Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am pretty sure Aetheria everyone is just Pansexual.

Seahawk was based on Corsair from X-men right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hahah I love how Swiftwing comes back and is just FULL GAY SPACE COMMUNISM NOW!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I remember so little about the original she ra. I do remember Catra being all "mroooooooow!" and that's about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As I said, I can imagine a fantasy world where the idea of gay straight or whatever doesn't exist. You just go for what you're into.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like Catra exploited her friendship with Adora. In the first episode she was pretty content to let Adora do all the hard work, then latch herself onto it once its done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That stuff costs what animators call pencil mileage, even with digital ink and paint you still have to design and draw background characters for that. It's probably easier to just assume there's ton of villages everywhere that we don't visit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Alt right poo poo Nazi incel nerds think everything has to be for them, an no one else.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Entrapta is clearly a could not should kind of scientist, so she'll do anything for more access to first ones tech.

Catra may be great, but she is a toxic friend and a user of people. She cannot be redeemed until she over comes that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

There’s a documentary series on Netflix where they speak to creators/designers/marketers of well-known toy lines and the He-Man episode mentioned taking care to make Prince Adam kind and caring on the cartoon for basically that reason.

Both it and the Toys that made us episode on He-Man are great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Skeletor always read as Hordak's bitchy Ex to me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if it will turn out that the Eternians used to be intersteller warlords and conquered other planets using portals, and they were the Old Ones. The reason Eternia is so funky is because it got nuked to hell when the Empire was destroyed in a revolt.

Hordak kidnapped Adora from Randar in hopes she could unlock the old ones technology, but when He realized he didn't need it he got bored of the project.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm surprised that Bronism never really developed into internet nazism.

I've seen some terrible Brony art, but never seeing Princess Ironhoof with a swastika cutie mark.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cant cook creole bream posted:

A lack of noticeble evidence may either imply a negative result, or an insufficency in the testing method.

You're a pure and innocent soul.

Well, Goons haven't mentioned it, and we've discovered some pretty terrible stuff.

Though even though i haven't seen it, i wouldn't be surprised that Bronies are all nazis.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Libluini posted:

I've watched a couple episodes of Discovery, and it seems like mostly a war story, so I'd have expected the complete opposite reaction to this. I guess underestimating how stupid people can be does not pay off. :shrug:

They saw a black woman, a gay man and a thiccccc woman as leads and they assumed the SJWs got to it. They probably got upset that the Klingons were trying to Make Quo'noS Great Again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
if they do bring in Skeletor in the future, they need to keep his whiny bitcheness and lines like "Randor, come in your Royal Boob".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HappyKitty posted:

Also, in the original series, Castaspella had the hots for Prince Adam.

So if we ship Castaspella/Adam, that means Adora is Castaspella's sister-in-law.

And Castaspella is the sister of King Micah.

And King Micah is Glimmer's dad.

So Adora is... Glimmer's dad's sister's husband's sister.

Adora is... Glimmer's aunt's husband's sister.

Adora is... Glimmer's paternal aunt's non-related husband's sister.

Castaspella is... Adora's sister-in-law.

Glimmer is... Adora's sister-in-law's niece.

I hope I'm not doing family trees badly, or Glimmadora is pretty much sunk.

This is slightly less confusing than the network of alliances that lead to WW1.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

https://twitter.com/dreamworksshera/status/1080494021066272768

Okay astrology nerds, do your thing

(OF COURSE Catra is a Scorpio)

Sea Hawk and I have the same birthday!! :dance:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

wizzardstaff posted:

Entrapta is Peridot with enhancers for her hair instead of her limbs.

Hairidot.

I mean, Mermista is basically just Lapis.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've heard that yes, Netflix is doing a He-Man series, but none of the stuff I've seen says if it will be related to She-Ra.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nerdman42 posted:

Can't believe She-Ra and her squad of lesbians are gonna go kick Thanos' rear end for the Avengers.

Captain Marvel could totally join the Princess Alliance as Princess Sparklyfists.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah. It's not that these guys don't have sex thoughts about the lady ponies, it's that the ponies themselves have a passive sexuality. They easily accommodate to the sexual desires of the imposed fantasy, because they're inherently safe.

