Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry entrapta/hordak shippers, I'm claiming Entrapta for my fellow aces. No hornt allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I stil have romantic attraction personally, but I feel entrapta works better as aro. She's got science to do, why would she bother with that stuff.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

You idiots. You morons. You complete buffoons.
She's robosexual.

i'll allow it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CuwiKhons posted:

I don't know if Hordak and Entrapta's relationship will ever be obviously romantic and to be honest, I don't need it to be. I ship it in a way where I mostly just want them to hang out together and be weird amoral science buddies forever.

Yeah, that's how I see things.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

That said, I think it's pretty clear that the show sets up "I Love You" as an explicitly romantic relationship thing; We have Catra/Adora, Spinnerella/Netassia, and iirc Mermista/Seahawk, with Entrapta/Hordak being the exception that proves the rule. I'm pretty sure by this pattern that Bow/Glimmer were supposed to be implied to be romantically dating, which isn't really something I care for, especially because it means the show does not normalize saying it to platonic friends. (Which I'm all in for, myself.) Am I imagining things?

I don't see Entrapta as being romantically interested in Hordak, I'm still saying she's ace. Unless you're literally a robot, cuz she was gonna gently caress that robot in episode 2. But as much as I want opposite gender platonic relationships normalized, I can't read the ending with Bow and Glimmer as anything but a romantic relationship. The vision Adora had also showed their adult versions in a romantic relationship.

So yeah, I agree with you. It doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the show at all, but it was a bit of a let down.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

There are also a couple points this season where to the two of them reach out to each other in crisis moments that is very much non-platonic. Like "despite being a seasoned fighter, I'm going to go for you instead of going for the threat" kind of reaction.

Yeah, it wasn't out of nowhere or anything like that.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CuwiKhons posted:

Bow and Glimmer feel deliberately ambiguous in a way where you can totally read them as being just friends or as more and the canon supports you either way. Basically they did a straight couple the way most media does queer couples :v:

holy poo poo mind blown

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Seriously, she didn't look at anyone the way she looked at that robot.

Are there any gifmasters who can get this down to avatar size?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Thanks!

Fake edit: I think it's still too big, get an "undefined" error popup when trying to upload. :(

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

I compressed it from 468KB to 301KB

thanks for trying, looking at the requirements now, I see it has to be under 150K

what about reducing the image to this: to try to get it under. Also, any forum upgrade you want since this turned out to be a pain in the rear end?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

I tried again, and this one is 148K

Is platinum all right? If not, I'll go with no-ads. Thank you

Plat is totally fine, how about we cut the loop down to just the "hellooooo" part so it's not as grainy. Basically cut out all the frames right before the scan finishes, that should help us get to a better quality.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Perfect, spoilertext me your email so I can send you the platinum gift cert!

EDIT: rip gang tags lol

\/\/\/Sent, check your mail!

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 22, 2020

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I got the idea that our heroes are all like college age, so like late teens or so.

My favorite thing is Catra leaping into Adora's lap. Catra acting like a kitty is something I wish I had seen more.

I thought so too until the future vision where they all looked different.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vinylshadow posted:

If you like "kid's shows" like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, or She-Ra, don't forget to check out Hilda at some point too

It's what got me used to characters having that weird shading in the middle of their faces over the bridge of the nose

Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts was great, too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CuwiKhons posted:

What part of Catradora was a secret? Also Noelle drew art of Entrapta and Hordak getting married but alright, sure. People who get mad about ships are so weird.

Again I will say that I read Entrapta as asexual. She's probably aromatic as well but I'm not as strongly for that as I am for her being ace. I don't mind gay or poly ships because representation is important, but gently caress stealing my representation for a het ship. Entrapta liked hordak as a lab partner and her concern for him was platonic and helped her grow past seeing people only good for providing her tech. She's very much that meme of "yeah sex is fine, but have you ever put on jammies right out of the dryer?"

The only legit Entrapta ship is my Avatar.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I am also cool with your read on it, because you're right.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Reboot Chat: Turbo Teen and go full American Werewolf in London with it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I didn't even finish the first episode.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

maltesh posted:

Doomed Planet. Desperate Royalty. Light Hope. Shadow Weaver.

I appreciate this post.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

Incelshok Na ate a 30 day probe for being super homophobic in another thread, I think it's safe to write them off as a troll, possibly an alt-right weirdo attracted to SA after lowtax stuff. If they come back I'd suggest ignoring them in the future, and not sending any sensitive links or content to them.

I also just saw some hitler apologia from them in the USPOL thread so lol

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of that clip, does anyone have a sound file of "hey Adora" I want to use that for my message alert on my phone

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Motherfucker posted:

whichever would be most uncomfortable in a family setting will do nicely.

Yes this.

Honestly any of them, but the heeeeey Adora is my fav

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

experienceBeej posted:

And yeah, Bow could be is bi.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Yeah also Adora and Korra would absolutely wrestle with pots on their head.

And it would 100% be Marceline's idea.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna have to cut someone

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i am blown away. Checking here IMDB she's also Kipo in Wonderbeasts, which is another great cartoon

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ahem.

Mermista

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

could stand to be 40% gayer

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wittgen posted:

Those are rookie numbers. We need to get those numbers way up.

i mean i was gonna go with 69% but

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, has the team behind SPoP done any other shows worth checking out?

Noelle Stevenson did an amazing comic called Lumberjanes you should check out.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i do not like that type of cgi animation

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
it somehow manages to be more of toy commercial than the original series. Lots of character deaths to make it seem edgy. It gets better towards the end of the second episode when the main plot is introduced but eh.

Also, and this is a weird complaint. Like all the women are ripped. That's an improvement over traditional female character design, but it's not the many different body types of She-Ra. It's like the lady version of the Arkham games where every guy is just a giant brick wall of meat.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Haven’t gotten around to watching it yet but two questions:

1: Are there still lighthearted moments here and there like there have been in every other series in this franchise?

2: Does Skeletor say “nya” at any point?

1)Yes
2) No

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

I loved my slime pit and wish I had had more slime for it.

I still have the skull from this, I used it as a candle base in college and my twenties.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
nope. I don't like that animation style.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Last Call posted:

I'm not particular fond of this look or style but it's not really for me.

It's to get kids into the fandom and that's not a bad thing, we need a variety of stuff for various people.

yeah exactly. I don't care for it, but so what, I'm not the target audience anyways

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hey, so did anyone mention how Adam's mom said she was from earth?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, it's established canon that she is/was an astronaut who got lost in space and ended up in Etheria.

i never knew that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Owl house is a pro tier watch. I dropped centaur world because it is waaaaaay too much of a musical for my taste. Like every episode had multiple songs. I realize this is a me problem, but felt I should warn anyways.