm so miffed because my wife is making an Entrapta costume and my sister is making a Princess Prom Scorpia costume and we were all gonna go hang out at cons together and now we have to wait until the roni blows over and that's such a bummer.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

this is adora's fault somehow!!

If Perfuma were real she would kill all the roni

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
In the 80s cartoon Perfuma was basically Literally Gaia and single-handedly annihilated the Horde in final season. I don't remember the details but I remember it being pretty hilarious. Hordak got owned by flowers.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Gonna be a long two weeks

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

I... I too, am a monster. The song does nothing for me.

In our house the theme song goes like this:

"We're on the edge of greatneeeee-ONG!"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pyrotoad posted:

If you're not skipping every scene that doesn't have Scorpia in it you're not a true She-Ra fan.

Way to erase Double Trouble TERF

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pyrotoad posted:

Double Trouble can disguise themselves as Scorpia at any time so they're technically safe.

Fair.

I wonder if DT will be in season 5. I hope so.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

oh but seriously I posted:

*Duchovnously* How could you ever prove they were not, Skully?

:hmmyes:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Gay Prime

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Catra's subtle reactions in that clip are awesome.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

It was this. She goes full nuts dictator in the final episode.

Which is awful misogynist "women be crazy and need to be kept in check by men" trash

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Oh my god these next few days are going to crawl by

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Although iirc it's just her doing what literally every single member of her family has done. It's more 'The rightful heir returns, oh poo poo turns out we wiped out this bloodline for a reason'.

That's not the point. The point is that every single woman in GoT gets treated horribly in a million different ways. Dany was the one woman who had a chance at dishing out justice on behalf of all those women. But nope, her character completely changes for no good reason and she goes completely crazy and has to be put down and of course the hero man is forced to do it because ugh tragedy and gosh gee willikers it sucks that men just have to destroy all these crazy women to keep the world safe.

On a positive note, 2 more days! :dance:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fuckin' sweet. Alarm set.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
My wife and I just finished this tonight and it was great. It was really weird hearing so many characters say "I love you" to each other but at the same time I love that it's normalizing the phrase and making it a thing you can just say to someone you love instead of the traditional media bullshit where it's a hard thing to say and you have to hold it back until the most dramatic moment possible or whatever. It was positive and refreshing.

My wife and I are straight so we really didn't see Catra/Adora or Bow.Glimmer coming but again, refreshing and awesome and cool and good. I hope this show blows the doors off so that many other shows (animated or otherwise) can follow suit with representation and normalization.

We're probably going to go back and re-watch the whole drat thing with the new perspectives this season gave us and I'm sure we'll pick up on things we missed before. Like we definitely noticed the subtle sexual tension between Adora and Catra at the prom but we thought it was just Catra loving with Adora because that's her MO.

Scorpia and Entrapta are the loving best. Hordak/Wrong Hordak/Prime's voice actor was the VIP of the whole season. That takes some serious talent to do what he did.

I'm really glad this show exists. My wife and I both watched the original show as kids and it's really awesome to see it not only modernized but also pushing LGBTQ+ representation to the max. And not even just that community but like Glimmer and Spinerella are chubby and they're represented. So many skin colors represented. Interracial relationships are represented. Literally gay black dads are represented and that is just brave as gently caress. I think the only group I can think of that wasn't featured was disabled people, although someone here can correct me if I'm wrong. It's late and I'm tired and going to bed after posting this.

It was also really cool reading through all the perspectives from different people here. We have a lot to digest and think about and talk about for the rest of the week. :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Really? Wow. Not making fun, just shocked. Fascinating, the mind of the het...

Yep! :v:

And it's not like I'm socially blind either. I've been with my wife for 20 years. I think the blocker for me is that I'm not used to those kinds of romantic relationships. I've probably been brainwashed by 4 decades of cishet media showing me what "normal" relationships look like. I'm also extremely lucky to have never been abused or been in a rocky relationship like Catra/Adora and I don't think I've ever seen a friendship like Bow/Glimmer turn into a romantic relationship seemingly out of left field like that.

So yeah me being being cishet is the problem lmao

Thank you so much for posting this. It was one of my favorite moments of the whole season (my absolute favorite being Catra getting spritzed and netted by Netossa)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Technowolf posted:

So is Netossa just Etheria's version of Batman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDOmlLOmgBI

Yes that is literally the joke. And it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

Hopefully you also did not miss her and Seahawk mugging and dragging off a Seahawk ex in the background while Scorpia and Perfuma were having their heart to heart

I swear 90% of the best content this season happened in the background. Like if you look at the team photo in the opening credits for the second-to-last episode, Nettossa is dip-kissing Spinerella full on the lips on the left. :mmmhmm:

This is so true. I also really love all the background art in Mystacor. There was also some cool stuff in Scorpia's home country and in the First Ones ruins. You have to pause though because it's never on the screen for very long.