Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffleopolis posted:

Skeletor should be a combination of both the 2002 remake with the seriousness and menacing but also have the goofiness of his 1980's cartoon. Also way more ambitious than Hordak in his plans and would join his allies in battle more often. Hordak loving HATES Skeletor and vice versa.

You know what might be interesting? If She-Ra and the other Princesses had to team up with Skeletor temporarily to defeat Hordak in a "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" type situation.

KillerQueen posted:

Pretty much the one nice thing about the backlash against this series, for me, has been learning that the creators of the old series were pretty cool.

Yeah, it's always nice to learn about good people trying to make the world a better place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Maybe it's a certain holiday and Skeletor has to learn that maybe its better to protect others? Maybe he carries a robot puppy around too?

I think you might be joking right now, but I would unironically love it if the new show ever did a shot by shot remake of the He-Man Christmas special.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Complete with Bow's Christmas song?

Yes, but longer and with more elaborate stage productions.

twistedmentat posted:

Skeletor always read as Hordak's bitchy Ex to me.

They're BOTH the bitchy Ex to each other.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I was JUST looking for a clip from this as soon as i saw Skeletor talk spring up.

http://bogleech.tumblr.com/post/178884587684/in-case-you-didnt-see-it-in-my-she-ra-article-i

This clip is the entirety of my knowledge of Skeletors character and with only two lines I feel I got a really strong grasp on who he is. This is a skull faced man who loving LOVES being the biggest rear end in a top hat in the room.

Yeah, that's about right. Super dramatic, super mean, and super fed up with everyone else's incompetence, that's Skellitor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSwus_SFMP8

The Monarch from Venture Brothers and Papyrus from Undertale are both clearly influenced by the him (although Papyrus is a good guy version of the character, but still super dramatic and self confident).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CaptainCrunch posted:

I suppose it would have been too on the nose for Scorpia to be a scorpio.

Cancer fits her personality better.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SardonicTyrant posted:

Catra and Scorpia are what happens when Nepeta and Vriska do a freaky friday

I have no idea what Entrapta is because that's enough homestuck for one day.

She's Equius.

I think, deep down, you already knew that, but didn't want to admit it to yourself or the world.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Don't feel to bad for Kyle, he's dating a giant handsome lizard so his life isn't all terrible.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Moon Slayer posted:

I just want to point out that there's precedent for a villain with a sympathetic backstory not getting a redemption arc in a kid's show: Princess Azula. She didn't get redeemed, she had a psychotic break and her last on-screen appearance was her writhing around on the ground screaming and crying in chains and it was incredibly disturbing.

At least one of the creators (writers? I can't remember exactly who said it) have admitted to wanting and planning on giving her one, but it ended up not happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

uh i think you got slash mixed up with something else. That's (usually male) gay stuff.

Personally, I think making the gay subtext in He-Man text would improve the show :colbert: