Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

"Worms are basically tubes and thus easier to animate" may be one of the reasons it was a giant worm.

I mean, I'm assuming worms are easier to animate. I'm not an animator. But still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

So, they never actually said it, but it was pretty strongly implied that Glimmer let Double Trouble out and hired him to sow chaos in the Fright Zone, right? That's why he just up and revealed what happened to Entrapta. I'm not just imagining this?

While I'm pretty sure this is what happened, I don't think this is the specific sequence of events. Specifically, the thing about joining the winning side leads me to believe that Glimmer didn't ask DT to switch, DT offered to do so. Which seems like a minor point, but I think it matters because Glimmer asking the spy to become a double agent feels like a different thing from a spy offering to flip for presumably self-serving reasons and Glimmer accepting.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE posted:

spinnerella & netossa actually canon married

The fact that they're a couple is canonical and has been confirmed, but are they married? I don't think that got brought up anywhere.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I don't think it was a missing episode, it's just that we first saw her when she was in charge or Princess Prom, which is a big job, and she had to be the Serious Princess In Charge. After that, we saw her when she didn't have to be the Serious Princess In Charge, so she could be herself.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Something I just realized about Spinnerella and Netossa is that for the first four seasons, they had strong couple energy. It wasn't until the fifth season that "yes, they are a couple" was made explicit on screen, when Netossa referred to Spinnerella as her wife.

It kind of makes me wonder what was going on behind the scenes there, because as I recall, Noelle Stephenson had to fight for the Catra/Adora kiss, and one of the arrows in her quiver was "we have been setting this up for four seasons, we either end it in the organic gay way or we do some contrived queerbaiting bullshit." So that makes me think that Spinny and Netty had to keep things relatively low-key on camera at first, but by season 5 they could go all in.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

They were confirmed as a couple, but it was done on Noelle's twitter, I think. The actual in-show confirmation wasn't until 5.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

That show had a sad story. Came out of the gate hot, but then got shuffled around at random, got a weak toyline and was part of CN's move away from action shows.

Didn't CN ultimately kill it so they could run Legends of Chima, which was Lego Brand-X Thundercats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Speaking of reboots, Tranzor Z was brought up earlier. In the absolute loosest theory, you could do a Voltron: Legendary Defender with it where you adapt the adaption and ignore the source material. You could do that with Voltron because nobody gives a poo poo about the original show Go-Lion, which sucked and isn't even the show the people doing the adaption wanted (they wanted Daltanious and asked for "the one with the lion" without realizing how big that is).

Mazinger Z is very much alive and still getting new adaptions because people give a poo poo (and it's for sale in English by Discotek).