Yea, have you see how many creeps talk about the "presenting" of the ponies? Also the sexual fantasies they come up with almost all involve rape.

Examine any fascist or authoritarian society, and their roles for women are always Mothers and Wives, do what your husband and state asks of you. This means cook dinner, spit out kids and not talk back, and take the punch your husband throws at you. Why conservative and "Traditional values" crowds are always rooted in fascism.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nerdman42 posted:

She-Ra will never appeal to bronies because it features complicated girls that they can't project their submissive/tamed women fantasies onto

Exactly. That's what bronies are at the heart; guys are afraid of real women because real women have their own wants and desires and minds, and that means they can't control them, but cartoon horsey ladies they can imagine as their perfect waifus because they have uncomplex personalities and that makes them not threatening. It's not unlike guys who want to move to Japan because in they think women are again like those anime girls that are demure and submissive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Brony incorporates a specific fan of MLP, not the entire fandom. They are the bad ones, so no, we're not being overly broad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone who also loves this show (is that redundant?) told me that apparently behind the scenes the show is in really bad shape and doubtful it will keep going after the season season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nice, I will tell them, because they are super bummed out about hearing that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god, I just got to the episodes with Bows dads.

They are adorable, and I love how one of them is just classic Bow.

EDIT: What? that was the end of the season? Awe Man. And I know people love Catra, but she's such a user and abuser I can't feel sorry for her.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 12, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

She’s an abused product of her environment that’s colossally in over her head and will ultimately be saved by the love of a good insectoid :hai:

Scorpia's too good for her.

okay were they saying PEACE or BEAST island? I could have sword I heard some people say one and others say the other.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Labes for days posted:

Shadow Weaver would probably hate Peace Island even more than Beast Island though. Throw some snarling monsters at her and she’s fine; throw some hippies with their drum circles and yoga at her and she’s having flashbacks to Mystacor.

That's exactly what I thought. All these super evil Horde people would wish for death if they were sent to an island that was nothing but peace and tranquility.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Friend was asking me "so it seems like everyone is in same sex relationships, so where do babies come from?"

My guess, Eggs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ManlyGrunting posted:

The gays have become just that powerful.

I am pretty cool with that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Labes for days posted:

There are obviously straight people reproducing, but they got killed so Shadow Weaver and Bow’s dads could adopt their children. So goes the cycle of life on Etheria.

Huh, never thought of that. Shadoweavers former student guy will probably come back at some point. Though I thought it was funny that the Wizard School people were all "Well, we can't actually fight against this army thats invading the planet, its not our business".

It's awesome that a show as gay as this was able to do an episode about coming out that was also really good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Entrapta is all about could've not should've.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Skeletor shows up and Hordak is all "Can you help me get rid of my Ex?" to Entrapta.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, and there is a more detailed He-Man documentary on Netflix that goes over the entire thing, but has some more interviews. It's called Power of Greyskull.

Man, I'd really love a more, i guess adult/modern/decently written He-Man story that leans more heavily on the Science Fantasy of it all. It could be jokey jokes too but treated the whole thing more seriously would be great. A Little more than She-Ra has been doing, but at the same level of gay.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This means we'll probably see Skeletor as Hordaks bitchy Ex or openly gay Prince Adam.

Orko is just going sit around smoking pot in this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nobody cares about He-Man outside of the 80s show. Why they would choose to work on the 2000s one is perplexing.

Also I don't think Catra wants to be redeemed. She'd convinced to make everyone as miserable as she is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Stenis posted:

I agree but its cultural significance is nothing compared to the 80s He-Man

Plus I don't think it has a NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HE MAN! Skeletor, which is literally the only reason to watch it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

It sounds like he went to rehab and is off the coke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Test Pattern posted:

Good for him!

Yea but he's less fun now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It comes from the / in ficiton and it does come from Kirk/Spock fiction, so yea it has origins in gay fanfiction, but it expanded to encompass pretty much any fiction based on a pairing.