Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Asgerd posted:

I know it's mostly died down now, but I got into an argument recently about how this show is just evil EssJayDubya feminazi propaganda, and it was kind of illuminating how they couldn't point out a single scene or plot point that supported the Dread Agenda when pressed, just the same "look at these character designs!" poo poo from two years ago. You'd think chuds would at least complain about the presence of gay or nonbinary characters, but the people who hate this show not only haven't watched it, they seem to know literally nothing about it.

I heard about it at work from some guy who seems to have gone all in on Netflix since COVID-19. Weirdly, I don't think he's "online" in his politics otherwise, just bog-standard reactionary. The argument was still broadly the same, "liberals are trying to indoctrinate kids into voting Democrat and being gay." The biggest difference is that he blames John Kerry for somehow being involved instead of nondescript SJW's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Has Kerry done anything noteworthy since '04?

The Iran Nuclear Deal is probably what kept the guy in question angry. The guy who was complaining thinks Mermista is Muslim.

In other business, I kinda like the opening song because it's short and only demands like two things of me.

Grammarchist fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 1, 2020