Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The pacing was rather slapdash as the series went on, which was a bit of a letdown

Also let out a very loud FINALLY when (finale) Shadow Weaver bit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kinda sad that Perfuma never got to show what she can do when she gets angry, and I was hoping she'd unleash her power when the clones came in to reinforce the bots in the finale, or maybe to knock some sense into Scorpia, but nah, let Bow deal with her despite them being built up beforehand

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

In the second to last episode I'm convinced Shadow Weaver was drunk from the way she handled that tea cup and

Edit: I give up on posting that gif, here's a link. https://imgur.com/a/25fmDIQ

if the link ends with .mp4, just change it to .gif

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

cant cook creole bream posted:

Nobody seems to have mentioned it so far, but I really liked the new design of the She-Ra form. It's supposed to look way more like Adora, since by this point she takes the power from herself, rather than some cursed legacy. That pony tail looks great on her and fits way better than the bushy hair with the crown.

Also the start of episode 10 is glorious. Nettossa was never that important, but this made me really like her. Does anyone have some screenshots of her cute drawings? The one of Mermista was great.

People have pointed out she's got Adora's ponytail, Glimmer's wings (on her shoes), Bow's heart on her chest, and Catra's helmet

Now where's Seahawk's mustache

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Beekeeping and You posted:

My biggest issue with Wrong Hordak is that he never got a fun nickname

Say that again, but slowly.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Not every declaration of love is accompanied by a kiss :eng101:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

With the sheer amount of queer couples in media (and how much everyone talks about them), it's straight couples that are becoming the minority

Can't wait for that powder keg to detonate

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Give us He-Man you cowards

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*pokes random button a few times, as is the right and proper way of things*

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If you like "kid's shows" like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, or She-Ra, don't forget to check out Hilda at some point too

It's what got me used to characters having that weird shading in the middle of their faces over the bridge of the nose

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I've written fanfiction, and it's been a while since I've gone back to it, unfortunately.

Instead, I've become one of those people who uploads videos to the internet rather than doing anything creative or interesting.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

So how mainstream does fiction have to be before it's not dumb trash for morons?

A book? An internet video? A TV show? Movie? Franchise?

I suppose selling your work as original fiction would be the first step, and I've read maybe... three stories that could work as such if you swapped the names around

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I cheered when the manipulative bitch that ruined the lives of two kids died - shedding tears for her is a waste of good salt water

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like the reversal on how people view queer and straight relationships nowadays

Two characters of the same gender that interact once in a while - "They're totally dating and in love and here's what their kids will look like because True Love."
Two characters of different genders that show clear romantic interest in one another - "Never gonna happen."

Adored the relationships in She-Ra though and wish more series would take notes :allears:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

So when's the crossover with She-Ra but they keep their respective art styles

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

My consumption of He-Man amounts to watching some people essentially MST3K a bit of it during a Twitch marathon and heck if I remember any of the actual episode content

It's just amusing seeing all the obvious toy designs amidst the burly character designs

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Man, those five episodes zoomed by and now we have to wait another few months for the rest of it

I'm glad I've become somewhat immune to puns because good lord those first two episodes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

MotU has massive Star Wars Rebels energy mixed with Overwatch character designs

I like it