Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

I think this is why Shadow Weaver remains the worst person in the show (excluding Horde Prime, who we haven't really met yet). She always had a choice.

Isn't Entrapta guilty of this as well? I know she has a massive fanbase here but I just don't get it. Sure, she's "blinded by science" but she is such in so ethically-blind a way that I don't find her sympathetic at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

HorseLord posted:

Shadow Weaver is innocent. She tried to save the world and got hosed over for it, and did what she needed to do to survive.

:hai:

hell, I still like Catra too.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

The Bee posted:

I'm halfway through the season and it seems like Catra is really her own biggest enemy. She was leading the Horde better than Hordak ever could, but the pettiness of her motives and laser focus she had on her personal problems meant she kept dropping the ball where it mattered most. She was the baddest warlord in the Crimson Wastes, and could've lead a life way more her style, but her inferiority complex drove her to running right back into a situation she loathed.

Honestly, the reason why Adora is thriving where Shadow Weaver, Hordak, and Catra fail, in large part, seems to be that she got out.

I mean, that's really it isn't it? If you're abused/neglected to an extent where you have no concept of self-esteem except what gets reflected onto you from others you hold in high regard ... you get a Catra.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

galenanorth posted:

My mom was 100% supportive of me all the way in whatever I wanted to be growing up

Darth Walrus posted:

:stare:

You, uh, might wanna see someone about that one, chief.

Well this helps explain why I find Catra the best character in the show. :arghfist::mad: ... :shobon: