Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Not to jump immediately into post-season finale spoiler speculation (but what the hell): Anyone get the vibe that Shadow Weaver is Mera/the previous She-Ra?

A solid show overall, despite some flaws. It needs more budget. Hoepfully they will take the foundation that this season built and go on to even bigger and better things in season 2. Bow is the MVP of the season and gets a lot of great material.

The people working on this clearly have extensive knowledge and love of Masters of the Universe/She-Ra, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Nah, Mera is more likely the crazy (like a fox) old lady Adora met. We got Shadowweaver's backstory from the magic city episode.

Lady Razz says that Mera has some relation to her (her daughter?), IIRC, but I'd have to go back and watch it again.

PicklePants posted:

There is no picture of the best character, Scorpia in the thread start. I demand that this be fixed!

Stolen from the Steven thread.

She is pretty great!

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Avalerion posted:

Wonder if there’s plans for Kyle, dunno if intentional or just meant as a joke, but his treatment by the good guys stood out as really lovely.

Yeah, he seemed like he was going to come around, then Sea Hawk sucker punches him, and then he's not seen for the rest of the season. What the hell, Sea Hawk?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
This season was so painfully bisected by Netflix trying to stretch this out that it kind of soured my enjoyment. I want more, damnit! The stuff was all good and great, but it's incomplete.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Bow's was my favorite plan, but I have to admit Glimmer's had an amazing look.

Even Kevin manages to look cool in this version. He at least caught that break.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

No, I meant Kyle, but it works as an indirect joke so I'll take it. :v:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Moon Slayer posted:

I assumed Glimmer just paid them.

Double Trouble is a merc through and through. It was clearly all business with them when they were talking with Catra. They just want to ~act~ and whoever lets them do that, they're for it. Catra tried to mix in some friendship and she was rebuffed pretty hard by DT. Doesn't surprise me that they would switch sides to either save their own skin or profit (or both).

edit: fixed my mistakes, apologies

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 8, 2019

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Damnit, sorry! :doh: I was even thinking when watching the season "Oh, it's nice that even the bad guys don't misgender them."

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Madurai posted:

It would be sort of off-tone for the horrified villagers to discover a ten-year-old's corpse stashed somewhere, yeah.

VA trivia: the village head of the butterfly people was the same actor as Governor Price, from SW Rebels.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is also the voice director of the series too.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
If you want more Jem content, read the excellent recent comic series, including the Misfits miniseries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

twistedmentat posted:

I know its good on body types, but how gay is it?

It's very gay.