Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Huh, Tumblr still exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I... Have some bad news for you.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

I mean, Mermista is basically just Lapis.

:haibrow:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

They generally don't affect the color you see, it's more that to cover the entire visible sclera the contact lens itself has to be pretty drat big

And even if they're not big, they're made out of stiffer, thicker materials than standard lenses in order to make room for the color layer, and they don't breathe at all, compared to standard lenses that are something like 98% permeable to oxygen now.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Senerio posted:

That's a very specific date. I wonder why they picked tha--

:cabot:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

A Sometimes Food posted:

I got no idea on hopepunk any actual art students care to explain it?

Hopepunk is the idea of a work having an undercurrent of hopefulness and optimism in its motivation. That doesn't mean it needs to be explicitly cheerful, like Steven Universe (though SU is hopepunk), even shows like The Handmaid's Tale are classed as it because the main character never gives up and is always striving towards a better tomorrow. Hopepunk also tends to trend towards anti-fascism in some way or another, if not explicitly then also against the root ideas that could lead to fascist reasoning. Also something about promoting individuality/self actualization.

At least, I think, from reading through context. New Sincerity died in 2002 as far as I can tell, though pieces like the new MLP kind of cling to that era, due to it's roots in the 80's.

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 26, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

Catra rocked that tux so hard it was ridiculous.

:yeah:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
DIY on ezgif.com, really easy to split it apart into frames. Doesn't work on mobile.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIsRg6z41k

Just gonna repost this. It's drat good.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

He's already set to do He-Man, but maybe he'd be willing to do two roles.

???

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

I prefer the one without the sex pest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhlaYeZv3vo

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
The difference is this show is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU